Oakley, CA

Posted December 18, 2014
After moving to Antioch a year ago I was disappointed with the school that our new house was assigned to. It was on a performance improvement plan so we were able to transfer our kids to Orchard Park. I've been impressed from the day we toured the school. The principal is a wonderful asset to the school. Parents volunteer their time and spend money to help the teachers be able to accomplish the goals set for their classroom. My 4th and 1st graders have teachers who expect them to behave, participate in discussions, and respect their peers. I love that they will continue to go here through middle school. I haven't seen any bullying in my girls age groups and when I press my 4th grader she tells me that it is something that she doesn't have to deal with. Both classroom sizes are at 29, which for a public school seems pretty good. I'm so happy the the registers office found spots for my girls at this school. I'd bet it it the best school in the Antioch School District.

Orchard Park School 1

Posted November 13, 2014
Didi Is a very professional principal. She Is an amazing educator. However I'm very disappointed with how she deal with bullying!!!!! My daughter have been a victim of bullying for while at Orchard Park. She Is a target of a well-know group of kids named "The Squad", at the school. We have several tasks with Mrs. Delchiaro, she knows about this gang, but nothing but talking was done. Sounds like victims of bullying have no scape. Even if there is a lot of blablabla about it, apparently there is nothing the school can (or want) to do. We are now looking to move out of hour house, and of this school district, once the bullying now became cyber bullying, spread words about my daughter over the internet. It's all about a group of kids that call themselves "The Squad", a organization with a boss (the Alpha) and second line commander's and soldiers. This is nothing less then a gang with another name. A shame that we needs to pay a price, once the school chosen to close their eyes. I'm a parent.

Posted August 17, 2014
The staff is amazing, the kids are amazing, I love our school! Orchard Park is a unique school that serves k-8th grade. There is a real sense of community here, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Orchard Park School 1

Posted August 27, 2012
Did you notice that the Great Schools rating is 5 when every other school around is 7 or higher? They have a new principal this year so I can't vouch for her professionalism but the things said about the previous principal are true. My daughter was being bullied last year and she reported it to her and he said, and yes this is a direct quote, "You're wasting my time with all this girl drama". Needless to say, we transferred both of our kids to different schools. I won't even go into how 5th and 6th grade teachers call kids things like "Devil's child" and not in a good way. Avoid this school if you can, avoiding the entire district would be a wiser move. On the flip side, the PTA is really involved with the school.

Posted August 18, 2011
Orchard Park is fantastic. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are very caring and love the kids! Although the class sizes have increased, this is not the fault of the school, but the State. The Principal and teachers do the best they can with what they have. My child benefits greatly from hands-on learning and spends lots of time not only doing his classwork, but free time as well. Orchard Park also has a lot of great parent involvement. Parents have been great to donate to the school and their teachers. There are parents volunteering during the day, the PTA has great events and programs and a great ELAC program. Parking lot traffic is truly not that bad, just ask any elementary school in Concord, Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek where their parking lots were designed for school buses. There is only so much that can be done when parents park in the loading zone and get out of their car. I give Orchard Park 5 Stars! A great school that I know my kids are safe and cared for during the day. And with it being K-8 I know that they won't have the pressures of Jr High and will be able to focus on school and learning, which is a #1 priority.

Posted August 16, 2011
I can't say enough about how blessed we are to have our children attend Orchard Park. The principal is great, and so are the teachers and office staff. I love that parents help out too! My daughter spent one agonizing year at another school for 6th grade, and we pulled her out. We haven't been happier! We can't wait to begin another successful year at Orchard Park!

Orchard Park School 2

Posted April 01, 2011
Very large classroom size, it's 2011 and the student teacher ratio is 35 to 1. They have combined grades into one class. The principal treats us differently when I requested my child be put in a single grade class from the 4Th and 5Th combined my child was put in. The curriculum is behind many Brentwood elementary schools. I have personally compared the two. The teachers do the best they can with no money and that's the only reason I didn't put unsatisfactory and the car line is a whole mess of its own. The principle lets the cars sit and wait for the next grades that haven't even got out yet while we're trying to pick up the kids that are out right now. So there ends up being no room. He watches from sidewalk and does nothing. He doesn't like being bothered by anything. Well I wish life was that smooth. but it's not.

Posted May 21, 2010
I love it and my experience has been nothing less than Excellent. My son is in the 4th grade here after having issues at another antioch elementary for having respect and callin a young teacher Yes Sir/Maam. My children were raised in the south and thats something we teach.. Anyway Mr. Daecus (prinicipal) welcomed my son with open arms and the learning experience here is great. I love it

Posted December 09, 2009
Orchard Park Elementary is a wonderful school. I was a little concerned at first with it being a public school. It is run alot like a private school. It has small classroom sizes, teachers that really care and are passionate about teaching the students. The principal is wonderful, is very hands on with the students and staff. He is outside every morning making sure the students arrive safe in the school. I highly recommend.

Orchard Park School 0

Posted October 30, 2009
I think that Orchard Park Eay is an amazing school because the school goes to eighth grade and now a days that is getting to be rare. Another reason is becase the teachers are great and helpful. The school is really family oriented.

Orchard Park School
5150 Live Oak Avenue, Oakley, CA  94561
Last modified Orchard Park School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top