Pasadena, CA

Posted April 28, 2015
My two daughters have attended this school for their entire elementary tenure. One has moved on to middle school and one is still here. This is our neighborhood school and it is fantastic. The entire staff is attentive, the Principal is fantastic even the janitors are wonderful and helpful. There is tons of parent involvement, many extra's in the curriculum. There is a true communal feeling that surrounds the school. I wouldn't have wanted to send my children anywhere else.

Posted September 02, 2013
Our oldest son went K-5 and our youngest is currently in 2nd grade. Good teachers--great staff overall. Strong and growing PTA. Our oldest boy holds this school so close in his heart, now that he's a Boy Scout, he wants his Eagle project to benefit the students at Longfellow!

Posted August 19, 2013
I love Longfellow! Both my daughters went here. One is now in 6th grade and my other is in 3rd. This school is so tight knight and very family oriented. You are greeted every monring by the Principle, Ms. Inger, Who not only knows faces but every single child's name! Quite Impressive if I must say so myself!

Posted September 02, 2011
I now have 2 children at Longfellow, one in 2nd and one in kindergarten. The teachers are outstanding and dedicated to their students and their craft. There are more and more parents involved each year we've been there, and the parents truly love being part of the community. The administration is responsive to problems and suggestions. The student population is diverse and engaged. This was our neighborhood school, and it was a no-brainer that we would love it, but I had no idea how much the entire family would get from our involvement in its community. I encourage interested parents to come for a tour!

Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2011
My child started kindergarten here this year despite my concerns about sending him to public school. In the last few months I've found Longfellow to be a very welcoming neighborhood school where parents can be as involved as they can and want. The Principal is incredibly receptive to parents' suggestions, acting quickly and efficiently to remedy things within her power. A growing number of involved parents participates in beautification projects, puts on family events, supports teachers with projects and in the classroom, and reaches out to parents through monthly coffees and written communications. The amazingly dedicated librarian runs enrichment groups for English learners, loans books to parents, and finds a way to keep the library well-stocked and welcoming despite drastic district cuts. My one concern is the inconsistent quality of the separately-run after school programs. Overall very pleased with Longfellow!

Posted April 30, 2010
We are very happy about this school, but today learned that our son's teacher will be laid off. She has been excellent and it would be a real loss if the layoffs go through. Our daughter (who is now attending a UC) started at this school in 1999 and it has improved every year since.

Posted April 27, 2010
Excellent teachers and staff, who are great communicators with parents and care about all aspects of the children. Involved and dedicated parents who know the value of creating a community. Happy children who are engaged and enjoy learning socially as well as academically. Longfellow is a friendly, positive place of learning for all.

Posted April 12, 2010
A great principal who knows the value of extra curricular activities. Dedicated teachers who know how to get the best of their students and nice students who are learning respect and study skills.

Posted April 12, 2010
The greatest teachers I've ever seen -- and the best school library with the best librarian in the world, Mrs. Roth!

Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School

Posted April 12, 2010
The teachers are dedicated and outstanding. They truly care about each of their students. The school is building a great community.

Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School
1065 East Washington Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91104
Last modified Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top