Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 24, 2016
This school cares about their students safety and their health. They take care of their students with love. The help to solve problems.

Posted May 24, 2016
I am very grateful for Chico state house. Every teacher in the house works very hard to keep their students safe and well educated. They have a very good system of working together, and are great at creating a bond with each student in their class.

Posted May 24, 2016
I want to say thank you to my teacher Ms. Shannon at this school! Before 8th grade I was failing, I didn't want to do my work, and I hated everyone and every thing in the school. I didn't want to listen and to be honest, I didn't care if I graduated or not this year, but then I came to her classroom and she showed me the good things about wanting to graduate. She showed me how to appreciate the finer things here and it really helped me to get over the fact that I didn't like this school. The graduating 8th grade class of 2016 was the the first test of guinnie pigs to try out having the 6th grade at a middle school, And I honestly think that we turned out okay. We are all graduating so I think our teachers did good. I love this school and I hate it sometimes but I know that i have had a great three years here thanks to my teacher Ms. Shannon. I love her so much she is caring, thoughtful, kind, and the best teacher in the world. I don't know what I would have done without her this year. She helped me get through being bullied and having a stressful time with the horrendous testing. I think that she is the best teacher I'm ever going to have in my whole life . I honestly just want to thank her over and over and over again. I know that i have given her a rough time sometimes in the year but I love her so much that i feel bad about it afterwords. I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you have done for me.

Posted May 24, 2016
I want to thank Ms. Shannon, She is one of the very few teachers who cared about me, and my well being. This has been my first year that I get good grades, because Ms. Shannon pushed me to do my very best, now I know I'll be ready for high school. I have had a wonderful 8th grade year.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 24, 2016
I don't think this school's office staff develops respect in it's student or its students parents. They often have a bad attitude and are very rude to parents and students asking simple questions.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 24, 2016
not all the teachers but a lot of them, like Ms. Shannon and Mr. Osborn. They are both incredible. they are great with the students and their teaching skills are very effective

Vista Preparatory Academy 3

Posted May 24, 2016
I love and hate this school but my teacher has made this the best for me. The secretaries and nurse in the main office are rude but are good otherwise. But other than that I do love this school.

Vista Preparatory Academy 5

Posted May 22, 2016
I am an 8th grade teacher at Vista Prep., finishing my third year working there. I love this school, the students, parents, my administration, and my peers. I think that your experience anywhere is what you make of it, whether it's school or a career. Vista is a canvas still being painted. Is it perfect? No, but what school is? I put my heart, soul, and brain into enhancing and integrating my curriculum, my connection with all of the students I have contact with, my communication with everyone, and in providing a safe, engaging, and positive classroom environment. The climatic and cultural changes that Mr. Scharaga and Mrs. Holland facilitated here the past 3-4 years have changed this campus from one of serious negative behaviors, to one of resounding respect, kindness, and support. I have followed their lead, doing what's right and best for our students, whether it's in the classroom, or out on our campus. Their "vision" matched mine, and I have been dedicated to the improvement and implementation of ideas that will enhance Vista even further. I am relentless in my pursuit of the best of everything for my students, spending nights, weekends, and vacation time researching, working, and writing my own materials to provide the best instruction for my 8th graders. There are others like me at Vista, too. I will be here until I retire, dedicating myself to the academic, social, and emotional betterment of our students. Teaching and being a memorable role model is my passion, and my reason for loving my career. It is the hardest, most stressful, yet best work I can imagine, and the most worthwhile in terms of the lasting effect I can have on a person's growth. I even commute from Chico every day, adding over an hour to my day in order to work here. I am blessed to do what I do, and I choose to do it at Vista Prep in Red Bluff.

Vista Preparatory Academy 1

Posted November 20, 2015
The school is of abysmal quality compared to my last decent school. They offer awful lunch, which is overpriced as well, average snacks, and substandard breakfasts. The cafeteria, recently built, looks nice, but it's the only nice looking thing about the school. The grass is faded yellow, and trash is everywhere. The gym is average, and before the cafeteria was built, it was used as a cafeteria as well, along with (always dirty) outside tables. And this is just the quality of the school itself... not even the school part of it. The classrooms are divided into "houses" to "help get along with people older/younger than you", and you go to lunch and events with this group. Worse, you're stuck with the same kids all three years. Sixth grade, new kids, yaaay! Seventh grade, same kids, and maybe a few moved or new ones came. Eighth, ugh. Same kids, with minimal changes. No new opportunities to get new friends in new classrooms, and you hardly see any kids your age not in your house. I have a friend in a different house, and I only ever see him occasionally walking to the gym or library, at the Wednesday lunch break, or before/after school. Speaking of library, it doesn't even have many new books, mostly really old and uninteresting stuff. Wednesday is an odd day, we get out at 12:45 compared to the 2:47 of the other weekdays. Last year it used to be 2:45 all days except Monday, which was 12:45. I personally prefer Monday short days. The lunch is cramped up with more houses out than usual, and the line for lunch is longer - it doesn't shorten until 15 minutes before the break is over. The classroom is abysmal, and the kids I'm stuck with are insane. The classroom is never focused no matter what the teacher tries to stop the chaos - and she can't do much. I hate this school, and not for the learning part of it - oh no, I don't mind school work. I hate it because of the people there, and its abysmal quality. If you can, avoid it.

Vista Preparatory Academy 4

Posted January 14, 2014
I am an 8th grade student at Vista Preperatory Academy. I was enrolled in Vista the last year the mascot was Vikings, and this year when they changed the school. Last year, the school was horrible. Nothing was clean, everything wasn't working properly. But it was still a great school. We had class periods like any other middle school, and it was a fun environment for students. Over the summer the district decided to change the school for the better. They changed the mascot, the colors, the paint on the buildings, and how the system is runned. Now instead of class periods, we have 'houses.' Each 'house' is made up of one 6th, 7th, and 8th grade class. You have one teacher all day long, and it sets an easier learning environment. Students get along, and though they have had to cut some extra curricular activities to afford it. It has made the school a better place.

1770 South Jackson Street, Red Bluff, CA  96080-4505
Last modified Vista Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.