Oxnard, CA

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school so glad this was my sons first school and hope it will also be my daughters.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have two daughters who enjoyed GATE classes. My oldest daughter got 600 points for her CST's Math Test and 550 for her English Parts

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2011
My son currently attends this school as a 5th grader and has been there since the 3rd grade. He is in the GATE program. I have been very happy with the GATE program, however I must admit that I sometimes have to do some reteaching and teaching at home. I am a 4th and sometimes 5th grade teacher, so this works out well. There are, however, some students that shouldn't be in the GATE program based on behavior and work ethic, but students are placed in the program via an non-verbal IQ test. With an IQ of 130 they are accepted. This school also has a lot of helpful and interested parents because they tend to be the type who value education and are willing to help out with either money or time. There are also a lot of extra curricular activities offered. I feel that I am getting a private school education and the bargain price of public, which, of course, is essentially free. Nonetheless, I am public school teacher, and I can say none of it is free, although education is worth every penny we spend on it.

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
The GATE program is not the excellect program since moved to McAluiffe, teachers are not trained to teach GATE students. The principal is not commited to improve education. Bullying is a big problem in this school.

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2011
As my daughter's 3rd grade year draws to a close, I feel like I can honestly review this school. She went from a private school to this school and surprisingly, the curriculum is much more challenging. The larger class size has been a positive aspect rather than a negtaive one since my daughter has more kids to choose from when it comes to friends. Her prior class size of only 7 girls was not a good thing for her, socially. Having the GATE program at the school is also a plus since the administration has the raised their expectations for ALL students and not just the GATE students.

Posted November 05, 2010
I love this school so much! I attended this school back in 1998 from kinder to 4th grade but then i moved to Los Angeles and i have to say if it wasn't for this elementary school and the wonderful teachers I would not be attending the University of Southern California right now as a freshman in college. :)

Posted October 28, 2009
This school is awesome.! We just moved and are so lucky to be in a school that challenge,encourages and believes in every student. My son comes home excited after each day of school and that is priceless especially in these times.

Posted October 10, 2009
It has the most awesome teachers!!!!!

Posted October 08, 2009
We love this school for many reasons, The teachers are great, The school shows great pride and honor,clean enviroment. My child is in the Gate Program they offer many activities, allow Parents involment. Weekly report on students, Progress shows on a weekly basis. My child loves school, loves to read, loves to do homework thanks to the great encouragement and rewards this school makes learning fun and exciting for all students.

Posted October 08, 2009
We like the clean learning enviroment, the teachers are great My daughter is in the 3rd grade Gate program and they offer plenty activities and my daughter absolutely loves this school.

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School
3300 West Via Marina Avenue, Oxnard, CA  93030
Last modified Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top