Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are so special and dear to us. I wish we could take these determined people with us along the longer journey.

Amount of homework: Agree

Longfellow provides the right amount of homework. Just enough to recap the day and prepare for tomorrow. The project based learning that comes home has really engaged my daughter. I'm thrilled with these special projects.

I wish there were 10 more stars to click on. My oldest daughter graduated from Longfellow last year. Her transition to middle school was unexpectedly easy and smooth. She currently has a 4.0 and a tremendous amount of confidence, both academically and socially. I give credit to the excellent Longfellow teachers and staff who work passionately to make sure ALL students are provided the skills they need to excel in all areas at school. My youngest daughter is currently in 4th grade and can't wait to go to school each day. She is eager to learn and loves being with her friends and classmates. Longfellow is well rounded, capturing all aspects of what a child needs. I especially like the unique projects, smart use of technology, and the large number of field trips per year. The bonus? My daughter receives 8+ hours of orchestra training a per week. We will always be part of the Longfellow family that has provided so much for my girls.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids have had great experiences with each of their teachers! They really know how to provide differentiated learning.

My daughter and son have attended this school their entire elementary career and we, as a family, have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The principal provides top notch leadership and the staff are superb. My children are thriving and have made life-long friends. Please visit the school. We chose Longfellow as our first choice in Open Enrollment and have never looked back. They also have an after school music program that is phenomenal!!!

My two daughters have attended this school for their entire elementary tenure. One has moved on to middle school and one is still here. This is our neighborhood school and it is fantastic. The entire staff is attentive, the Principal is fantastic even the janitors are wonderful and helpful. There is tons of parent involvement, many extra's in the curriculum. There is a true communal feeling that surrounds the school. I wouldn't have wanted to send my children anywhere else.

Our oldest son went K-5 and our youngest is currently in 2nd grade. Good teachers--great staff overall. Strong and growing PTA. Our oldest boy holds this school so close in his heart, now that he's a Boy Scout, he wants his Eagle project to benefit the students at Longfellow!

I love Longfellow! Both my daughters went here. One is now in 6th grade and my other is in 3rd. This school is so tight knight and very family oriented. You are greeted every monring by the Principle, Ms. Inger, Who not only knows faces but every single child's name! Quite Impressive if I must say so myself!

I now have 2 children at Longfellow, one in 2nd and one in kindergarten. The teachers are outstanding and dedicated to their students and their craft. There are more and more parents involved each year we've been there, and the parents truly love being part of the community. The administration is responsive to problems and suggestions. The student population is diverse and engaged. This was our neighborhood school, and it was a no-brainer that we would love it, but I had no idea how much the entire family would get from our involvement in its community. I encourage interested parents to come for a tour!

My child started kindergarten here this year despite my concerns about sending him to public school. In the last few months I've found Longfellow to be a very welcoming neighborhood school where parents can be as involved as they can and want. The Principal is incredibly receptive to parents' suggestions, acting quickly and efficiently to remedy things within her power. A growing number of involved parents participates in beautification projects, puts on family events, supports teachers with projects and in the classroom, and reaches out to parents through monthly coffees and written communications. The amazingly dedicated librarian runs enrichment groups for English learners, loans books to parents, and finds a way to keep the library well-stocked and welcoming despite drastic district cuts. My one concern is the inconsistent quality of the separately-run after school programs. Overall very pleased with Longfellow!

Last modified Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.