No rating

Packinghouse Christian Academy

Private | K-12 | 151 students

Living in Redlands

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $180,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted September 24, 2014

My daughter started the 2014-2015, school year as a new student here. She had been in public school since 2012. Coming from a public school had lead me to have little faith in today's education system all together. There had been dozens of incidents that made me look into a Christian based education for my child. My daughter loves it here. It is a 360 from public school. The teachers actually care to have conversation with you and let you know daily how your child did. The staff/faculty are personal with you and treat you with respect. I can't rave enough about how much this school has changed our lives for the better, it is truly a blessing. I look forward to many more years with PCA knowing I made the best decision for my daughter by pulling her out of public school. I only wish I would have done it from the beginning because I feel that public school had "hardened" her in a way. Thanks PCA.

Posted June 6, 2014

Like any other school, it had it's highs and it's lows, it's ups and it's downs. It's not perfect, not even close. Sure, there is a social, unspoken hierarchy, but that's not the main point. The biggest thing from this school is the closeness of the students. You never have had a brother? Go to packinghouse, you'll find one real soon. The student body is extremely close knit, it feels like a literal family. Aside from the people, the actual bible learning and spiritual experience gathered there is unbelievable. Although I don't agree with everything they say, you will be able to form your own decisions and opinions on scripture and universal beliefs from what they teach you. Yes, I'm a former student. I love this school. I wish I could go back, but unfortunately life is calling. I miss the everyday life there, everything about it. It is the best school I have ever attended.

Posted June 30, 2013

Excellent school. Son has been attending high school for 2 years. He says its good. This is high endorsement from a high school male!!! We love the teachers!!!!

Posted April 6, 2011

I have been a parent at this school for many years. I have seen this school evolve over the years from a good school to a getting better school. Like most private schools in the area PCA has had their ups & their downs, I feel PCA is on their way up. I have been blessed to see my kids grow in the Lord in many ways & they have been challenged to learn well, to participate well in whatever they do-whether it be drumline, sports, student-led worship, Drama, PCA Players... The school is small & a good thing is there is a lot of one-on-one with faculty for those who seek out the help they need or desire to go further, faculty is there to help & this year's administration is VERY involved. The parents in most recent years are very committed to helping PCA become better. Their PTF rocks and we have seen many activities to build community through their efforts. I am happy to recommend PCA to anyone wanting their kids to learn well, to grow in the Lord, to be challenged to lead & become young men & young women with purpose & not become overly concerned with progams & activities, but to be satisfied & content & then to be able to "Go into all the world and preach the good news!"

Posted April 5, 2011

We have been at pca for about five years and my children love it. The staff there are amazing the really take the time to care about whats going on. The office staff are great.

Posted March 25, 2011

My children go to pca, and we love it there the teachers are amazing and the office staff are great. They treat us like family. My kids grew so much spirtually. I love there chapel.

Posted March 25, 2011

PCA has been a fantastic experience for both my children. The spiritual growth we have seen evident in their lives has been amazing. Their academic skills have increased greatly, we feel, due to the small class sizes and caring staff. We are especially happy with the many fine art activities they have included. The best thing about PCA that everything they do is done to gloify God.

Posted February 22, 2011

I can only speak to the High School. Spiritually: It felt more like an industry than a ministry. Some teachers were standout excellent spiritually but others were unfortunately spiritually void. The inconsistency confused or at least blurred the lines between faithfulness and compromised Christianity. The teachers that were genuine were a treasure and a blessing Academically: I felt that the academic standards were unfortunately low for a private school. The teacher skills and required material were lower than the public schools. The Math and Science teachers in particular were below par.

Posted February 16, 2011

My four children go to school at PCA. i love the teachers and there staff they are so loving with there students, They treat there familys like if they were there own familys.The teach them so much about the Lord it's amazing...

Posted February 16, 2011

We have 2 kids that attend this school and they both love it.The teachers are so amazing and are full of the lord's sprint it pours out into our kids. As parents we feel very blessed to have the ability to send our kids to the Packinghouse Academy. We could not imagine sending our kids to a public school giving them mixed signals on how God wants his children to be. Academically they are performing very well. Our children without a doubt will be attending through high school. We know several friends that have attendedand graduated from PCA to continue on @ 4 year universities and succeed without any complications!!!

Posted July 13, 2010

My son came to The Packinghouse Christian Academy from a public school in the 10th grade and graduated a different person. His grades significally improved, his spiritual walk with the Lord bloomed, and he became a wonderful man of God. He is now married, he and his wife are both missionaries for Africa who love life and love the Lord. Thank You Packinghouse Academy for your dedication to the students and families!

Posted April 26, 2010

The reviews are now 2 - 3 years old. Since that release the faculty and school attendance has declined greatly. It could be due to a reflection of our nations academy. The high school is the most difficult to succeed. The low enrollment and combined classes have reduced many of the extra-carricular activities. My child struggled slightly going into a seccular school due to the carriculum being a little laxed. God's love is present through the love of the staff toward each child. The elementary level flourishes. Prayerfully consider if this is the right school for the Jr. High or High school for your child.

Posted February 14, 2009

Both of our kids graduated from PCA High School (formerly Calvary) and then went on graduate from two different universities. Our grandkids attend now and we are seeing the same great results. We expect they will also graduate from college in the top of their class as their parents did.

Posted June 13, 2008

I went to pca when it was previously known as calvery. it is an okay school for little children, but in sixth grade I learned nothing. After sixth grade I went to clement middle school and I knew nothing, I had to be retaught things I should have learned. I still have trouble with precentages. So please dont torture you're kids at PCA, sending your kids to highschool there is just cruel. They will rebel, if you keep them so shelterd and hidden away, when they finnaly get out they won't know what to do with freedom. So please take it from someone who knows and has had the expierence of going there.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 29, 2008

My son is in 2nd grade and has attended PCA since Kindergarten. When I pick him up each day, I always ask how his day went. His response is always the same, an enthusiastic 'Great!'. He enjoys his teacher, school staff, and classmates. PCA is like one big family with one common goal: Educating our (God's) precious children in a safe and Christian environment. We are blessed!

Posted July 28, 2007

Great school with caring teachers and staff. My son has been attending here since kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade, he doesn't want to go anywhere else. We love the small class sizes and the fact that the school goes up to the 12th grade. We are looking forward to another year as our son continues to grow spiritually and academically.

Posted July 27, 2007

This is a wonderful school. Great teachers and staff that really care about every child. My son loves going to school and enjoys the after school activities.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Jeff Lindeman
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9700 Alabama Street