Riverside, CA
Students enrolled: 2,173

Arlington High School 1

Posted October 16, 2013
We just moved from Texas to California. I have 3 children and my oldest is in 9th grade attending Arlington High School. As a parent academics was a big concern and important factor in deciding on a school. I did months of research and used greatschools.org to help make my decision but I am so disappointed in this school! There is no communication between parents/teachers. The teachers do not care about the students and are quick to give a 0 or just leave a missing paper grade. There are too many students in classes so the teachers are overworked, overwhelmed and don't care! It shows and THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS! I have never had any problems with my son and his teachers/schools before and since he started Arlington 3mo ago I have had to contact 5/6 of his teachers!! Two of them numerous times already! I have never been so Stressed and Frustrated with a school! The teachers get up and teach the classes and if your child doesn't understand too bad and they won't help your child! It is more like a college with college professors than a high school, so your child will be on their own! I WOULD NOT recommend this school!!

Posted October 22, 2010
Arlington High School is a GREAT school. They have wonderful and caring teachers. The principal shows great leadership and is very involved. They have challenging academic programs and have excellent music, theatre, sports, and Jr ROTC programs. The students involvement in the community is phenominal. Staff and Administrators provide a safe environment for students with zero tolerance for violence. My daughter attends school here and she loves it. As a parent I am really happy that my daughter attends school here at Arlington. I believe it is the best school in Riverside and would not let her attend anywhere else. Go Lions! Proud parent of an Arlington student.

Arlington High School 4

Posted June 24, 2009
I just graduated and I am glad that I was able to attend Arlington High School. Everyone at school, as far as adult-wise, were nice and caring. Being at school allowed me to have a family-like feeling. I am sad to see some of the comments about AHS looks. Whether or not the school looks bad as far as needing an upgrade will not determine whether us as students will be successful or not. Arlington is not the ghetto school of Riverside. I agree that classes that are AP are a lot more sophisticated and help students a lot more, but that is because the students in the regular classes have a lack of desire to do work and go to college. My time at AHS was great:) Its a good school.

Arlington High School 0

Posted June 21, 2009
Every school has a percentage of students and/or parents that will be unhappy with their school for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, there will be no pleasing these individuals no matter what the school or teachers do. This is a great school, filled with talented students, caring teachers and positive attitudes. Keep up the great work, Arlington!

Arlington High School 3

Posted June 16, 2009
The quality of the classes offered here that are not a.p. is very poor, however i can say that all of the a.p. courses that I've taken here except for one have been very challenging and definitely college level. The athletic programs are superb but with old facilities that are falling apart. Many sports this year went undefeated including waterpolo, tennis, and freshman football. Waterpolo and tennis were league champions with tennis winning cif.

Arlington High School 1

Posted May 06, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009

Arlington High School 0

Posted November 27, 2008
I agree Arlington High School needs new upgrades and the school stucures are falling apart. My child calls it the Gheto school of Riverside.

Arlington High School 2

Posted November 23, 2008
As a graduate, I must say this school is a piece of crap! There are few teachers that try, the facilities are below average, the roofs leak, the school is on the border of a bad part of town & the participation of teachers/ students trying to do more for to build school pride is lackluster. The music/ choir program is great & the athletic programs are above average, but I don't know how in the last 10 years the district has continued to build other schools with state of the art facilities, but hasn't mildly updated the facilities in this one. Maybe they're waiting for the train that runs through the football field to derail & take out some of the decrepit buildings & then they'll just start over. Oh and Excellant is actually spelled Excellent... If your daughter received such an education she should've helped you with that word!

Posted September 13, 2008

Arlington High School
2951 Jackson Street, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Arlington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top