Port Hueneme, CA

Hueneme Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2014
The staff is rude in the front office. They are even meaner to the students when parents are not around! I am glad I moved my kids from there. I wish I did it sooner. Some of the teachers are clueless and can't control their classroom. Other's are mean and should not be working with kids.

Hueneme Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
Worst experience ever. My Kindergartener only lasted half the year before I pulled him. Teacher was mean and unfeeling. The only field trip he ever went on was to the police station where he told me they put them in a jail cell and took a picture. Totally innapropriate for a kindergarten field trip!!!!! Principal seems clueless to what her staff is really like and the old lady running the front office is RUDE. I expect ' May I help you' when I walk in not 'What do you want.' Don't waste your time here. I won't even get into the academics, just look up the scores for this school and that should tell you something.

Hueneme Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2012
This school is horrible. The parents and kids barely speak English. The office staff is rude and always assumes you know spanish so they never speak English unless spoken to first. My son went to kindergarten here and it was the worst. I'm glad we were able to transfer to a school this year under the no child left behind act. I taught my son everything he needed to know to pass into 1st grade. The language in the United States is English so why is this school catering to kids who speak spanish? If they don't know the language, then they need to make sure they can get some classes in it before starting school. It doesn't help when the parents refuse to learn English. All handouts are in spanish. They even have teachers that know spanish and will speak to the parents in spanish. How is this educating our children if the adults won't speak English? Most schools in the area are the same way.

Posted February 12, 2012
My nieces, nephews, children and friends children have been attending this school through generations. Teachers are excellent, attentive and truly give 110% throughout the years. Kids that attend have not been unruly or ghetto (excuse the term). Just kids. Assortment of different races personalities and open minds. Came in with intra-district transfer. Wouldn't recommend any other.

Posted January 01, 2011
I have mixed reviews about this school. I grew up in Hueneme, even went here myself as a child. As a parent, I really don't like the district in general. The school itself is what you make of it. The so-called GATE program leaves much to be desired and I agree with some of the other reviews about the attention being paid to the non-English speaking students. It's that way district wide though, so what can you expect? The principal and most of the teachers are really fantastic, if you stay in touch with them about your child's needs. Overall, it's one of the best in the district but be prepared to put in a lot of time that the school does not provide.

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted January 18, 2009

Posted September 19, 2008
My two boys went to this school for the last three years. And yes they did have plenty of homework, dress code, but that should be a good thing. Right know we live in Daytona Beach FL. and my youngest doesn't bring any homework home. I had to buy my kids Activity books to do at home. We miss Hueneme elem. very much and all the teachers. Especially the A.R. reading program which the current school my kids go to don't have.

Posted January 03, 2008
As a parent, be prepared to spend a lot of time helping your child with their homework. The school is very picky about dress code and appearance. No boys with long hair or dirty clothes.

Hueneme Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2007
My daughter has attended this school from k-5th. She has excelled in many of her subjects, especially math. Parent involvement is the key! Teachers can not be expected to do it all! I have been very happy with the safe, friendly environment this school provides. They have a no-tolerance policy for bullying and it shows. Mrs. Robertson gives positive a lot of positive input to the kids and rewards good graces, reading scores and participation.

Hueneme Elementary School
354 North Third Street, Port Hueneme, CA  93041
Last modified Hueneme Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hueneme Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top