No rating

Woodcrest Christian

Private | 7-12 | 540 students

Student diversity

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $265,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Posted May 4, 2011

Our two children have attended the Day School, middle school and high school since 2001 when we first moved to Riverside. Our goal was to enroll our children in a smaller Christian school where they could excel academically while being led by faculty and staff with similar values to my wife and I. The teachers are well prepared and genuinely care about the kids. The campus is safe and clean and the class sizes are appropriate for each grade level and subject matter. All of this contributes to an environment that is well suited for learning and preparing kids for their next step in life. My daughter graduated from the system in 2010 and just completed her first year at the college of her choice. She was well prepared for college and that preparation was reflected in the grades she earned during her freshman year. I would recommend this school to anyone searching for the qualities that I have described above.

Posted April 28, 2011

This is a great school system! Both of my children are "lifers" meaning they have spent there entire elementary (Riverside Christian Day School), Middle and High school careers here. My eldest daughter is currently in her first year of college and feels "very well prepared". The leadership from the school board, superintendent and principals is balanced, well measured and always "approachable" . My wife and I have felt that we received excellent value for the money spent in tuition here, which by the way, is mainly in the middle of what private schools charge in the area. If you are seeking a well balanced, spirit led college prep education for your kids, this is the place to go. Don't let the expense stop you from inquiring, I know they have several scholarship programs available.

Posted April 20, 2011

We decided to send our son to Woodcrest after homeschooling him for 3 years. He has made a splendid transition. The small, clean campus is great. As parents, we appreciate the high moral standards and dress code. Mr. Smith the administrator is amazing. He really understands this age group. The teachers are strict yet encouraging. We have high standards for our childrens' education and Woodcrest has held up to its end of the bargain. We look forward to sending our daughter there next.

Posted July 29, 2010

Anyone who writes anything negative about this school is not making an informed statement. It is not just about Woodcrest being a Christian School. It is about all the students, teachers and parents all being respectful of each other. I have 2 children currently enrolled and I could not be more pleased. Awesome place for young people during the tough Jr High and High School years.

Posted May 28, 2010

My son attends this school and frankly when he started there in 7th grade I had my doubts about some of the teachers and policies. No school is perfect and I found the administration and the teachers very open and willing to address my concerns. I am more than happy my son attends this school and I am glad he is there rather than anywhere else. The administration staff is very nice, respectful and willing to help. I have no met any other principal better than their Jr. High principal. He is very wise and on top of things.

Posted May 11, 2010

Horrible school. Horrible school. Christian academics? Sure..They have bible are the teachers christian like and devoted to being an example for their students to follow? Absolutely not. I

Posted November 30, 2009

I graduated from Woodcrest in 08 and would not recommend another private school to anyone. They are spiritually and academically minded, pushing their students to achieve even their loftiest post-high school goals. The teachers genuinely care about the students as well. I will never forget the cards I received from my teachers when my grandma passed away. The small environment also makes friendship and discipleship easy. Great school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 17, 2009

My daughter is new at the school and she was accepted from day one! The administration really cares about the students as well as the staff, we are very much here to stay!

Posted March 3, 2008

Love, Love, Love it. My daughter is getting an amazing education and the sports programs are phenomenal! I highly recommend it. Worth every penny.

Posted September 22, 2007

My Children go to Woodcrest. After being in the public school system for 14 years, I can tell you this is a GREAT school. I drive 40 minutes each way to get them there. Why? Here a few reasons I chose Woodcrest..It's Christian based. There are large enough classes that my children can have a lot of friends. Teachers have degrees and have their jobs based on performance. They have most sports. There testing scores and the percentage of kids that go to college is around 95%. Not to mention if a student breaks the rules or does something wrong they take care of the situation instead of worrying if they will be sued. When I drop off my kids I know they will have the education they deserve. I think the only thing I would There isn't anyway to meet other parent. I highly recommend this school!

Posted July 19, 2007

Woodcrest is an excellent school rated by academics and athletics as well as the arts. Parent involement is unusually high! Students are friendly and respectful. We couldn't be more blesssed to have had our son in this school system for 4 years now as he is entering his junior year and will graduate in '09.

Posted February 22, 2004

I had a personal experience with the principal of this school. He was very un-professional and tried to explain his 'dictatorship' values to me. After explaining to him my authority as a parent and as a peace officer, he suddenly changed his tune. Other than him, it is a very nice school with high academic standards.

• Mr. James Sullivan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

18401 Van Buren Boulevard