No rating

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help

Private | K-8 | 238 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 29, 2014

This school puts kids and education first always!! Family involvement is strongly encouraged and many opportunities are provided to meet other families and participate in events with your child. I would definitely recommend is school to any family searching for a faith filled education!

Posted October 17, 2013

OLPH has given me an opportunity to spread Catholic values and be a part of a supportive community. Two of my grandchildren attend and have been embraced with high academics and an extended family.

Posted April 13, 2012

We came to this school for a number of reasons and are very happy with our decision. Academics is excellent, both of our children are doing extremely well, junior high is very strong. Parental involvement is amazing and you coulnd't ask for a more Dedictaed and Professional principal and staff. Should have come here a long time ago!

Posted February 4, 2010

The best decision I ever made was bringing my two girls here. I am a single mom and this school makes after school involvement not only affordable, but convenient, since most of the activities are right on campus after school. The teachers love the children and devote so much time to each individual. Ms. T in fourth grade is awesome. The office staff is amazingly patient, the principal is first-rate and very hands-on and no bullying is tolerated. Thank you OLPH!

Posted November 1, 2009

We came to Olph when our son was in 5th and our daughter was in 3rd due to the closure of thier school. We choose Olph because, it had a similar family atmosphere. They also had a very strong junior high teaching staff. Since high school was in the not so distance future this was very important to us. My son is now in his first year at Notre Dame with a good portion of his classmates. He is doing very well, maintaining over a 3.0 GPA, playing football,and he continues to play club soccer. We truely believe that the teachers and the staff at Olph are the primary reason for his sucess. They instilled him excellent study skills and time management. We were sad about the closure of our previous school, but have never once regreted our decision in choosing the Olph family.

Posted October 29, 2009

My children have been at OLPH for 5 years. We came here after their last Catholic School was closed. We decided to come here because the students from OLPH excel when they go on to Notre Dame HS. Also there is an abundance of afterschool activities for the kids, including sports, choir, drama, drumline, music lessons...We also have a beautiful computer lab and all students (k-8) have computer classes. I love that my kids have wonderful teachers who care and challenge them. Our Principal, Mrs Moore is amazing and our staff is top notch. The parents are involved and enjoy bringing their kids to our family centerd activities. This is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent school with a strong sence of spirituality, community and top academics.

Posted June 10, 2009

My daughter started OLPH in pre-school. Imagine my surprise when she was in kindergarten: she stood up at the church podium for Mass at the end of the year and read the First Reading in the Missal (an Old Testament passage) aloud. Several members of the kindergarten class also read for the Mass, now a tradition! Amazing! Besides the excellent academic environment, OLPH offers its students so many activities, both during and after school. Fine arts? The talent show, drumline, drama, piano, guitar, and dance. Athletics? Parent volunteers coach kids right on campus after school, and they participate in league games starting as early as fifth grade. Track is available starting in early primary grades. Growing spiritually and learning to take responsibility for one's actions are very much a part of the school. As a whole, students from OLPH usually rank very highly at Notre Dame High School.

Posted April 5, 2009

This is a wonderful family oriented school. My children have been attending for 6 years and are truly thriving. The teachers are top notch and care deeply about the children.

Posted March 31, 2009

We really love this school. It is a very family oriented school with wonderful values. We have a wonderful catholic education. The teachers work hard and give much of their extra time to help the students when needed. We have a lot of parent volunteers that help with sports and drumline. I love the many family envolved activities that they put on. It is a great place to be. The kids really love it here. I like that they have a big grass area to play in. The teacher's challenge the students to the next level.

Posted July 30, 2008

My children moved from another catholic school to OLPH in the upper grades. They transitioned very easily, made great friends immediately and love their teachers. The strong values taught here are shared by all administration. The teachers have high expectations of their students which have made my kids work harder and give them a higher self esteem. The teachers and parents are very involved and teachers are always willing to provide extra help when needed. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone looking for a well rounded atmosphere for their children. An added plus in all the extracarricular activities: drama, piano, drum line, guitar, ASB, peer tutoring, football, basketball, volleyball, track and more...

Posted July 21, 2008

This is a wonderful school, it's the best decision we could have made to place our three kids here. I strongly recommend this school for anyone who would like their kids to keep their family values.

Posted April 16, 2008

This school is the absolute best! Not only will your child get GREAT education, but he/she will learn the responsibility of working hard!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 31, 2008

I love this school, wonderful catholic education as well as solid foundation of core subjects. The teachers seem to really have the children's best interest at heart.

Posted November 28, 2006

This is a very loving and caring school. I am in the 8th grade, I have been at this school since preschool. I when I was younger I was very shy but OLPH helped me get out of that phase. Now I'm the student body president for 2006-2007. One of the best things about our school is the extra help an attention we getfrom the teachers. All the teachers are loving and caring! I love my school and I would not change it for anything. -Katie
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 11, 2006

Good Community of parents abd their children. Wonderful annual Fiesta fund raiser. Above average academic success for students. School needs more support for sports and other extrcurricular activities. Great school office staff. Physical building needs more attention.

Posted December 13, 2004

Love this school. We have a morning assembly in which we say the pledge, morning news, and a prayer. I like the moral standard. Parents are very involved and teachers are well liked.

Posted November 17, 2004

Small school equals more attention and a caring faculty.

Posted September 9, 2003

The effort from teachers, (in our experience 3th, 4th, & 5th grade), & Dr. Blackett is outstanding! one to one assitance, dicipline, & enviroment highly rated as I've had my children enrolled in another catholic school! Highly recommend OLPH!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Performing and written arts
  • Dance

Health & athletics

School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dr. Sarah Elder
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Dance

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom