Red Bluff, CA

Posted January 14, 2014
I am an 8th grade student at Vista Preperatory Academy. I was enrolled in Vista the last year the mascot was Vikings, and this year when they changed the school. Last year, the school was horrible. Nothing was clean, everything wasn't working properly. But it was still a great school. We had class periods like any other middle school, and it was a fun environment for students. Over the summer the district decided to change the school for the better. They changed the mascot, the colors, the paint on the buildings, and how the system is runned. Now instead of class periods, we have 'houses.' Each 'house' is made up of one 6th, 7th, and 8th grade class. You have one teacher all day long, and it sets an easier learning environment. Students get along, and though they have had to cut some extra curricular activities to afford it. It has made the school a better place.

Vista Preparatory Academy 1

Posted September 19, 2012
the school is basically broken down and there is trash everywhere it's nothing like a normal middle school and only has lockers for gym and it got 2 new principals in a row there is at least one fight a week and the teachers don't follow there own rules and tell the kids what to say when authority come in and asks what we are doing.you have an extremely fat gym teacher that barley lifts a finger the only good teacher there is Ms.Gardner. So all in all you need new staff ,to clean up, better principals and to be more strict to the teachers.

Vista Preparatory Academy 1

Posted September 18, 2012
Excellent teachers? Nope. All they do is complain about the students and how it's all their fault if they don't learn. Strong Principal? I don't know about the new principal, but the female principal last year had no backbone when it came to discipline and then wondered why there were so many problems. Challenging academic program? Not even a little. They've dumbed down the curriculum so much that few, if any, are actually being challenged. Vista could be a good school but the overall climate makes learning there a nightmare. I wish I had sent my child somewhere else.

Vista Preparatory Academy 3

Posted September 24, 2009
I thought it was a good school but it didnt do much with the kids and wasnt verry involved with the kids

Vista Preparatory Academy 3

Posted September 05, 2009

Vista Preparatory Academy 0

Posted October 29, 2008
I love the teacher's there .There do a GREAT job for me child. The only thing I wish is they had lockers for the students.Other than that I really love the school.

Posted May 30, 2008
I went to vista school my 7th and 8th grade year and i didnt really mind it. Yes it could have been much better but in the end Vista turned out to be my best school years.I dont know about now since my class graduated in 05 Vista has had different staff members. I expirienced and meet some of the greatest people i will forever remember! I guess my point is the only reason i liked vista was becuase i met great people and staff. But when it comes to 'work' it did slack in some areas. Other than that Vista is a great place exprience your middle school years.

Posted August 30, 2007

Vista Preparatory Academy 5

Posted June 19, 2007
im a student at vista, going into the 8th grade and i believe that mr.mccoy has really turned this school around this past year. going into the 8th grade i cant wait to see what he has in store this upcoming year. In the begging it was alittle rocky but in the end vista is becoming a great school.

Vista Preparatory Academy 2

Posted January 22, 2007

Vista Preparatory Academy
1770 South Jackson Street, Red Bluff, CA  96080
Last modified Vista Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top