PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Nope, NuhUh. In 1st grade, my daughter got thrown into a bathroom stall and had the door locked behind her. Not until I threw a fit was the matter dealt with.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Hey, when the teachers lie and have families thrown out of their school for questioning their integrity.......what do you expect???

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Not ONE of the teachers at SCA is accredited. Most don't even have a bachelor's degree. You'd be hard pressed to find one that has either. The RC Diocese doesn't require any of their teachers to have degrees.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Instead of mediocre homework tasks, please teach the children IN CLASS!

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO ST. CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA SCHOOL. EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS ARE SUBPAR. TEACHERS/PRINCIPLE ARE ALL INCOMPETENT. SACALAS, GANDARA, GEIGER ARE ALL DISGUSTING TEACHERS. EXTREMELY RUDE TO THE CHILDREN. ST. CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA SCHOOL IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT ONE THING- YOUR MONEY. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

I am a new parent to SCA. My child is in TK and I am astounded at the accomplishments she has made this year. She is excited about learning and comes home talking about the 'good choices' she made and how to show God's love to others. The TK/Kinder team of teachers are incredible. It is wonderful to see my child grow academically and in faith.

Most teachers are effective, some needs a lot of improvement. Leadership needs a lot of work! Just wondering why all of a sudden there are so many good reviews in the month of May 2015! Hope the reviews are truthful and sincere.

This is an amazing school with the most amazing laboratory science program and a wonderful music program and loving supportive teachers who have brought out the very best in our children. We toured a lot of schools before we found St Catherine and what really drew us in, was the advanced academics, students who perform consistently well above their peers at other schools But they are also taught to be great Christians as they are spiritually strengthened as well. It is a great school, and everyone should come to check it out.

This fact-based review is for those hesitant to make decisions based on the opinions of strangers ON THE INTERNET. *TK-8 music program w/ band. The teacher has a Master of Music, Jazz Studies and Composition from USC. Two students received the highest ranking at the most recent SCSBOA festival *Spanish program for 5th & up taught by a native speaker *Computer classes for grades K-8 *Lab-science program taught by an engineer w/ a Master in Teaching and Learning Strategies. All 6 participants in the RIMS science fair medalled (4 silver, 2 gold) *Academic Decathlon: 1st place in math *76% of faculty/staff are alumni/have children who attend or are alumni *30% of the faculty/staff have a Master/Doctorate degree *The 8th grade class is exempt from entrance exams to some high schools due to the strength of the curriculum *Athletics program: football, soccer, basketball, track, & volleyball. Basketball championship winners '13, '14, '15 I am thrilled to send my children here. Is it perfect? No. Perfection in education doesn t exist. Find me a perfect school and I ll be the first to saddle my unicorn and prance to the registration office. Until then, I m staying here.

I think Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a great school. I have been going here for about seven years and I am graduating this year. This school has helped me grow closer to God and I have made many close relationships with my friends. Overall I say that this school is welcoming and helps push you to be the best you can be.

Last modified Saint Catherine Of Alexandria School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8