Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Before care: Yes

St. John's Episcopal School 2

Posted September 13, 2014
We have been in St. John's for 9 years and in the first 5 yours it was really good. There was a sense of family, we believed we had real friend and everyone was included in park days, moms night out and so on. The children loved going to school because their friends were there. Now, or let's say, in the past 4 years or so it has been sad to see what the schools turned out to be. Some of the teachers are nice, but some are just bullies. They find problems where there's no problem. Just the fact that the kid is a BOY is a huge deal. Let's medicate. This is the philosophy that had been at St. John's for many years. The worse is that the school now is simply attracting small minded people with little or no value in life apart from their expensive lifestyle. It's so sad to see the school go that direction, but if no one wake up and start getting normal people in, I don't give that school more than 5 years before is shuts it's doors. I love the ladies at the administration at St. John's. The front dear is great and most of the office workers too. But they need a principal who's more of a peoples person and a less greedy board wanting to only get millionaires into the school.

Posted May 02, 2014
I currently have three children enrolled at St. John's in both the Early Childhood Center and Elementary School Levels. We have been at this school for 6 years and couldn't be happier. My children love St. John's and all of the teachers and staff there. It is our second home and family. As a working mother, I could not have asked for a more warm and nurturing environment for my children when they were babies and the continued caring they have received as they have grown older. The curriculum is excellent and enriched with exciting and fun lessons. My oldest daughter is so enthusiastic every day about what she learned that day. And the character driven spirit of the school is my favorite part. St. John's is helping me to raise good, moral, and kind children.

Posted April 04, 2014
Similar to the reviewer below, I have had a poor experience at St John's too. They are keen to point out problems but never present solutions. I feel the school needs to be better prepared for the children's needs. I would rate this school as a zero.

Posted March 25, 2014
I have had a really poor experience with St. John's. We've got 2 children there, pay a pretty good amount in tuition and donate pretty heavily too. Recently we were informed that one child is "developmentally delayed" and was asked not to return to the school while the other child is able to return. What? To further the confusion, in speaking with others about this problem, it seems to be a common theme at the school. It happens all the time. Upon SJES' "diagnosis" of my child, we had this "delayed" child professionally tested by a psychologist qualified in child development. Their results suggest that this child is in fact ahead in development on many levels. All results are given using a scaled instrument -- meaning low scores indicate low development and higher scores indicate greater development. My child's scored high on many levels or average on the rest. Nothing to indicate developmental delays. hmmmm. The school is highly unprepared to find solutions, but rather identify poorly assessed "problems." Further more, upon asking about teacher qualification, many are unqualified to teach, which shows in their inability to work with children.

Posted January 27, 2014
We have three children currently enrolled at Saint Johns Episcopal School. As a parent that has put an older sibling through the local public school system and now having the experience of Saint Johns it is such a huge difference. The small class size environment along with a teachers aide allows the students every opportunity to learn stress free and be challenged. We are aware of some previous reorganization in the staff and facility and have found the school under stronger and more focused leadership as a result. Parents are encouraged to visit and assist at the school as needed for group projects and other volunteer opportunities including having lunch with your student. You will get out of your school experience what you are willing to put into it. There is a very strong sense of community at this school. Yes their is a cost to put your children in a private school and that will be a personal decision for each family. We love this school and the opportunities that it offers to our family and would encourage anyone considering private schools in the area to consider Saint Johns Episcopal School.

St. John's Episcopal School 4

Posted August 19, 2013
St. John's is one of the best decisions we have made for our family! We love the small class sizes, individual attention, warm & welcoming community & wonderful facilities! Transferring from our local public school the differences in the learning environments could not be more obvious. Our kids are constantly challenged, encouraged & thoroughly supported by their teachers, peers & the school's administration. I did not give St. John's five stars because there is still room for improvement in the areas of Foreign Language & Music. However, these programs surpass what they were getting in public school. We have been very happy at St. John's & highly recommend the school!

Posted August 08, 2013
I have 3children enrolled at SJES, one in elementary and two in the preschool. We have been SJES parents for 8 years and would not go anywhere else. The school has been wonderful in teaching our children the academics required to be successful, but also building their character. My oldest child has been diagnosed with 2 learning disabilities and the although mild, the school has been wonderful in making accommodations for her.

Posted August 07, 2013
Our family has been extremely happy at St John's Episcopal School. We transferred our girls from public two years ago and couldn't be happier. Both girls have different learning styles and all the teachers, staff and administration go out of their way to make sure my girls are receiving THE BEST education possible. The small class size was the main reason we switched schools and after two days of being at the school we wished we had came to St John's sooner.

Posted August 06, 2013
We have 3 boys who attend St. John's Episcopal School. Two in Elementary School and 1 in Middle School. SJES is truly one in a million. In an age when raising young people to be not only intelligent but also thoughtful, inquisitive, kind and honorable can be challenging, SJES makes it easy. We feel very fortunate to have our boys in this school.

Posted June 18, 2013
What is going on over there?!?! Not only have they released teachers and staff in a mass firing since the beginning of the year, but the outrageous tuition has forced me to remove my child from this institution immediately! I want my child to be surrounded by a school who has distinct leadership and a thorough staff. The administration is a joke and I can't believe I paid for so long for these people to misdirect my child's education.

St. John's Episcopal School
30382 Via Con Dios, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688
Last modified St. John's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top