Oakley, CA

Posted August 29, 2013
Great teachers and great students. Much better than the concord schools my kids went too. Teachers are friendly and actually respond if you email them. I have seen the principal nearly every day after school in the front helping the kids and talking to parents. Parents at this school are also friendly and participate more than any other school I have seen. Teachers are very well organized and know the curriculum. Great school!

Posted August 28, 2013
I've had 2 children pass through Iron House Elementary. My youngest is now a 5th grader and this will be her last year. I have nothing but good things to say about this school, from physically being well maintained, to awesome staff and a wonderful principal. They have current technology and go out of their way to keep up with current teaching/learning curriculum. I truly feel my kids have benefited from having attended Iron House. Of course it is/was a California Distinguished school as well!

Posted August 28, 2013
I RATE THIS SCHOOL A 10 AS 10 BEING THE HIGHEST. THEY GO OVER AND BEYOND TO HELP THE KIDS AND THEY ARE A TEAM. THE PRINCIPAL MRS.GARNIER MAKES SURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD WITH THE PARENT DECISION. I LOVE IRON HOUSE

Iron House Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
I am very pleased with the teachers and staff at this school. I have has nothing but positive experiences with the teachers my children have and also with the wonderful and supportive office staff.

Iron House Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2013
Very difficult to deal with teachers, my first grader was continuously bullied. No one seemed to care, I finally took him out of this school.

Posted July 21, 2012
My daughter attends Iron House Elementary. This has been an excellent school. She is reading, doing math and all other subjects beyond her grade level now. Her teachers have all been amazing and very caring of each student. They have given her extra work to keep her really challenged and are very good about giving praise when the children do well. The classrooms are an inviting place to learn. The staff are all caring and help to ensure each student gets what they need to get a good education. I highly recommend this school. I was going to have my child go to a private school, but after her Kindergarten year, I would never switch.

Posted January 05, 2011
My daughter is very advanced for her age thanks to this school!!! Teachers and staff are super friendly and try their best to help students advance! Very clean school.

Iron House Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2010
it's a shame when a school's leadership will undermine and use underhanded tactics to be awarded the "distinguished school" award. It is also a shame when the teachers seem so under-educated that eventhey are not able to speak correct English, i.e. "Look at the big giant cloud." It is also upsetting to observe some of the tactics used by the PTA and the lack of welcome they offer to the parent body as a whole. Also, CA law requires all elementary students to receive 20 minutes of PE every day, recess to not be included, yet the students are punished by having PE won or lost dependent on in class work completion as well as the PE mandate not even being included in the daily schedule but rather a "maybe" status. when PE is offered, it is a teacher observing their classroom playing on the playground with no real "physical education"

Iron House Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2010
The teachers go way above average to help children. They are concerned on how your child can improve in every subject

Posted September 15, 2009

Iron House Elementary School
4801 Frank Hengel Way, Oakley, CA  94561
Last modified Iron House Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iron House Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top