PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My son is starting his second year at SJES. Both he and I are loving it! I wish I had known of the school earlier so my older kids could have attended. The small classroom size, caring teachers, and small town/family atmosphere are phenomenal. There are teachers specifically for the enrichment rotations of Science, Spanish, Art, Music, and Computers/Technology. There are even 2 levels of math classes for the grade for those more advance than others. It's a whole different experience from public school aside from the class size being half that of the public system. My son went to school sad one day last year. Within 30 min. after drop off, Mrs. Kemmerle texted me to see if there was something wrong as she noticed my son might've been crying. The teachers there care and take the time to do something about it! The curriculum is top notch too. It was great that 3rd graders made a business model and marketing plan for the product of their making. They had a business owner come to the classroom and speak to the kids. To complete the package, the changes the new Principal has brought are tremendous! There are STEAM events weekly in the classroom with a new STEAM building in 2016! As for the touchy subject of cost, it's not the cheapest private school. This is one of those "you get what you pay for" scenarios. You get a beautiful school setting, real grass, real buildings, high quality teachers, low teacher to student ratio with a family atmosphere. Other families who came from other private schools tell me this is hands over fist better than their previous school. It's worth the money.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The enrichment classes (Science, Art, Music, Spanish and Computers) all have dedicated teachers which means they're more knowledgable in that topic that the normal classroom teacher. This increases effectiveness in teaching the various topics.

Amount of homework: Agree

My elementary aged son comes home with a little homework every day but doesn't need an hour or more to do it. I feel this is appropriate for his grade level.

My kids have been attending St. John's for six years. We have had an excellent experience every year with their teachers, staff, and administration. The curriculum is rigorous and exciting. My children are always excited to go to school and the teacher/parent communication is outstanding. My children are in good hands at Saint John's and our family feels very fortunate to go to such a wonderful school.

I have had the pleasure of witnessing my granddaughter flourish over the past year at St. John's School. Once rather shy, she is now outgoing and loves to share her school day activities. Her confidence, I believe, is due to the amazing teaching staff for all her academic and enrichment classes. Smaller class sizes guarantee more individualized attention which has also aided in her confidence building.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All students are given the gift of having outstanding teachers at all grade levels, not to mention the enrichment teachers! Low class size and teacher's aides make class time quality time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. John's emphasizes character building and community outreach which means my granddaughter will be a more well rounded, giving and caring child. Another precious gift this school is giving our children and our community. I feel very fortunate to have found this gem of a school.

St. John's has been such a wonderful place for not only our children, but for myself and my husband, too. There is such a strong sense of community where our children feel so special and cared for. The teachers are phenomenal, as are the enrichment offerings and extra-curricular activities. We are so happy with this school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers from this school have brought us meals when we have been sick, taken my oldest child out for ice cream over the summer in an effort to keep her occupied while we had a newborn. We were recently in a car accident and member of the administration saw our accident and called and sent well wishes. One teacher even drove us to the hospital and picked us up because our car was not drivable.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework load is just right. They regularly have "Family NIght" where students are not assigned homework in order to have some family time.

Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8