K
Poway, CA

Posted August 19, 2013
We love Discovery Isle Poway, my son has been going there for over an year. The teachers are very friendly and take very good care of the kids while helping them become independent at the same time. They are always open for suggestions and also follow the good ones. The breakfast and snacks offered are very healthy. The administrative staff is always very keen to answer questions and offer help if required. The school facility is very clean and has nice playgrounds. My son looks foward to going to school every day and talks a lot about fun they have at school. I really like their hands-on approach for various activities like how plants grow, color mixing, playing with magnets and many others.

Discovery Isle Child Development Center 2

Posted October 10, 2012
After my son came home with a dirty diaper (#2) for the third time in two weeks, and a good case of diaper rash from it, I decided to look for child care else ware. The staff seem nice (except for one lady who always seemed to have an attitude or having a bad day) but I just didn't feel like my son was being given the care and attention that I was paying for. He will be starting at Montessori next month.

Posted February 23, 2011
The teacher are wonderful and spend lots of time with each child. They also know each child and parent by name. I find this is telling as they have about 300 children.

Discovery Isle Child Development Center 0

Posted August 06, 2009
Both my sons went to this school. Most of the teachers are great and love kids, there are 2 teachers that are not that great and everyone knows who they are, why the school keeps them is a question. The kids learn alot and play alot too. My boys loved the school. However, the teacher/child ratio for the 2 years old is way to high in my openion, 24 kids with 2 teachers, that's why I;m taking my younger son out to a school where the ration is 2 teachers for 12 kids. The playground is great from the 4-5 year olds, not so safe for the little ones. Over all we had a good experiance at this school. One more thing- the snacks are not very health- lots of crackers and cookies.

Posted June 14, 2008
This is an excellent private school for your child. Very structured which I like and my kid needs to have. They do have nap times which is good because they play outside 3 times a day and are constantly singing, dancing, just overall playing they need that down time. My son is 2 and they're teaching Spanish, which was an A+ in my book. At first when my son started attending they were demoting/hiring/mvoing around different teachers. But I feel they were doing it in the best interest of the children because afterwards I really liked the head teachers they had chosen. I feel like in this school the child definatly comes first and I love that.

Posted May 06, 2008
I liked this school the best in my area for my 2 year old boy. I visited several ones before deciding on Discovery Isle. This was the cleanest that I found. The kids are always happy when I go to drop and pick up my son. They do not look distressed or sad like I have seen in other schools. They go outside to play 3 times a day. Excellent playground options. And lots of creative activities inside the class. The only thing I noticed is that a couple of teaches are not very warming! It seems that they are too worried about following schedule and academic program. 2 years old are still very dependent and still loves to be cuddled.

Discovery Isle Child Development Center 3

Posted October 25, 2005
I agree with the napping. My son did not need to nap but was forced to lay down for over 2 hours. Pretty much a waste of time and money. Teacher turnover rate was high. Loved the internet viewing though.

Posted September 07, 2005
I like this school very much. Teachers are so good and kid friendly.

Posted September 07, 2005
I really like this school. Teachers are so good. My kid is really happy there.

Posted August 14, 2005

Discovery Isle Child Development Center
11740 Creek Road, Poway, CA  92064
Last modified Discovery Isle Child Development Center is a Private school that serves grade K
Discovery Isle Child Development Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top