Riverside, CA

Posted April 13, 2015
From BEFORE day 1 when I had my child tested for kinder I was told by the principal not to be surprised if my child doesn't get in. That set the standard for the next 3 years. Fortunately, my child has been on high honor roll ever since kinder. The principal does not behave in a Christian manner. His only concern is money! Tuition goes up every year and you will get NOTHING NEW IN RETURN FOR YOUR MONEY! Run Away Now! Go to a school that actually cares about your chld.

Posted April 13, 2015
I cannot support this school. My daughter was bullied in 1st grade and administration did nothing. Because I threatened to pull her, I was told this year not to return unless I publicly supported the school, administration and teachers. I bear no I'll will toward the teachers, they're great (except for 4th grade) but administration needs to be replaced. No help from the parish either NOR the diocese. God help you if you ever have a problem at this school. You'll only leave with an ulcer.

Posted March 06, 2015
SCA has one of the best and challenging academic programs in the Inland Empire! Students will be challenged in all academic areas including lab science, foreign language, computers, sports and music. The expectations for student achievement and citizenship are high. We do our best to partner with parents to ensure that our students are successful.

Posted August 30, 2014
Substandard academic, favoritism is obviously practiced in school, unfair disciplinary action (very punitive and one sided), poor leadership, lack of resources(no counselor and nurse available on campus), volunteers teaching classes instead of credentialed teachers and unfriendly office staff.
12 people found this helpful

Posted August 18, 2014
-O. Educational standards is below par, administration is poor and biased. Bullies go scat free.
10 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2013
My son has attended this school since pre school and I have nothing but nice things to say. The staff and the parents is what makes this school run so great. I saw a comment of someone saying the school is not like it was in the 80s well if I remember correctly your child would also be spanked if they didn't behave back in the days.

Posted August 05, 2013
I am a bit surprised at some of the comments. My son has attended this school for the last four years. We personally have never had a problem. He does extremely well and every teacher he has had has been excellent. I understand there are different personalities and you cannot make everyone happy. Hence some of the comments below. The principal does the best he can. It's about working together. You can not tear down the school over a few comments. Obviously something is being done right or this many people would not have stayed for years and generations at a time. We have a music class that is part of the curriculum which you cannot find at many schools anymore. A science class, a computer class, p.e., yearbook committee, sports and so on. We have dedicated teachers for those subjects as well as a homeroom teacher. We have many family activities and numerous parents who enjoy volunteering. It's a shame it did not work out for the other parents and maybe it was just not a right fit. I am writing because we love the school. My son loves it and his teachers as well. It's about the child and some parents tend to put their feelings first and don't even ask the child how do they feel.
3 people found this helpful

Saint Catherine Of Alexandria School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
I am a little surprised at a parent who posted on January 6, 2013. She commented that she has not seen one priest or nun at the school. Many Catholics schools are now in this situation because there is a SHORTAGE of nuns and priests in the U.S. Many nuns of the EIGHTIES when she went to Catholic school, and when my children went to Catholic school are now elderly. Maybe instead of complaining about the lack of religious in schools, she should be praying for vocations. We definately need more nuns and priests, but I do not see many families of the new milenia helping to foster this in their children. Some responsibility for this falls on the parents.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2013
This school is terrible. I have yet to see one priest or one nun since my child started attending this past fall. I wanted religion to be a huge part of my daughter's education, but I can say that they are seriously lacking in this department. At the carnival/festival they have at the beginning of the year, they allow small girls to dance/sing (provocatively) to secular, inappropriate adult themed music, and no one seems to find it strange or wrong. It was very bizarre and worrisome. When I attended catholic school in the eighties, in Pasadena, there was no such blasphemous behavior such as this occurring. My daughter hates going to school ever since we enrolled her there. She has had problems with bullies on numerous occasions. She's also experienced sexual harassment by a 1st grade boy who was talking about his private parts with her, only to have the principle insinuate that my daughter was making it up. Like the previous reviewer, I too have observed staff showing favoritism to other kids who may have attended longer, or to families with multiple children there. Overall, I would avoid this "school" like the plague. We have recently removed our daughter after only a half year.

Posted October 11, 2012
I sit here, reading review after review, and am very perplexed. While I am happy for those families that have had positive experiences at St. Catherine's, it makes me wonder if our children even attended the same school. Just one of the major issues I had was the obvious favoritism shown to certain students and parents by some teachers and the administration. I witnessed that many, many, many times. Maybe those are the parents that are submitting all the positive reviews? The only way a school can thrive is if all the teachers and administration are fair across the board, not only to those that may be "important".
8 people found this helpful

Saint Catherine Of Alexandria School
7025 Brockton Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Saint Catherine Of Alexandria School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Saint Catherine Of Alexandria School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top