Bad
Good

This is my first year at MIT and really enjoyed it the math and science teacher in 6th grade were really nice and they would help us if we need help. And we are getting computers to take home next year.

McKinley Institute of Technology is a horrible school, do not send your kids here. This is coming from a former student. 8th grade was unbelievably terrible, I learned nothing in math and science. I was told we were going to do fun experiments and dissect frogs, we didn't do anything in science, we were told to read our science books which we were given, and answer questions from the book, and this is all we did ALL YEAR, our teacher did no lecturing, she didn't teach us a single thing. My whole class learned nothing, we sat on computers for both math and science. Our teacher honestly really didn't care about anything, she didn't offer any extra help. One day I asked her for extra help and she told me to get a tutor. Teachers should want to help the students. Students and parents would complain to the Principal a lot and yet nobody did anything. So, all in all, I wasted a whole school year, I could have learn a lot but no I learned nothing, I have straight A's but I have A's for effort not for understanding. This school is also very poor. To start off in the year, I think we had about $300, so the whole year I think we we on about 1 or 2 feild trips that were very unnecessary, uneducational, or not fun. So, I am now going to go into high school very lost and confused. So, please do not send your children here, it is a living hell.

i love McKinley its a good school for you kids and they will learn so much here

McKinley Institute of Technology is a small family of wonderful teachers, an amazing office staff and kids that are happy to be there. I have been part of this family as a parent and volunteer, and I feel blessed that my kids have been and are part of this school. The teachers really care about the students, they want to help them succeed and be great. The office staff is always welcoming whether you have a question or simply want to wait for the bell to ring to take your child home. The principal and vice - principal are involved and motivating to the students and staff. The children themselves seem to be responsible and helpful when they see help needed. Everyone involved with McKinley Institute of Technology is there because they want the best for their kids and the community, and they believe that M.I.T is fulfilling that role for them.

I love this school great teachers my son is behaving much better and is doing well in class

Leadership is lacking. Put downs, teasing and rude behavior are accedpted as 'normal.' No community building activities. Events are not well attended and there is advertising and or push to bring about school spirit. AS sport activities are non-existent.

There does not seem to be a disciplinary action procedure schedule in place. There are good teachers there, but a lack of support from administration.

There are great enthusiastic teachers, and there are some terrible teachers. You just really need to stay on top of the teachers.

Last modified Mckinley Institute Of Technology is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.