Posted May 07, 2014
Looking for a great school? This is it. Experienced, interested teachers; strong administration; extensive enrichment programming; and a diverse, tight-knit community of parents, staff, students, neighbors and supporters who pull together to make Sequoia the welcoming, warm, structured place it is. Our two older children love going to school, and our youngest can't wait to get started.

Posted May 05, 2014
We love Sequoia! We've had kids here for five years, and continue to be inspired by the wonderful teachers and amazing sense of community. I would highly highly recommend it to any parent!

Posted May 05, 2014
My daughter has been at Sequoia since Kindergarten. She is now in down to her last 6 weeks of 5th grade. Sequoia has been amazing for her and for me as a parent. Her teachers throughout have been incredibly supportive, prepared and engaged. The sense of community at Sequoia is like nothing I have ever experienced. The staff, the parents and even the neighbors are all incredibly focused on making Sequoia one of the best elementary schools in the Bay Area.

Posted May 05, 2014
I have volunteered in the library at Sequoia Elementary School for over nine years, and my admiration and affection for Sequoia has only grown. This is a wonderful learning community: dedicated, accomplished teachers, supported by a great principal, engaged parents, all serving a delightfully diverse--in every sense of the word--student population.

Posted April 09, 2014
Our daughter has been extremely happy at Sequoia and truly enjoys going to school every day. This is a testament to the teachers who are inspiring in their dedication and a testament to the Principal who creates an environment where the teachers can thrive. The community involvement at the school is also amazing. Their involvement allows for many of the enrichment offerings at Sequoia, but also provides a example and model to the kids regarding community involvement and the value of education.

Posted April 02, 2014
Sequoia is special for many reasons, but the parental support here is great. My son is a 2nd grader. We participate in Bike Day, the Back to School picnic, harvest festival, and many other community events. There are great opportunities to learn here. The parents value learning, reading, and math, which in turn supports the kids and teachers. We highly recommend Sequoia.

Posted April 02, 2014
Sequoia is a wonderful school with a diverse parent, student, teacher community. There is strong parent support and fabulous teachers. Our family has enjoyed Sequoia for the past 3 years!

Posted April 02, 2014
Sequoia school has been a total dream for my family. It is our neighborhood school, so we just lucked into it, and I count my blessings all the time. I have 2 quirky daughters (one is already in middle school but went to Sequoia from kinder to 5th) who have both thrived there. There is a balance of academic rigor with creative pursuits. The art program is amazing. The student body is very diverse. Principal and teachers are very accessible.

Posted March 27, 2014
We ended up at Sequoia because my child is in TK. Sequoia wasn't even on my radar, although I had heard good things about it. We ended up loving it so much I wouldn't dream of moving schools. I used to only look at test scores but there is so much more to a school than that. To really get a feeling for a school you have to spend time on campus but I will list the things I like about Sequoia. There is an excellent principal and excellent teachers. The parent involvement is great. There's a wonderful sense of community. It's very diverse, meaning there is not one dominate group, ethnically, culturally or socio economically. The enrichment programs are so impressive. The kids learn African drumming with the greatest teacher. Every month the kids perform at Sequoia Sings where they sing and play drums. It's literally the coolest, greatest and most special thing I have ever seen a school do. The kids are taught their core values (like a school motto) of compassion, honesty, respect, and responsibility. They have art, PE, garden, drumming, music, science. It's a special, inclusive, nurturing place to attend school. Go Sequoia Squirrels!

Posted March 24, 2014
I and my wife are grandparents of three Sequoia students: a fifth grader, third grader and a TKer (transitional kindergarten). We pick up the kids after School and know teachers, parents and Principal. I have been involved as a volunteer at the School for 5+ years as a reading tutor, classroom helper and helper at various fund-raisers. I know a great number of parents and all the Teachers and the (relatively new) Principal. The Teachers are dedicted and very expert in their profession.There is not a bad Teacher some, being excellent. . I am in the process of recommending the TK Teacher, Ms. Love, for special recognition as she is truly special - keeping her very young students captivated and learning. Since we have been in contact with the School there have been three Pricipals with the first one excellent, the second not as good and now an excellent Principal again. Parents are very involved with volunteering with fund-raisers (very successful), helping out with classroom activities, after-school activities, etc. In my opinion, Sequoia School is an excellent Elementary School

Sequoia Elementary School
3730 Lincoln Avenue, Oakland, CA  94602
Last modified Sequoia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.