Bad
Good

Great School I Enjoy Visiting Silas Bartsch School. Kids Are Great And Respectful, Campus Is Clean.

I pulled my children out of that school almost immediately of being there.. The staff is horrible the 2 woman in the front office are so mean!.. Especially Veronica she will ignore you, rolls her eyes at you, and walk away while you are still talking.. The other lady with the crazy accent is Veronica's sidekick so treats you just as bad! I don't understand how they hire these rude people on Campus...

My son is entering in his third year of attending this school and he likes it. We were new to Reedley and i liked the idea of sending him to a new school. His 3rd and 4th grade teachers have been great! (Ms. Flores and Mr. Nikkel) The school has great activities for the students and family to participate in. I especially like the Festival they hold at the end of the year. My son also takes part in the GATE program available there and he loves it! We did have a situation where we had to report it to the staff but i can tell you that Mr. Rodriguez handled it very well. I am looking forward to my son attending Silas Bartsch School for the next 4 years.

As of Oct 28, 2011 the school will be in it's 4th school year. I can atest to the fact that the other two reviewers comments still hold true even now. The school does have staff that is competant and wonderful to our children, however the bad out weight the good. The excuse that "we're a new school" is STILL used to explain away issues. There has been some turn over in the front office staff and the excuse I heard a lot last year was "I am new" never mind the fact that the person had been there since August and was using that excuse in February. That person has since been replaced with someone else and the new person is VERY hard to understand when they call home to verify absences or the likes. Another great issue is the school sending home letters to parents that have type-o's and incorrect information. The excuse that comes along with that is "Oh well the district sends these letters out on our letterhead" and no one in their office proofs them before they are handed to the children?

The school is in it's second year, and should have more of the 'kinks' worked out by now. However, my kids absolutely love their teachers (Mrs. Scharbach and Mr. Laws), and are doing well in school. They are happy to go and excited to learn.

I feel that the staff still uses the excuse that the school is new to justify problems that arise with students, facilities and staff. While much of the staff is welcoming and have a great deal experience with children, a few should reconsider their career paths. They need to remember their job is not just about 3 months off in the summer, 3 weeks in the winter, a week in the spring and all the other holidays in between. They are to be there for the children.

Last modified Silas Bartsch School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.