Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

not all the teachers but a lot of them, like Ms. Shannon and Mr. Osborn. They are both incredible. they are great with the students and their teaching skills are very effective

I love and hate this school but my teacher has made this the best for me. The secretaries and nurse in the main office are rude but are good otherwise. But other than that I do love this school.

I am an 8th grade teacher at Vista Prep., finishing my third year working there. I love this school, the students, parents, my administration, and my peers. I think that your experience anywhere is what you make of it, whether it's school or a career. Vista is a canvas still being painted. Is it perfect? No, but what school is? I put my heart, soul, and brain into enhancing and integrating my curriculum, my connection with all of the students I have contact with, my communication with everyone, and in providing a safe, engaging, and positive classroom environment. The climatic and cultural changes that Mr. Scharaga and Mrs. Holland facilitated here the past 3-4 years have changed this campus from one of serious negative behaviors, to one of resounding respect, kindness, and support. I have followed their lead, doing what's right and best for our students, whether it's in the classroom, or out on our campus. Their "vision" matched mine, and I have been dedicated to the improvement and implementation of ideas that will enhance Vista even further. I am relentless in my pursuit of the best of everything for my students, spending nights, weekends, and vacation time researching, working, and writing my own materials to provide the best instruction for my 8th graders. There are others like me at Vista, too. I will be here until I retire, dedicating myself to the academic, social, and emotional betterment of our students. Teaching and being a memorable role model is my passion, and my reason for loving my career. It is the hardest, most stressful, yet best work I can imagine, and the most worthwhile in terms of the lasting effect I can have on a person's growth. I even commute from Chico every day, adding over an hour to my day in order to work here. I am blessed to do what I do, and I choose to do it at Vista Prep in Red Bluff.

The school is of abysmal quality compared to my last decent school. They offer awful lunch, which is overpriced as well, average snacks, and substandard breakfasts. The cafeteria, recently built, looks nice, but it's the only nice looking thing about the school. The grass is faded yellow, and trash is everywhere. The gym is average, and before the cafeteria was built, it was used as a cafeteria as well, along with (always dirty) outside tables. And this is just the quality of the school itself... not even the school part of it. The classrooms are divided into "houses" to "help get along with people older/younger than you", and you go to lunch and events with this group. Worse, you're stuck with the same kids all three years. Sixth grade, new kids, yaaay! Seventh grade, same kids, and maybe a few moved or new ones came. Eighth, ugh. Same kids, with minimal changes. No new opportunities to get new friends in new classrooms, and you hardly see any kids your age not in your house. I have a friend in a different house, and I only ever see him occasionally walking to the gym or library, at the Wednesday lunch break, or before/after school. Speaking of library, it doesn't even have many new books, mostly really old and uninteresting stuff. Wednesday is an odd day, we get out at 12:45 compared to the 2:47 of the other weekdays. Last year it used to be 2:45 all days except Monday, which was 12:45. I personally prefer Monday short days. The lunch is cramped up with more houses out than usual, and the line for lunch is longer - it doesn't shorten until 15 minutes before the break is over. The classroom is abysmal, and the kids I'm stuck with are insane. The classroom is never focused no matter what the teacher tries to stop the chaos - and she can't do much. I hate this school, and not for the learning part of it - oh no, I don't mind school work. I hate it because of the people there, and its abysmal quality. If you can, avoid it.

I am an 8th grade student at Vista Preperatory Academy. I was enrolled in Vista the last year the mascot was Vikings, and this year when they changed the school. Last year, the school was horrible. Nothing was clean, everything wasn't working properly. But it was still a great school. We had class periods like any other middle school, and it was a fun environment for students. Over the summer the district decided to change the school for the better. They changed the mascot, the colors, the paint on the buildings, and how the system is runned. Now instead of class periods, we have 'houses.' Each 'house' is made up of one 6th, 7th, and 8th grade class. You have one teacher all day long, and it sets an easier learning environment. Students get along, and though they have had to cut some extra curricular activities to afford it. It has made the school a better place.

the school is basically broken down and there is trash everywhere it's nothing like a normal middle school and only has lockers for gym and it got 2 new principals in a row there is at least one fight a week and the teachers don't follow there own rules and tell the kids what to say when authority come in and asks what we are doing.you have an extremely fat gym teacher that barley lifts a finger the only good teacher there is Ms.Gardner. So all in all you need new staff ,to clean up, better principals and to be more strict to the teachers.

Excellent teachers? Nope. All they do is complain about the students and how it's all their fault if they don't learn. Strong Principal? I don't know about the new principal, but the female principal last year had no backbone when it came to discipline and then wondered why there were so many problems. Challenging academic program? Not even a little. They've dumbed down the curriculum so much that few, if any, are actually being challenged. Vista could be a good school but the overall climate makes learning there a nightmare. I wish I had sent my child somewhere else.

I thought it was a good school but it didnt do much with the kids and wasnt verry involved with the kids

I love the teacher's there .There do a GREAT job for me child. The only thing I wish is they had lockers for the students.Other than that I really love the school.

I went to vista school my 7th and 8th grade year and i didnt really mind it. Yes it could have been much better but in the end Vista turned out to be my best school years.I dont know about now since my class graduated in 05 Vista has had different staff members. I expirienced and meet some of the greatest people i will forever remember! I guess my point is the only reason i liked vista was becuase i met great people and staff. But when it comes to 'work' it did slack in some areas. Other than that Vista is a great place exprience your middle school years.

Last modified Vista Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.