Pasadena, CA
Students enrolled: 1,901

Posted June 11, 2015
We just finished our second year at Marshall Fundamental and I can't imagine being anywhere else. This school works from the top down - the principal, the assistant principals, teachers, nurses, security, to the amazing librarian. They all work together to teach our children respect while offering the very best education. The continuity from grades 6-12 gives our children an understanding of what is expected of them. Programs that start at 6th through graduation offer our kids a chance to grow and learn. It is the reason our music programs are the best. And the 6-12 experience brings a commitment from parents as well as kids. We have great volunteer parents and lots of opportunities no matter what your interest. The awards Marshall receives are so varied and demonstrate the many opportunities for our students. Can't wait for the next 5 years. It's a good day to be a Marshall Eagle!

Posted June 08, 2015
Marshall is a school filled with diversity and opportunity. What makes this special is that with its diverse population it provides a path for more students to be successful. It’s Academy for Creative Industries (ACI) College and Career Pathways is one of those areas. ACI was new to Marshall in the 2014 – 2015 school year. It is a college and career pathway that lays the groundwork for students with interest in performing arts, visual arts, and 3d printing. This academy extends student learning and interest and has promise for the success of more students, the school, and the careers that lie ahead. This in addition to the Advance Placement (AP) studies, clubs, and athletics makes Marshall a place where more students can thrive. As a parent of a middle and high school student our experiences thus far have been solid. As it is often said, “Eagles soar”.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 08, 2015
If teachers could utilize Aeries, the parent portal on a regular and consistent basis, it would assist students and their parents in monitoring the student's progress. This tool can provide a more effective objective discussion between parents/students and parent/students/teacher when necessary.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 08, 2015
I feel that the amount of homework is appropriate. It's students learning time management skills that can make the difference in their success.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 08, 2015
There is always opportunity to grow in this areas. More empathy with more students is needed. This is a life long skill that is important to have.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
Yes, within a diverse community there is opportunity for all students from all social economic levels, diverse ethnicity, and learning abilities can thrive.

Posted September 26, 2013
Marshall is a friendly and well-organized school for its size and provides education for over 2,000 students from 6th through 12th grade. College prep designed courses start in 6th grade, music programs are very strong and staff always seems available to answer questions.

Marshall Fundamental School 2

Posted September 10, 2013
First month at school. Daughter is in Honors 7th Grade. She didn't receive any of her text books till the 3rd week. Her gym locker was broken into and her scooter was stolen. Just giving you the facts.

Posted January 09, 2013
Wow, where do I begin? A few years ago I left a review on this page (I was a freshman at the time) and now i'm a senior. Yes, a senior can you believe it? The years have gone by so fast. Faster than expected actually. I have been here since the 7th grade and have loved this school since. I've met so many amazing friends that have now become family and teachers that all genuinely care about me and my education. It's been rocky along the way but with the help from the Marshall community I was able to get this far. The days are getting closer and closer to the day I graduate, the day that I do graduate I will be proud to say that I graduated an Eagle! We're almost there Class of 2013! Just a little bit longer!:)

Posted August 05, 2012
Marshall is an amazing school. I am currently going to be in high school this year, and I must say, my middle school experience has been amazing. The teachers actually care about their students and push them to try their hardest. Marshall was the first (and i believe the only) to have and AP Prep class for 6th grade (there are actually 3). The orchestra/band and choir classes are wonderful (I've been in both) the teachers will give you songs that you wouldn't expect to hear from middle school students. The teachers are brilliant. If you are in AP classes, once you start the transition into 7th grade, you get summer homework. It's not always easy, but I like the fact that they give it to us because it keeps you challenged throughout the summer and you continue an education even when you are not in school. The classes are interesting, and the teachers will do whatever they can to help you understand the work that comes along with the class. All in all, I adore Marshall and it's a wonderful school to help prep for college. You don't find "cliques" at Marshall, so being excluded is not an issue, many people are very warm and welcoming to new students. Bullying is scarce. 5/5 stars

990 North Allen Avenue, Pasadena, CA  91104
Last modified Marshall Fundamental School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall Fundamental School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top