Pasadena, CA
Students enrolled: 1,901

Posted September 26, 2013
Marshall is a friendly and well-organized school for its size and provides education for over 2,000 students from 6th through 12th grade. College prep designed courses start in 6th grade, music programs are very strong and staff always seems available to answer questions.

Marshall Fundamental School 2

Posted September 10, 2013
First month at school. Daughter is in Honors 7th Grade. She didn't receive any of her text books till the 3rd week. Her gym locker was broken into and her scooter was stolen. Just giving you the facts.

Posted January 09, 2013
Wow, where do I begin? A few years ago I left a review on this page (I was a freshman at the time) and now i'm a senior. Yes, a senior can you believe it? The years have gone by so fast. Faster than expected actually. I have been here since the 7th grade and have loved this school since. I've met so many amazing friends that have now become family and teachers that all genuinely care about me and my education. It's been rocky along the way but with the help from the Marshall community I was able to get this far. The days are getting closer and closer to the day I graduate, the day that I do graduate I will be proud to say that I graduated an Eagle! We're almost there Class of 2013! Just a little bit longer!:)

Posted August 05, 2012
Marshall is an amazing school. I am currently going to be in high school this year, and I must say, my middle school experience has been amazing. The teachers actually care about their students and push them to try their hardest. Marshall was the first (and i believe the only) to have and AP Prep class for 6th grade (there are actually 3). The orchestra/band and choir classes are wonderful (I've been in both) the teachers will give you songs that you wouldn't expect to hear from middle school students. The teachers are brilliant. If you are in AP classes, once you start the transition into 7th grade, you get summer homework. It's not always easy, but I like the fact that they give it to us because it keeps you challenged throughout the summer and you continue an education even when you are not in school. The classes are interesting, and the teachers will do whatever they can to help you understand the work that comes along with the class. All in all, I adore Marshall and it's a wonderful school to help prep for college. You don't find "cliques" at Marshall, so being excluded is not an issue, many people are very warm and welcoming to new students. Bullying is scarce. 5/5 stars

Posted July 15, 2010
The music program at Marshall is one of the most amazing institutes I've ever been in! The leadership in band is like no other! This marching season we sadly lost our band director, leaving us with a substitute Teacher until we were able to Find a new director. During that time the members of the marching band took responsibility of the entire music program, which included beginning courses in band and orchestra, which consists of mainly junior high kids. The band members became stand in teachers and taught the beginning and intermediate classes by themselves for about 2 months. After they pulled off such a miraculous feat, the marching band went off to win 1st place in competitions. The music program is really out of this world at Marshall. Music is considered to be a great asset to Marshall, so it's always appreciated by school officials. I rate Marshall music 5*s

Marshall Fundamental School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Marshall encourages academic excellence for all of its students. I am proud to be a part of its fine staff!

Posted September 09, 2009
I am a retired teacher from Marshall who maintains substantial contact with the school in both paid and volunteer capacities. The strong academic/AP program, the high degree of parent involvement, and the very active music program all stand out. Underlying all these is the strong leadership (administrators) which took charge about five years ago. What a pleasure it has been to witness a school which has been transformed for the better during the past five years. I would be remiss not to mention the impressively large number of simply wonderful young people who are our students; their high caliber makes the rest possible.

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009
wow! I have a 12th, 10th and 8th grader and one who graduateded in 2006 , as is now attending the United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point New York , Marshall has definaetly been a very big part of our lives for the past 8 years and even to find the right words to express my love and appreciation for the awesome teachers ,and staff and parents that volunteer and not to mention the great students we have from all diverse backgrounds, Marshall has great Teachers that work very hards to help all students acheive their highest goals ,dreams and potiential to get them ready for the real world ,not only acedemecly but socialy as well , my sons and daughter have all been a part of Marshalls AP programs and honor classes , and clubs and even what they Love the most,Sports!Thank You Marshall & God Bless You.

Posted November 13, 2008
i went to marshall since 6th grade and i am now an 8th grader attending at a different school because we moved but i honestly would do anything to return to that school. i had very good teachers an got along with all of them. they made me fell comfortable in discussing stuff. i had many very good friends. i love Marshall =]]

Marshall Fundamental School
990 North Allen Avenue, Pasadena, CA  91104
Last modified Marshall Fundamental School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall Fundamental School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top