Public charter
Perris, CA

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted October 27, 2009
I have to say that Choice 2000 is an excellent option for my family. My two high school kids had issues with bullying at school, so we decided that schooling at home was a better option for our family. Choice 2000 has an ASB with monthly activities, so my kids have the option to participate in those activities, while still feeling safe from bullying. They have daily live instruction, so we do not feel they are missing out on a real education. We love Choice 2000. The teachers, administrators, and office staff are friendly. They truly care about kids.

Choice 2000 On-Line School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
i like choice 2000 its cool but i feel like im stuck in the house all day since i dont get to see my friends anymore.its a good school but i want that freedom where i am able to go out with my friends and still be home schooled over all this school is great the teacher really help .

Posted December 06, 2007
I think this is an excellent alternative to being a high school. The teachers work with the students for them to get the concepts being taught. Their art classes are phenominal, they teach the students to be creative and let the students use their imagination to the full potential. My child is not be sterotyped by the way she dresses or who she hangs out with. She is being assessed by her work and participation. I think she has learn alot more this way then she ever could in a public school atmosphere. This is a very fast pace school and the student has to be motivated to get the work done. My daughter gets great support from the teachers and staff at Choice 2000, where at her tradition high school the staff and teachers gave little to no support.

Choice 2000 On-Line School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
I am so happy we found Choice 2000. My son's grades were spiraling down in traditional high school, he could not get any help from teachers and counselors. At choice he was able to bring up all his grades within weeks! He was easily distracted in the classroom, this on line school solved that problem. This school has been a lifesaver, however it does take discipline. I feel he is getting a much better education with individualized help from teachers at Choice. A new bonus, they now have a trimester schedule so credit recovery is possible! But beware to stay on top of work as the schedule is fast paced. Overall I highly recommend Choice 2000!

Posted May 30, 2004
I have to say that Choice 2000 is an excellent school for most kids, but they have to be self motivated and have parental involvement. Without these two elements it is hard to succeed in any school. My son will graduate June 7, 2004 as Valedictorian and has maintained a 4.0 at Choice for the last 2 years, he is 14 years old. All his teachers have been caring and concerned for all of their students. This year Dr. Cartwright came to Choice and has made a huge difference in the program and I as a parent would not have sent my child to any other school but Choice because for a student like mine he needed a place to learn that was free from bullies, peer problems and a place to feel safe while excelling in what he does best, which is learning. Thank You Choice 2000, Sincerely, Sandi Uhrig

Choice 2000 On-Line School 4

Posted September 12, 2003
My daughter has excelled in this school. She started with Choice 2000 towards the end of 8th grade with an entering GPA of .86 and has carried a 3.3 for the last 2 years with Choice 2000. She will now be graduating June 2004 a full year ahead of schedule. This school was truly a Godsend. The office staff have been wonderful and very supportive as have the majority of the teachers. Whenever my daughter or I have emailed teachers they have always been quick to respond and have been very helpful. I have also been able to watch her grades and performance more closely then with the regular public school and she does not have to put up with the drug use and lack of morals at our public schools.

Posted September 11, 2003
This school is great, I can easily check grades and what the homework is every week. The teachers are extremely nice and work with you along with the staff. I am graduating early even. I came out of my old school a flunky and I am now getting a B average all year long. This school is hard, yes, but it is worth the effort. You must, though, have a drive in yourself and are able to do school yourself without consistant monitering. But if you put your all into it you will succeed at this school. Choice rocks!

Choice 2000 On-Line School 2

Posted August 07, 2003
Unfortunately, I have to mirror the negative comments. Although each student will have different experiences, I found that the teachers were very difficult to communicate with and rarely answered my e-mails. When I challenged their assignments, they either ignored me or became upset. As a teacher myself, I was surprised at the low level of professionalism that was shown by many of my son's teachers. The system was not user friendly at all and it was very difficult trying to get my son used to working with an at-home on-line system without my constantly monitoring how he was doing. Also, this system is not good if your child is not an aggressive student.

Choice 2000 On-Line School 1

Posted August 06, 2003
My daughter's experience with this school was horrible. I wasn't able to be as involved in this program as needed, it's not a school that works without the parent's involvement. The other problem with the school is most of the courses they put my daughter in were supposed to be high school level, however, they weren't - they used the same books she used in Jr High. Also the used the same novel for 3 of her English classes, this doesn't make much sense, it would lead to boredom and laziness, teaching the same plot, characters, etc... over and over and over... Also, the teachers were late often, sometimes never showed up, no substitutes were arranged, very poorly ran school. One other problem was some of the teachers spoke English poorly or had such thick accents that it was very hard to tell what they were saying. I overheard one of my daughter's teachers several times and I was shocked at how poorly she communicated. I had no idea what she was saying! The school should understand that sending voice over the internet degrades it a bit and that if the voice isn't clear to begin with - it's definitely not going to be clear at the student's computer. I can see how it might be a good school if the student had a really good computer, good ISP, stay at home parent with no other children to watch who could stay in the room and make sure the kid was actually paying attention, a lot of self control, etc... and was a total overall great student. However, they offer this program to kids who have proven they have problems with school and NEED to have more school involvement and don't warn the parents what could happen. Also, since there is no day to day interaction with real people, kids miss out on a lot of things real high schools have, like dances, football games, friends, real Physical Education (my daughter's PE involved signing a form saying she had done some type of activity, she then signed her name and then mine (found this out later to - I would only sign if she did the exercise, she didn't do it)). This school is only good for very mature kids who work well by themselves. It was a horrible experience for my daughter and the rest of the family. My daughter is now behind 2 years in school, she started out only 1 year behind. I think the school needs to work a lot on becoming more organized, hire better teachers and come up with a better way to contact parents when there are problems.

Choice 2000 On-Line School
755 North A Street, Perris, CA  92570
Last modified Choice 2000 On-Line School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Choice 2000 On-Line School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top