Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 17, 2015
Our school Librarian goes beyond all expectations of what a library holds. Mrs. Roth, thank you for that special energy, compassion, and for spearheading the love of reading in our children. Your special programs, library lessons, morning, day, and after school check-outs (even when you are off the clock), support for teacher's lessons, willingness to help parents encourage their children to read. If only every kid were so lucky.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 17, 2015
The teachers are so special and dear to us. I wish we could take these determined people with us along the longer journey.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 17, 2015
Longfellow provides the right amount of homework. Just enough to recap the day and prepare for tomorrow. The project based learning that comes home has really engaged my daughter. I'm thrilled with these special projects.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 17, 2015
Hard work equals success is the motto. Something I have incorporated into my household as well.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 17, 2015
Safe, responsible, respectful is preached daily. The students have an abundance of adult role models displaying these actions and it shows in student behavior. Children are kind and thoughtful, respecting of others, creating a healthy environment for all.

Posted October 17, 2015
I wish there were 10 more stars to click on. My oldest daughter graduated from Longfellow last year. Her transition to middle school was unexpectedly easy and smooth. She currently has a 4.0 and a tremendous amount of confidence, both academically and socially. I give credit to the excellent Longfellow teachers and staff who work passionately to make sure ALL students are provided the skills they need to excel in all areas at school. My youngest daughter is currently in 4th grade and can't wait to go to school each day. She is eager to learn and loves being with her friends and classmates. Longfellow is well rounded, capturing all aspects of what a child needs. I especially like the unique projects, smart use of technology, and the large number of field trips per year. The bonus? My daughter receives 8+ hours of orchestra training a per week. We will always be part of the Longfellow family that has provided so much for my girls.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 13, 2015
Dear Mrs. Ingber, You and your staff ROCK! Please let everyone know how much we appreciate all that you provide for our children. Love, Angie & Scott Uriu

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 13, 2015
My kids have had great experiences with each of their teachers! They really know how to provide differentiated learning.

Posted October 13, 2015
My daughter and son have attended this school their entire elementary career and we, as a family, have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The principal provides top notch leadership and the staff are superb. My children are thriving and have made life-long friends. Please visit the school. We chose Longfellow as our first choice in Open Enrollment and have never looked back. They also have an after school music program that is phenomenal!!!

Posted April 28, 2015
My two daughters have attended this school for their entire elementary tenure. One has moved on to middle school and one is still here. This is our neighborhood school and it is fantastic. The entire staff is attentive, the Principal is fantastic even the janitors are wonderful and helpful. There is tons of parent involvement, many extra's in the curriculum. There is a true communal feeling that surrounds the school. I wouldn't have wanted to send my children anywhere else.

1065 East Washington Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91104-2498
Last modified Longfellow (Henry W.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.