Bad
Good

Posted September 12, 2013
Not only does the principal know every child's name ( K-8) she's there every morning and afternoon greeting the kids. Every teacher is friendly and would address your needs as a parent immediately. My two children love this school, they love to try to get perfect attendance, but we all get sick, and because of that, the school has created make up Saturdays for kids who want to try for that perfect attendance!

Posted September 11, 2013
Our family is in our fourth year having children at Sunset School (with many more to go), and we could not be more pleased. It is a close-knit neighborhood school with a growing group of involved parents (we need more!) and a good group of kids. The teachers are dedicated and hard-working. The principal is an active leader - positive, innovative and involved in the community. Sunset just gets better and better all the time. It is a k-8, so our kids have lots of time at Sunset still ahead of them. We are so lucky it's in our neighborhood! Check it out!

Posted July 05, 2012
I went here from kindergarden until fourth grade, until I moved to Texas. My teachers were so great. They were all nice and cared about you (Kightlinger, Martinez, Hastie, Patten) , and the then principals were great. (I had Mr Hardesty for KG, then Mrs Dillon) The librarian, counselor and office managers were great as well. Wait, wheres the complaints? Maybe there wasnt a solid music program but they were working on it :) i was in GATE and we didnt do much, but what we did do was great and fun. I wish I stayed here through 8th grade. Also, I lived in Ventura by the way - I traferred because I quit open classroom after first week of kindergarden and my neighborhood school was full Nd then i just stayed here. I personally think it should be in Ojai USD cause like half the people end up going to OUSD after Sunset anyway, and a lot transfer out of De Anza as well when they stay in VUSD though.

Posted March 26, 2012
Sunset is a great school with a beautiful campus. With only 345 students it has a definite family feel about it. The Middle School Program is fantastic and holds up very well in comparison to the other middle schools in VUSD. My kids love this school. The teachers are excellent and the principal is an engaged leader that works tirelessly for the betterment of the students. Sunset School - the little school that could...!

Sunset Elementary School 2

Posted October 25, 2009
Our experience at Sunset was not an entirely positive one. My son was there for three years. He was very happy to move to another school where there was a music program. I hope there is some sort of music program there now.

Sunset Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2009
The new principal of sunset is shaping this school into an above average school, give it time. The School will be turning into a K-8th grade soon.

Sunset Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2006
I think they have done a great job with acadamics at the school. They have a fun art program that my kids enjoy very much.

Sunset Elementary School
400 Sunset Avenue, Oak View, CA  93022-9742
Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.