Redlands, CA
Students enrolled: 1,347

Cope Middle School 3

Posted May 28, 2014
Problems at this school are varied. The most important problems are listed here in order 1) there is a complete lack of sex education (in the whole county) thus, many girls are sexually active with no protection, no guidance, and ALL the attendant problems leading to drop-outs and much worse. Google 'San Bernardino teen pregnancy rates'; the district is in denial, but the statistics don't lie. 2) there is also no school nurse and no feminine protection in the office or bathrooms. 3) there is no way for a student to fail a class, or get extra help or tutoring, short of being 'special education' which is a real shame because failing kids are just promoted, unprepared and lost 4) there are only two guidance counselors, and you can't choose yours, one has a really difficult time with not just guidance but forming coherent sentences. Lastly 5) this school has the strangest scheduling in the history of scheduling, I continue to hope there is a education theory behind changing class times daily, but, it just ends up meaning nobody knows who's coming or going, not the students, not the staff. All that aside, the school's rating is deserved if we grade the entire district on a curve.

Posted January 10, 2014
this school Is great!! they have a wonderful hands on approach If you are looking for a that could help your kid if they are having a hard time or learn different that's the school take it from me ,I am dyslexic and they sure did help me I am the highest in my grade and I was the top of my class woo go 1213 but anyway I suggest cope

Cope Middle School 1

Posted July 25, 2013
I would not recommend a child to go to Cope. I went to Cope for my first two years and then transferred to a school in Yorba Linda. My First two years were great, I was in the dance team, took all honors, and was in the top 5% of my class. When I got to Yorba Linda, I was behind despite all of my training at Cope. I learned that there were kids who were taking 8th and 9th grade level classes when they We're still in 7th grade. I was bewildered, for I had gotten a 600 on my math STAR Test, yet there were a great deal of kids who passed me during math class. I had gone from the top, to the middle. In addition, there are few racers who are very involved with you, it it seems as if all of the good teachers have retired or gone somewhere else. You can also constantly hear kids cussing , bullying, and throwing racist remarks to others, including their friends. On the Redlands school district, cope may sound like a good school, but the truth is that simply will not prepare you for the competition in college.

Posted October 02, 2012
Great school i was there in the early 90's who remember the security lady they call her robocop?

Posted January 28, 2011
I attended this school my 7th , 8th, and 9th grade years about 20 years ago. The teachers and administrators were truly amazing. My home life during those years was very chaotic. Everyone there helped me tremendously and were so supportive. My football coach, Mr. Zanhisor would often drive me home after practice, (I lived in Grand Terrace and he lived near Beaumont, about a 40 mi. trek?) Other teachers (Mr. Pena, Mrs. Hamilton, Mrs. Poindextor, and many others) also sacrificed for me in many ways. In addition, these teachers and coaches were outstanding at educating and motivating. The folks at this school made all the difference at a truly volatile time in my life. They not only taught me valuble lessons in academics, but as importantly, how to be a better person. Dave Foy (RHS. class of 1995)

Posted December 13, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009
I love this school and especially the teachers because they always tease each other. It's so interesting here. Our spirit day are also so cool.

Cope Middle School 3

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted September 29, 2008

Cope Middle School
1000 West Cypress Avenue, Redlands, CA  92373
Last modified Cope Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cope Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top