Reseda, CA

Posted December 23, 2013
Vanalden Avenue Elementary school is the best option in my opinion. The kids get a class A education without having to shell out a ton of money for private education. School Uniforms are optional. Be respect is mandatory. Mr. Lance Moore & Mrs. Yoshim Yang are great administrators for our kids to look up to. I have two kids in Vanalden right now and as my younger children grow closer to school age; there is no question this will be there school. A California Distinguished school for a reason. The kids care about their education. As well as the Parents and the teachers. Plus majority of the classes have 90% attendance ratting how many schools can say that.

Posted December 06, 2013
I went to vanalden back in '94 from k-5 and I have soo many memories there I loved that school.I look at the ratings and compare those to the schools here in vegas,where I know live,and wish my kids would be able to enjoy a school like vanalden.Unfortunately, my kids go to a 2 star school and I'm very worried they won't get the education I got as a kid growing up.Im so thankful for all the teachers there and there dedication to all their students.

Posted August 28, 2013
I graduated from this school back in the 1970's and I never forgot this school and the wonderful teachers and students there.

Vanalden Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
New to the school. Unable to see how the academic programs/teachers/parent involvement compare to our previous school. I believe the campus could use more "green space". Perhaps a track with a grassy field in the middle. I like the jungle mural in the eating area. I would love to see more full scale murals (i.e. the handball courts & other walls visible from the street). I would happily devote my time & effort to both projects mentioned above! One area that needs improvement is the "drop off" system in the front of school. There should be a more organized "drop off" system implemented for the safety of the students and prevent "double parking" that blocks the road for oncoming cars. Cars should pull up, drop off the student(s) and drive away allowing other cars to move up and do the same in a organized, safe & timely manner. Perhaps staff or volunteers could assist by placing neon orange cones marking the "drop off" lane. I also believe an assigned parking area needs to be set up for the first grade-fifth grade school bus (front for AM drop off & rear for PM pick up). These are small suggestions that will have lasting positive effects on the school, the students and the faculty.

Vanalden Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
Vanalden elementary is a good school. Great teachers. The principal is friendly and fair. They have after school programs.

Posted October 30, 2012
We made some great gains due to the hard working students, dedicated staff, and extremely supportive community. Way to go Vanalden!!!

Posted April 01, 2012
I placed my son at Vanalden after a horrible experience at Germain Elementary School. My son is Autistic and they have given the best assistance I could have ever asked for. I am involved in every aspect of his learning.

Posted June 09, 2008

Vanalden Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted February 27, 2008
I have found this to be an all right school for my son. I am not sure though on the communications I am getting from my sons teacher and I don't like how they shuffle the children around from teacher to teacher in this grade school because it cofuses the children. I have met my sons teacher 2xs and each meeting was to my mind that his teacher was not with the program. She spoke blatantly about him in front of him on one meeting calling him 'scatter brained' and then just recently sent notes home stating that he is doing poorly in reading and that he is not reading his books. I know he has read at least 12 books and scored highly on his test. I requested an explanation in writing but still have not recieved anything back. I have written several notes and never heard back

Posted October 14, 2007
Vanalden is a fantastic school although change in administrators have come to frequent these past few years. There athletic program has also fallen off since the great coach Rene resigned. If you go to the schools office you will see all the trophies they won but since Rene left it's hasn't been the same it's been extremely difficult for the kids I can personally tell everytime I pick my kids up at the yard that they miss him very much. My son and daughter had the privilege to play for him for two years and he turned them not only into better athletes but better people as well. But other than the sports program falling off teachers are great and school is very friendly and welcoming.

Vanalden Avenue Elementary School
19019 Delano Street, Reseda, CA  91335
Last modified Vanalden Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vanalden Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top