Bad
Good

Posted June 04, 2015
The teachers and staff at Discovery Isle are amazing! My daughter has learned so much since she atarted attending DI. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality pre-school.

Posted May 12, 2015
My daughter starting attending this Discovery Isle when she was 6 months old and has been attending for about 7 months now. She has grown to love her teachers and her classroom, and sometimes does not even want to come home at the end of the day. I am impressed with the things she has learned, including some basic signs for "milk" and "all done", which makes communication with my daughter much easier at home. The tuition is quite high, but I think the attention she gets and the learning activities they do make it all worth it.

Posted May 12, 2015
We have been thoroughly satisfied with our experience at Discovery Isle. In touring preschools in the area, this was by far the cleanest, most organized, and had a strong curriculum. As a credentialed teacher and a mother, what I love the most is their balance between caring, fun, social experiences, and academics. My son is happy each day, loves school, and is so engaged by the hands-on learning. He is very prepared for Kinder, and does math, reading, and writing on his own at home. The staff are loving like a family, and I drop my son off each morning knowing he's in good hands!

Discovery Isle 1

Posted October 14, 2014
Hopefully this school gets new leadership and improves. We had many terrible experiences with the school and are glad that we pulled our child out early. I feel sorry for the great teachers who seem stuck in that place (there are a few) and sorry for the kids who get stuck with the revolving door of teachers.

Discovery Isle 2

Posted September 23, 2014
High teacher turnover rate (not a good sign for a private school overall). Some of the teachers do not speak English fluently. Looking to switch my child to another preschool (most likely a Monntessori school).

Discovery Isle 1

Posted November 08, 2012
When my child attended this school I witnessed inappropriate behavior by some of the teachers that made me very uncomfortable. I would caution anyone considering this school to do their research before enrolling.

Posted November 03, 2012
My children have been coming here since it was Teddy Bear Treehouse and we love it! They come home happy everyday and love to come to school! Not only are they learning, but they are having fun while doing it.

Discovery Isle 4

Posted June 24, 2010
I have had two children attend this school and I'm very pleased. Are you looking for a private kindergarten because your child misses the cut off of Dec. 2nd or think they are not ready. Well this K program with Mr. Moulder is wonderful. It is a great stepping stone for the kids who will be attending public K or 1st the following year. My son had confidence because he could read and write as he entered the public school . I was not about to have him repeat Pre K so I'm glad we choose this private kindergarten . My daughter will do the same starting in July. Plus, before & after care is included in the tuition.

Posted July 21, 2009
Both of my children are at this school in the infant and pre-K classroom and have been there for many years. I have been happy since day one! Low teacher turnover rate and great stafff!

Posted August 28, 2008
This school is fantastic! The teachers are highly qualified and the program is the best there is in the area. My child is currently in their private Kindergarten program and he is testing at a First Grade level already!

14521 Ted Williams Parkway, Poway, CA  92064