Pearblossom, CA

Pearblossom Private School, Inc. 4

Posted December 20, 2013
My 4th and 5th graders are doing this program. This is their second year. As with Any other homeschool program it was hard at the beginning, however I realized that in order to succeed, as a parent a needed to be very involved, especially if your child is young. I also realized this program might not work for everyone:my son learns much more visually than my daughter, she learns better by reading. She loves this program! however my son has a hard time seating because this program is more writing and reading, its not computer based or hands-on as others. It's not a bad program at all, it's really good, but the style might not work for every child. I'm just thankful I found it!! I would love to have a direct direction to reinforce between the workbook assignments and the practice books, but otherwise GREAT!!!

Posted October 31, 2013
I am a current student. I love pearblossom school. Yes, it is run by witnesses. But no, this school does not push religeous beliefs on anyone. You have the option to shorten your school year or extend it adding subjects. Yes, the school consists of reading a chapter and taking a test. But the test is designed in a way that, if you didn't understand anything you read, you WILL NOT be able to take the test. Trust me, I've learned. And you know what, if someone is complaining that this school is "boring", then why did you even start homeschooling? Yes, you have to educate yourself. Yes, you have to be a hard worker. And YES, there are projects and essays to do. I am in 10th grade and I have to do 6 APA essays that require a lot of research and careful layout. This school is great and I thank Jehovah, because I can say this school saved my life.

Posted February 20, 2013
Respectfully, I beg to differ...this school is not run for "just Jehovah's Witnesses." It is NOT used to go out and "convert" people. You don't have to be Witnesses to attend here...Just like, you don't have to be a Witness to attend ANY public or private school system. Yes, for a Witness, the curriculum can be tailored around their way of life. Is it mandatory for everyone who is attending? NO. If a Witness chooses to use the Young People Ask Book as part of their Health curriculum then that is their choice. The school does not push that or any personal beliefs on anyone. If you want a regular Health textbook that is provided by the state, then that is perfectly fine as well and is provided to the student...AND BY THE WAY, ANY HOMESCHOOL PROGRAM IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT AND PUT INTO IT. A student in ANY homeschooling program has to have patience, time and the DILIGENCE to keep up with their studies along with supervision and input from the parent(s). Parents have to put in the time, too. It is definitely not like sending them off to school. No ONE program is perfect, PERIOD. While this program is fine for a lot of people, it's obviously not the right one for your family.

Pearblossom Private School, Inc. 2

Posted January 30, 2013
Just FYI this is not a "nonsectarian" school. It is run for Jehovahs Witness parents to put their kids into, and their Jehovahs Witness publications and door to door activity are built into the curriculum. If you are not a Jehovahs Witness (and if you are anyone who wants a quality, engaging education), best stay away. Here's more on why: This school consists of learning a textbook chapter completely on your own (with no requirement to turn in any assignments) and then take an online test. As far as I can tell so far, no writing, no projects, nothing other than these tests. Seems boring and very much like the previous reviewer who said she basically had to teach herself. You get what you put in, and only a very patient and dedicated student would get anything lasting out of it. The "Questions Young People Ask" book by Jehovah Witnesses is used as a textbook. Also you can get "Career Planning" credit for spending lots of hours witnessing and trying to get converts for Jehovah. This school is basically designed to get you in and out of the school with a minimum of effort and time so you can turn around and be a full time Jehovah Witness "pioneer." Very little academic merit ...

Pearblossom Private School, Inc. 2

Posted May 14, 2012
I am a current student. I thought this program was great at first, but, this year has been horrible. They say they offer help over the phone between around 9am to 5pm (I HAVE THE SAME TIME ZONE) and the ONLY one that actually knows anything is the professer. He is rarely in when they say he is, and the staff itself doesn't know how to help, all they know is the answers because they can look them up. They basically leave you on your own to teach yourself. (Especially if your parents like mine, don't even understand the work) I am highly disapointed with this program. :(

Pearblossom Private School, Inc. 3

Posted August 01, 2011
My sister and I graduated in 2002 and this school was excellent for us! However, I will warn that once you graduate they are less than helpful. I have spent several weeks trying to get my transcripts from them. Because of their refusal to communicate in a timely manner, I have lost my college grant.

Posted September 10, 2009
i love this school! the staff is very helpful and the curriculum is great.

Pearblossom Private School, Inc. 0

Posted January 13, 2009
Excellent School! My daughter started Pearblossom Private School before she was 1. They taught her to read at 6-months old. Today my daughter is 10-years old and in High School with them and she attends college at the same time and it's all to do from the wonderful program of Pearblossom Private School.

Posted March 13, 2007
We are totally thrilled with Pearblossom Private School! Both of our daughters were homeschooled using PPS for junior and senior high. They graduated at 15 and 16 years of age and were quickly accepted by local colleges. They are both pre-nursing students with GPA's of 3.7 and 3.9. Much of their success is directly due to the Pearblossom method of learning and testing.

Pearblossom Private School, Inc.
13134 East Avenue V 13, Pearblossom, CA  93553
Last modified Pearblossom Private School, Inc. is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Pearblossom Private School, Inc. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top