Riverside, CA

Posted August 07, 2014
Absolute worse school you could ever go to. Most teachers don't care about the kids. And the staff doesn't care about bullying. Unless you want your child to turn into a disrespectful ghetto kid, don't send them here. The only thing I liked was choir and band.

Chemawa Middle School 2

Posted December 04, 2012
Most of the teachers at Chemawa are great! They care about the kids and want to see them succeed. However, there are teachers at Chemawa that are not there to teach...they are there to collect their paycheck and benefits. The principal seems to be there only as an advocate for teachers, not students. I will be a happy parent when I don't have to deal with this principal or his staff of office administrators with bad attitudes towards parents and anger towards the children.

Posted January 06, 2011
i hated this school I went here for 2 months and the first 2 days were good then I brought my money for p.e clothes and lunch also bus money and they stole it then the next day they did the same thing.The teachers dont care if you foyour homework or classwork.8th grade Language arts doing 6th grade language arts!

Posted July 29, 2008
Our principal Mr. Sean Curtin is the best. He is very hands-on and readily available. He truly promotes the collaborative learning community. He is a watchful eye with our students and always open to suggestions and new ideas. I am so glad my daughter attends Chemawa!

Posted May 04, 2008
My granddaughter's two year experience at Chemawa Middle School was awesome. The teachers, administrators, and classified staff were accessible and supportive. Teachers answered emails rapidly and were readily available if a conference was requested. Administrators were highly visible and accessible. The office staff were friendly and helpful. My granddaughter made a personal connection with Mrs. McBriety who helped her throughout the two years. Chemawa was a positive experience that she continues to talk about and miss. Thank you to the Chemawa staff for not only being outstanding educators, but also outstanding human beings. A proud grandmother

Chemawa Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2008
Chemawa Middle School is the only middle school In Riverside that I would want my daughter to attend. The administration, teachers, and support staff are outstanding. They care about each student and welcome all parents on campus. This community is one of the most outstanding learning communities in Riverside. The staff is there to make sure ALL of the students learn, do their best, and have a safe campus. The communication is excellent. Progress reports are sent home, e-mails are answered, and the principal always has an open door. Thank goodness there are schools like Chemawa.

Posted April 04, 2008
This is quite possibly one of the poorest run schools in the district. The administration is consistently unavailable. Sean Curtin, vice principals, and the campus supervisors allow the same students to misbehave and disrupt class. The teachers try to maintain discipline, but it is clear that without a stronger, more effective administration this is impossible. The test scores are very low in the core subjects as well. I plan to transfer my child to a stronger academically and better run school at the end of this school year.

Chemawa Middle School 4

Posted May 06, 2005
Chemawa Middle School has literally changed since my now 19 year old son attended there. My current son who is 14 is having a blast at the school, learning new things each and everyday. Im glad for Chemawa and the teachers there. There all so wonderful and I want to say thank you for everything.

Posted March 31, 2005
Chemawa is a very good school. The academic program allows me to constantly know my child's progress, performance, and current grade status on a consistent basis. The school provides a written status of all homework, quizzes, tests, and other projects along with the grades on an ongoing basis. I have even received postcards and phone calls for the outstanding progress of my child, which is unusual when they are doing well. The program also allows my child to experience curriculum changes thoughout the year that provides a broader scope of education including food and nutrition, language arts, and spanish. There are also a number of activities that keep my child involved and participating in things that she may not otherwise have been, including social activities and dances. The level of parent involvement is overwhelming and supportive, especially at open house and award nights. I'm definitely satisfied with Chemawa.

Chemawa Middle School
8830 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Chemawa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chemawa Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top