Orange, CA

Chapman Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2015
We were thrilled to get a spot at Chapman Hills, but surprised at the large class sizes (30 in K!) When our son started first grade, we realized he was far behind his peers academically (this was never mentioned by his K teacher). We started working with him at home on a daily basis to help him catch up. Oftentimes, worksheets would come home that had clearly been copied from the board. Our son confirmed that. There was very little independent writing happening and work would come home that was full of mistakes. There was no indication that the teacher had worked with my son to correct any of the wrong answers. We felt that our child was being overlooked and that the instruction was weak. When I contacted the teacher, I got nowhere. I asked for assessment data and she said she'd get that to me. She never did. We pulled him out of the school shortly after that. We really wanted to give Chapman Hills the benefit of the doubt and we hated to pull our son away from his school and friends, but we felt we had no choice. We have since moved to another school and are seeing much improvement in our child's progress.

Posted December 16, 2014
Our daughter is in Mrs. Safa's kindergarten class and while we're pretty new to this whole school thing, the experience has been wonderful so far. Our only complaints about the school have to do with the parking lot but that's to be expected and the school does deal with them as well as they possibly can. Mrs. Safa is a FANTASTIC teacher and we could not possibly be happier with our daughter's first teacher. There were a couple early social issues for my daughter and one minor bullying incident, and both were swiftly, compassionately, and appropriately dealt with after a quick email to the teacher. I hope all our years at Chapman Hills live up to the high expectations set by this first one.

Chapman Hills Elementary School 3

Posted October 13, 2014
this is our 3rd year at chapman hills & this is by far the worst. i feel that my daughters teacher is totally unprofessional and the principal is nonchalant about parent concerns. parent calls to principal take 3-5 days to be returned. class sizes wayyyy too big. major issues arising. many unhappy parents.

Posted October 13, 2014
Chapman Hills is a wonderful school! You have to stop in and see how wonderful the school and staff are.

Chapman Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Pulled my child from this school. Class sizes too big. My child got lost in the mix starting in Kinder and never caught up. Very disappointed and its not worth the drive. Teachers only care enough to get by.

Posted August 13, 2014
Can't say enough great things about this school! Absolutely adore the office women, Miss Andrea and Miss Debbie! The school wouldn't be able to function without them! Love love love them!! Always smiling and so very welcoming, I just love it!

Chapman Hills Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2012
I have two children at this school. Academically, this school is fine. They do better at language arts, as far as trying to accommodate all skill levels. Mathematically, not so much, at least not for those who are above grade level. The campus is safe and closed! I don't feel the family atmosphere that some have spoke of. There are too many children in the classes and not even a request for parent assistance, other than their preset times. Luckily, they are very good at sending home class work that was done within the last week; Unfortunately, I often have to re-teach concepts that my child missed and the teacher either didn't notice or, more than likely, didn't have time to walk over and point out the misunderstanding because she has NO assistant. Speaking of 'she', there is one male teacher and one male playground helper at the entire school. A little more testosterone is needed. PTA is involved but not inclusive. A lot of emphasis is put on math and LA, there's no foreign language, academic contest, or consistent art or music. If you choose to attend this school, know that you will need to look elsewhere for those things that help to well round your child's education.

Posted December 06, 2011
This is our first year at Chapman Hills. Our son came from a private Christian school. We couldn't be more pleased with the school. The teacher's are dedicated and our son's teacher has taken the time to help him adjust. The curriculum is wonderful at top notch! The school campus is very safe and classrooms are all close, so that the principal can make regular visits. Speaking of the principal, Mrs. Lucas, she is sooo amazing. Very personable, passionate, visible and truely loves kids. The PTA is very committed and is largely responsible for all of the extra programs at Chapman Hills. There is a "family" atmosphere on campus and we feel so blessed to be a part of the "Bobcat Family".

Posted May 11, 2010
A great school! The principal is wonderful and very devoted. And the office staff is very nice and supportive. My son is in 1st &2nd comb. class, his teacher works hard to help them achieve a higher level. We love this school.

Posted March 20, 2010
Office staff is excellent. Facilities are great. As with any school you are going to have a variety of teachers. So far we have had good experiences with our teachers. Some are better than others, but you will find this at any school. PTA is top notch and there is a lot of parent involvement.

Chapman Hills Elementary School
170 North Aspen Street, Orange, CA  92869
Last modified Chapman Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapman Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top