Bad
Good

Great school .. Teachers care, wonderful after school program I'm overwhelmed with all the help my son has received with his teachers

Overall Excellent, however the teachers seem to die out near the last two weeks of school and become seriously lazy, only providing some boring movie thats uneducational.

This school was TERRIBLE! The teachers are absolutely inconsiderate! They have no sense of common decency!

I am currently a student at Amelia Earhart Middle School and I enjoy learning in such a great open enviroment. All of my teachers are excellent! I improved my grades when I started coming to Earhart. The afterschool program is also spectacular! Students can finish their homework and go home without doing it last minute. In conclusion, Amelia Earhart Middle School provides a wonderful learning experience enviroment!!!

My son told me that he watched 12+ full length Hollywood movies/year during his classes at Earhart. The vast majority of these movies were not even arguably educational. For example, he watched Toy Story 3 (twice) and Avatar (about 4 times). By the time we got around to seeing Avatar as a family, he knew all of the lines. We complained about the movies to the to the principal, who acted shocked and said that he would do something to fix the problem. Of course, a few months later our son was watching another movie in class -- while the principal laughed with the teacher in the back of the room. Also, avoid Mr. Little. At the "back to school" night, Mr. Little informed the parents that he doesn't require the students to do science fair projects because, "most of them wouldn't do good projects anyway." As it turned out, he hardly assigned any homework...and based at least one test on a Hollywood movie. Honestly, a teacher is supposed to challenge his students -- not abdicate his responsibility to teach because he assumes that the majority of the students will turn in mediocre work. Some teachers are excellent, though: Mrs. Brooks, Mrs. Stearns, and Mrs. May come to mind.

I strongly URGE every parent to take a moment to read this! I have personal knowledge that PE Coach, Augustine Vega has a history of molestating young girls. I know this because I was one of them many years ago at the age of 14. I received a call from thr Riverside DA's office asking me to testify against him again a few years ago as he had done it again. Myself and a couple of others have alerted the Principal, Vice Principal and Superintendant of this fact yet nothing has been done. Please verify for yourself with the Riverside County District Attorney's office or Valley View High School staff under the direction of previous principal, Joe Palomino. I do not wish for another young child's life, self esteem, youth and trust to be damaged by his actions. As a parent myself now, I cannot merely keep quiet and wait to get another call asking for me to testify against him yet again. We must protect our children...even at the cost of the great PE program he helped initiate, which is the reason I suspect no action has been taken. Please verify for yourself, and then act upon these facts.

I would consider Earhart a great learning environment for all students due to the high expectations as well as embedded support for the students. As far as the staff, the teachers at Earhart genuinely like teaching and have great energy and motivation to be the best school overall.

amelia earhart is a very good school to attend. my favorite teachers are mr. morri and mrs. baker-brooks. they are awesomee!!!!:D

Great school, great parent participation, great teachers!

Last modified Amelia Earhart Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.