Orange, CA

Posted February 20, 2015
This school is amazing! My sons both go here and I have been so impressed with the sense of community. Everyone was so welcoming when we first started and made us feel at home right away. The kids are very kind and supportive of one another. The principal is fantastic and works so hard to make the school successful. The teachers are all wonderful and really care about the kids and school. It's just such a wonderful school that I cannot say enough good things about it!

Posted June 09, 2012
We'll be starting our 3rd year at LP and we are so impressed with the sense of community and diversity at the school. It's small, which has pros and cons but we are happy with so many things. The dedicated parents that volunteer countless hours, the creative lessons/activities that teach the kids to think out of the box, and the principal, Mrs. Vallas, not afraid to make the changes needed to keep up with the times. New technology lab, sports programs starting for 1st graders, after school Science Club, incredible field trips for each grade, choir and music class, Spanish class starting in K and much more. Give this school a look! It's a hidden jewel in a not so great neighborhood. Best part is the interaction of the kids. The first year there, so many kids would greet my son by name. From all grade levels. A wonderful inclusive feeling.

Posted February 17, 2012
This is more than a school, It is a community and a family. All of the kids know each other and I love seeing the older kids looking out for the younger ones. Additionally, academically, my kids have had standardized test results which are off the charts. They are around other kids who are motivated and teachers who enjoy teaching. You will always be greeted with a smile by other parents and people want to make you feel welcome. I can genuinely say that my children enjoy going to school! We have been so blessed to find this school!

Posted March 03, 2011
My child has excelled in three qualities in her first year at La Purisima: Kindness, competence and intelligence. I am a new parent to LP. My child is in Pre-K and this, her first year with LP, she has had an incredible experience, has bonded with children not only in Pre-K but in all grades up through 8th and has learned more then I would even expect from Kindergarten. Before she started we were given the curriculum for Pre-K. That s right a curriculum. Pre-K isn t limited to arts and crafts and playing. They have time for Science, Social Studies, Reading, Religion, Math, Spanish, Music and more. When I first received that form I thought this must be a mistake, I got the curriculum for second grade. The Pre-K class is so well managed and the teachers are extraordinary. LP is not just a school but a community. My daughter s schoolmates, their parents, the teachers and the staff are reminiscent of my family. Your child will win with LP. Everyday is a GREAT day to be a Cavalier.

Posted February 28, 2011
Sending our kids to La Purisima is easily one of the best decisions we've ever made. In six years there, our kids have had nothing but wonderful, intelligent, caring teachers who have encouraged and challenged them-- and they have top-notch standardized test scores to prove how much they have learned. They love school-- it is truly a home and a family for them. Their classmates are the kind of kids we want them to be friends with, friends who encourage each other and inspire each other academically, athletically, culturally, and in faith. The principal has decades of experience and is dynamic, enthusiastic and a terrific leader. The school and church have such an incredible sense of community and have become a family for us as parents as well. There is a strong sense of faith, a wonderful academic program, a genuine focus on service, and a comfortably diverse and close-knit community, all of which make LP a truly special place.

Posted January 25, 2011
When my daughter graduated from 8th grade she went into 10th grade honors classes at a local public high school and is doing very well handling the heavy workload as well working together with other classmates on major projects-a skill she learned at La Purisima.

Posted July 19, 2010
I love this school the faculty makes you feel like your at home. Maybe you will have a lot of homework but in the end it will be worth it. I learned a lot more at this school then i did at my other 2 schools. This school is way higher in academics then many other schools. The new 7th grade teacher makes you feel like you are her younger sibling and she will protect you through thick and thin but her #1 rule is never embrass her. Don't fool around or talk in the hallways because she will look like she doesn't teach us anything.

La Purisima Catholic School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
They educate many latino and vietnamese students who seem to be able to learn the English language well. Also they are also rated very highly academically having won several County academic competitons.

Posted July 03, 2006
It was the beast school ever for my child . If it wasnt for Miss Carty my daughter would have ever had fun at school

La Purisima Catholic School 4

Posted May 11, 2006
La Purisima is an excellent school from pre-K through middle school. It's not uncommon to find teachers in the classroom after 5pm still working, the principal is still there long after, if there is ever a concern with your student regarding academics or behavior the teachers and administrators respond immediately with parents and work together to come up with ideas on how to help. The environment is loving, safe and nurturing. I pulled my girls out of the local public school Linda Vista due to a horrible experience and found a jewel here at La Purisima.

La Purisima Catholic School
11712 North Hewes Street, Orange, CA  92869
Last modified La Purisima Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
La Purisima Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top