Posted March 11, 2015
St. John Fisher is a FANTASTIC school! I am so happy to have my kids there. The academics are rigorous, the extracurriculars ample, and the athletics are competitive. Most of all, having my kids in a safe, warm, family atmosphere that is super nourishing and attentive gives me great peace of mind. St. john Fisher gets 5 stars hands down.

Posted March 10, 2015
I can't say enough wonderful things about St. John Fisher. We moved my son last year from another Catholic School in the area and have been nothing but pleased with the principal, the staff and the teachers! Mrs. Hudani is one of the most hands-on principals I have ever met. I, too, am a teacher, so I have seen many principals in my lifetime. She is caring, nurturing, and has an open-door policy with the kids during school. If there is a problem, she is there to help solve it! Her presence is known and the kids feel comfortable with her! The staff is just so welcoming! I love having to go to the office! Joanne and Diane are so upbeat and happy. Even if you have a simple question or request they are all smiles! The teachers care about every student and they actually care about one another!!!! They are polite and kind and respectful of one another and of the students in each class! When I drop off my son to school, he is all smiles; and when I pick him up it is the same!!! My family feels so blessed to have found a school that promotes moral values as well as provides an excellent education. We have a lot of great schools on the hill, but my #1 choice is SJF all the way!!!

Posted March 10, 2015
After attending SJF for grades K-8 our daughter was well prepared for public high school. She had many opportunities to develop leadership and public speaking skills which she has already put to use at the high school as a member of Associated Student Council. She is seen as a difference maker, as someone who gives back to her community and enjoys her life as a student athlete. I highly recommend this school to parents looking for an affordable private school option with advanced academics.

Posted March 10, 2015
St. John Fisher is a terrific school. My daughter is a Freshman and after attending SJF for grades K-8 was well prepared in all subjects and is a leader at her high school for the student body. They offer many enrichment programs you don't see in other private or public schools like Science Buddies and Family groups which encourages children to interact with all grades, develop their leadership skills, speak in public which are useful skills in high school and in college. I have read some recent reviews and am shocked to read that parents believe bullying is encouraged, we have never experienced bullying of any kind and feel that the teachers and principal Mrs. Hudani would always address and discipline this type of behavior.

Posted March 10, 2015
This is our 8th year at SJF. Our son literally grew up here from a very shy 7 year-old boy, SJF has nurtured him to be the confident, God-loving, knowledge-seeking, creative-thinking young man he is today. He had just been accepted to three highly- coveted high schools with very rigorous admissions standards. Students have consistently scored high in standardized tests in Reading, Language and Math: the 5th through 8th Graders composite cores are usually 3 to 4 years above their grade levels! This current year alone, the eighth grade scores are among the top ten percent in the nation once again. The 8th grade students are performing at a grade level of 11 and above. My family has nothing but great experience at SJF. Of course there are days when my son wants to pull his hair out because of the rigorous requirements by hey, that s how he got to be where he is and that experience is going to take him to more successes.

Posted March 10, 2015
We looked all over the South Bay for the best school for our one and only child -- that was 9 years ago. We have no regret whatsoever for choosing SJF. Small classroom, warm, caring family-like atmosphere where students feel safe, secure, and comfortable. They are taught to care for one another within and outside the classroom. One of my favorite programs is the Family Groups where each group consists of a student from each grade. The groups stay intact through their life at SJF they pray, do service projects together, have fun together. It is so amazing to see how each child progresses through the years, at first being the one cared for by the older kids growing into the role of loving leaders within the group. Another favorite is the Science Buddy where an 8th Grader partners with a 1st Grader in exploring science. One can only marvel at how the little ones look up to the older kids as they share their love of science.

St. John Fisher Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
We will not be returning to this school next year. Many reasons for this that we will not post Main reason is that most teachers lack credentials. Bullying is a big problem here for kids and parents. Children are ill prepared socially, emotionally, and academically for high school. Lower level is ok (k-3 is very good) Middle school is lacking. Previous reviews have been removed so I will not go into details.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 01, 2015
I would like to refute the pervious posting, on Jan. 31st 2015. My children have been at St John Fisher school for six years. During this time, they have experienced nothing but a loving and supportive community. Mrs. Hudani is willing to go above and beyond for the children and for her staff. The academics have been consistently high and the principles of the PV public high schools praise the graduates of St John Fisher School. Spanish is taught once a week, not once a month by a parent who is also a credentialed teacher-I know this because I asked! The staff is well qualified and experienced. I leave my children at school everyday knowing that they are going to be safe and taken care of, not just academically but also spiritually-which are the three most important things for me. Overall, I recommend this school for families who want their children to grow as well-rounded individuals ready for high school!

St. John Fisher Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
Bullies are celebrated at this school. As long as you donate to the school and the church, your actions do not matter. This is a very small school so i tis difficult for nice kids to find a group of friends. Academics are subpar, most teachers do not have credentials. Also, they claim to be a Blue Ribbon school. In order to be Blue Ribbon they have to offer a language. They get by this rule by having a parent teach Spanish 1x a month.... Many things about this school I find to be unethical.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
I hear parents say that St. John Fisher is a hidden "jewel." Why do people feel that way? When you arrive on campus you are greeted by responsible middle school students. These students hold themselves with confidence and poise. It is such a refreshing environment. Campus life begins the moment every class gathers in the courtyard to pray. All I can say is "breathtaking!" To see the respect and reverence the children have is something else. The kids are dressed in uniform looking just as you would want a kid to look. The student council is a bright and exciting bunch who lead the morning activities. It is so happy and spirited! Academic excellence is here! Imagine having your 7th grader score as a 12+ grader for their overall standardized test score. That is the "WOW" factor this school offers. Teachers and staff can be proud of all that they do for our kids. The sports teams, spirit squad, choir and drama programs are top notch! It is obvious from the start that something special is happening at this school and we are so blessed and grateful to be a part of it.

St. John Fisher Elementary School
5446 Crest Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA  90275
Last modified St. John Fisher Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. John Fisher Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top