Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

St. John's Episcopal School 1

Posted August 27, 2015
The 5th grade programs were especially worth mentioning because they were so amazing!(excluding math as math is weak in every grade.) Then came middle school. We had nothing but problems with middle school. While most every teacher in middle school was nice (excluding English), my children were not prepared at all in math or any other subject for that matter in the middle school excluding History with Mrs. Corbett which was the highlight of my kids year. This year because of a lousy administration in middle school and poor academics we had to move. Also the STEAM program is not good and they have spent so much money on it your jaw would drop. Again, AMAZINGLY CLEAN campus and mostly nice teachers. But, mean kids, STEAM, bad math, bad administration, favoritism to parents who donate, and a school where money decides everything. Do your homework. Go to Serra

Posted May 06, 2015
We have had our children at St. John's for 3 years, and see the results everyday of the depth of character development plus the breadth of the 21st century job-related curriculum. If I were a parent deciding on a school (Pre-K through middle), here are the questions I would ask myself: - Do I believe in the curriculum? (Most other local public and private/religious schools are Common Core-based. St. John's is STEAM-based.) - How important is class size, one of the biggest predictors of school success? (St. John's has optimal student/teacher ratios without the need for continuous movement or "pull-outs.") - Could I, as a parent, participate in my children's learning and school experience? (Parents are welcome on campus and treated as part of the St. John's family.) St. John's is truly incomparable in South Orange County for innovative curriculum, character development, and value.

St. John's Episcopal School 4

Posted April 16, 2015
I have been a St. John's parent for 9 years with 3 children enrolled at SJES and we LOVE it! Some things that set St. John's apart from the rest of the schools are the fantastic teachers, small class sizes and the STEAM curriculum. SJES has AMAZING teachers! Every teacher we have had over the years has such a passion for their craft and their students. They go above and beyond to make learning fun. One teacher actually brought soup and ice cream to our home after school one day after hearing that our whole family was sick. The small class sizes plays a HUGE role in our returning to SJES every year. The classes are small enough to offer individualized attention yet large enough to offer different socialization opportunities. The new implementation of the STEAM program has really changed the attitude my children have toward learning. My kiddos and I both love the hands on approach STEAM offers and has really engaged them in their learning. My kids wake up daily excited to attend school. If you are looking for a great school, SJES is definitely worth a look. We could not be happier that we chose SJES as the school for our kiddos years ago and look forward to many more years here.

Posted April 16, 2015
We've been at this school for 5 years now and have had the best experience. We have 2 children here and can't imagine being anywhere else! I believe we have the best teachers and our children are given such an exceptional education. I love being a part of the school & the community and am so happy we chose St. John's for our girls education! We are looking forward to many more years here!

Posted April 16, 2015
I have two children @ this school, one in Third and one in Kinder. We have been @ St. John's for over 4 years and call this " Our Second Home"! We briefly left for Texas for 5 months to attend a public school and I was so glad we had the opportunity to attend another school so we could really see how blessed we were @ St.Johns and how we missed the community and teachers. First and foremost I believe we have thee best teachers. They are smart, compassionate, they love teaching and truly care about each and every student present and past. I am very impressed with their new Steam a Program which allows our children to work together as a team but to also grow as an individual. My kids are extremely happy @ St.Johns, they love going to school every morning and I couldnt be happier with their teachers. Each and every teacher has a unique approach to teaching and is usually paired with the right students for them. The class sizes are perfect, not too large where the teacher is overwhelmed and every student gets the attention they need. Every morning I tell my babies to Listen, Learn and Have Fun... And that's just what they do @ St.Johns.

Posted April 16, 2015
We have been a St. John's family for 6 years and could not be happier with the education our 3 children are receiving here. I have the unique experience of having a currently enrolled child in preschool, elementary and middle school! St. John's is a second home to us where our children are cared for by the best teachers and staff we could ever ask for. They go above and beyond to meet the needs of our family. With the recent integration of the STEAM program my children are more excited than ever about what and how they are learning on a daily basis. The small teacher to student ratio and all of the courses that are offered beyond the core classes sets this school apart from many others. We are so happy with our choice and so are our children!

Posted April 15, 2015
St John's has maintained its focus on each child as an individual and on developing the growth and education of the whole child while implementing an innovative new program based on STEAM principles. My children are happy to go to school and excited about the way they are being taught. I love the sense of community among the families and count many of the parents as my closest friends. I am happy to send my children to an independent school, so that the teachers and senior administrators are in charge of what and how they are educated, and appreciative that tuition is on the low end of independent schools. Strongly recommend!

Posted April 15, 2015
We started at this school many years ago and I've had the very best experience. I now have 3 of my children at this school and it has only gotten better with each year. The kids are given such an outstanding education and are provided with amazing opportunities to shine academically, athletically, and philanthropically as well. I am so very thankful for the care and support we receive as a family at the school. I feel very connected to the school and have been able to feel a great sense of community amongst the faculty and other parents. I am extremely happy I made the decision to send my first born to this school and now the other two kids have been to follow suit and also reap the benefits of such a fantastic environment.

Posted April 15, 2015
Worth Every Penny! Both my kids transitioned seamlessly from public school and are excelling socially and academically. I am thankful for the staff at St. John's and for the extended family that we have become a part of.

Posted April 15, 2015
This is our second year at St. John's and we could not be happier! It is such a great feeling to drop off my son every morning knowing that he loves his school, teachers and classmates! The level of education is excellent. The atmosphere is amazing- ethics and values are stressed in conjunction with an exceptional academic curriculum that sets it apart from the rest.

St. John's Episcopal School
30382 Via Con Dios, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top