Posted March 06, 2013
this school is awful the teachers are rude and they give us like 50 projects at a time they have favorites witch annoys me. i'll be in class and some buddy talks and doesn't get yelled at this school is garbage.

O'hara Park Middle School 3

Posted February 26, 2012
I'm a student and I'd say the staff could help with bullying a little better. One time I asked to talk to the school counselor and they said they would get back to me. They never did. I do get my work done, but there are lots of class interruptions. It could be better.

Posted February 15, 2012
I was not happy with this school, but it wasn't until I pulled my child out and placed them elsewhere that I truly realized how awful this school really is. The lack of help from teachers combined with the continual class disruption from disrespectful/disobedient students makes learning very difficult. Although there are many good kids at this school, they are overshadowed by the gang members, delinquents and just plain disrespectful students. The principal and staff are not tough enough with the discipline. They know about many problem kids that bully and harass others yet do nothing about it. In my opinion, this school is not a safe place for any child to be or thrive academically.

O'hara Park Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2012
I have two children attending O'hara. One struggles and needs extra time from teachers which isn't available due to huge classroom sizes. I am told to just keep checking the website or look into paid tutoring. My other child is essentially "punished" with an additional math class for being advanced. Gangs and juvenile parolees are prevalent. Both of my children have been instructed not to wear two or more items of the same color in order to not be mistaken for a gang member. I am extremely disappointed at the lack of student support and an entire academic system that puts advanced students into zero period along with regular classes for the same subject.

Posted March 21, 2010
This school has really good and amazing staff! Every staff member helps make the school a good place so kids can learn and feel better about their education. The teachers give out real good help to any student who needs it and make the student feel better about themselves. I give the school a very good review!

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted July 09, 2009
O'hara is a great school! My child did slack in 6th grade. But in 7th grade..they improved a lot! I love the staff theyre! They're so nice. And they have excellnt eduacation. The friendly enviroment makes students feel comfy they're.

Posted May 03, 2009

Posted April 02, 2009

O'hara Park Middle School 0

Posted March 13, 2009
This is a school that teaches all of us respect as well as other moral schools. They have great teaching plans and the 8th grade science taugh by Mrs. Masuzumi, in my opinion, is the most informative. This school also has a nice enviroment, we all feel comfortable with the teachers and are able to willingly talk to the counselors. O'hara offers a thing that is call 'peer helpers' and I am part of it. We are trained on how to solve conflicts while taking us through all the steps and the basic needs of people. As a peer helper we are called in the office to help solve conflicts among the student body.

O'hara Park Middle School
1100 O'hara Avenue, Oakley, CA  94561
Last modified O'hara Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'hara Park Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top