Bad
Good

this is the best school ever! this is my first year! go MSA5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=) better school than home schooling

I'm not going to sugar coat it. The staff and teachers are top-notch. The curriculum excellent.However there's a major problem with some students there. They are unruly and make a living hell for the studious ones. It's not uncommon for a teacher to be called names and bullied. My son has reported to me incidents of kids making derogatory comments to certain teachers and classmates alike. Kids literally sleeping on their desks and having to be physically shaken to awake them. The level of noise inside the classroom is also troublesome. Some teachers seems to have completely giving up with some of these "problem kids" and have given them free reign to use class time as their personal "free time". It's not happening in every class but mainly in the ones where the teacher doesn't know how to firmly discipline. All and all I will say that it's a good school with a strong curriculum as I previously stated but because of a few problem kids who seems to be bent on poisoning the atmosphere of the class, it makes it very difficult for the ones who wants to succeed to be able to do so.

This school is unfortunately not what it used to be. Staff cutbacks, staff turnover, lack of concentration in SCIENCE which is a problem considering the name of the school and several of the teachers do not have control of the student's behavior which is resulting in rowdy classroom environments. Students are not being taught study skills and assigning homework is inconsistent. Not what I signed my child up for. Initially I was happy with the school but this school year, especially the 2nd semester have been a disappointment and I doubt my child will return next year. At this point I'm concerned that my child will be lacking in science and english next school year.

love it I have my daughter there since 6 grade now she's in high school .best school around .

I'm the parent of 2 7th. grade students on MSA5, is a good school, they have discipline and a little group of students on each classroom but this year we lost some of the good teachers from last year : Tyffani Yeung and Mr. Verdi, they both were truly committed to they're work and i will always regret that they left the school. But so far is a much better school than the one my son had to attend in my neighborhood. Keep it up with the good job MSA!!!!

I'm the parent of a soon to be 6th grader (starting September 2012). My daughter has attended Los Feliz Charter School Through the Arts since 1st grade. It's an excellent school and we are so sad to be leaving it.It really feels like we are leaving our family ;/ I have searched high and low for a school that would offer the same level of education that we were accustomed to...to no avail...until a parent told me about this school. I googled the school, called attending parents, spoke to some of the school staff and the consensus is unanimous: great school with dedicated teachers, staff and parents, discipline, strong educational curriculum, great after-school programs, field trips...etc We can't wait to start the school year and meet students and parents..as well as the teachers. My daughter is a little bit anxious...worried if she'll be able to "fit in" and make new friends...but i'm sure it all work out just fine. Looking forward to see you all at Bankroft this August 15th !!

Hi My name is Maribel Alcedo. My daugther is going to be a 7th grader and I been thinking about Magnolila for her to attend. I dont want her to go to her home school which is LeConte. She is attendting Allesandro Elementary Magnet School which their API is 800. I want the best for her and i believe Magnolia will be a perfect school for her.

Magonlia Science Adamey is great school to attend. There is a stirct NO BULLING policy. In addition the school provides us, student, with clubs that give new experiences and knowledge. The class sizes are small so teachers can focus on individual needs. The school is frequently having field trips to provide the students with extra knowlegde on the subject being studied in class. Teachers, students, and parents communicate frequently as well. There are many languages to learn from: Korean, Turkish, and Spanish. Also there is an Advance Math program.

MSA 5 is an exceptional school that prides itself on maintaining good communication between both parents and studentsl. The teachers and staff work very hard to see that the students receive the attention and encouragement they need to advance to higher education. They offer specialized programs such as Advanced Math, Computer Science, and Science programs which involve many competitions throughout the year. They have tutoring and afterschool programs such as running club, food critic, year book club, and robotics. I would not send my son anywhere else. He has learned so much.

MSA-5 It's a great school teachers and staff are 100% dedicated to our children!

Last modified Magnolia Science Academy 5 is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.