Rocklin, CA

Posted October 08, 2012
My daughter went there here enitire 1-6th grade years. She just started middle school. This is great school with wonderful teachers and a great education.

Posted May 30, 2012
My kids and I LOVE this school! We moved here from out of state 3 years ago. I have a child in Kinder and another in 3rd grade. The teachers here are awesome! The principal is both kind and professional. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to become involved as well. The teachers really welcome it. I am also a big fan of the IB program and the Spanish programs. Sierra Elementary feels more like a family to me than a school. It's really fantastic!

Posted November 02, 2011
with 2 kids attending this school for the past 4 years I can say that this school is an excellent school. I love the IB, Vapa and other programs that other schools cannot afford. I believe the teachers are great, treating the kids fair. i like the push in different areas (AR, AM ...) The teachers involving the kids in different social activities is awsome. And on the con side, the office staff could be a little more friendly. Never had problems, but I got that feeling that if you don't look a certain way they kind of look down on you. I only give 4 stars because they're doing a lot of fundraisings and they're monetary excpectatins are kind of high for our budget. We have 3 kids in school and we only stay in the area for the school. Otherwise we cannot afford to live in this area. I belive overall is a very good school. My kids love it, they love their teachers and they do not want to go to another school. and that is all that matters to me.

Posted September 03, 2011
I wasn't referring to your original post regarding being treated like a "second rate citizen". I was responding to someone else and also suggested to that person that she should speak to the principal. I'm sorry your child feels that way because I know that no teacher at Sierra would want that.

Posted September 02, 2011
I never said my child was unhappy at Sierra Elementary, nor did I say we felt like "second class citizens". I was simply stating my observation as a parent and what I have seen take place over the last 3 years. My child has accepted the fact that children related to teachers are treated differently. These are her words. She sees what goes on in the classroom and at school functions. I don't feel the need to address this with the principal, I would prefer to keep my child's identity anonymous. It's hard enough just being a kid now a days. I would prefer not to get caught up in school politics. She is here to get an education and make friendships.

Posted June 09, 2011
From the first day that I tried to enroll my daughter into this school I received a strong feeling got unwholesomeness. We are a mutli racial family recently down graded from a upper middle income family to a middle income family and we were in my opinion treated as if we were second class citizens. After having a one on one conversation with the principal I was left feeling empty, disgraced and disrespected. She spoke to me as if I were completely an invalid without ever having received my college degree from a highly accredited college. Or even a high school diploma for that matter. I have fought very hard to keep my daughter inspired because I believe in the IB program itself. Yet I do not believe that the office staff was present on the day when the class was taught on hospitality. How every child should be treated equally no matter what their parents financial background is or the color of their skin.

Posted June 09, 2011
WOW, I'm surprised to see some of the recent reviews. We've just completed our first year (kindergarten) at Sierra and only have insight as to our current teacher and the small dealings with staff that I've had, but I've been pleased with our experience. Our teacher is WONDERFUL and the office staff/principal have been supportive and helpful. I see children laughing and smiling each day when I drop off/pick up, just as you'd expect to see at any school. Our entire neighborhood sends their children to Sierra and every family has expressed positive experiences at Sierra Elementary. My ONLY complaint, so far, is the junk food that other parents provide as snacks for our class! I'd much rather send a snack myself or see the parents pay closer attention to ingredients lists and remove the high fructose corn syrup/hydrogenated oils/large amounts of sugar. I'm giving the school a 4 star rating because it's our first year and the K students only attend 3 hours a day. I'll write another next year during or after first grade.

Sierra Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2011
After having a student there for several years and volunteering through the years, I am qualified to say that this school is NOT a good school. The parents are phony, the teachers are lifeless and the kids are in the crossffire. Reading goals are the main focus. When the bell rings and the kids are dismissed there are few smiles and no laughter from the kids, API scores are great, but walk the grounds of the school and you will see children that lack the spark that HAPPY children have.

Posted October 12, 2010
The teaching staff and principal are the best ever, the students are wonderful, bright and outstanding and the parents are great contributors in every aspect making Sierra Elementary a wonderful learning environment for its students and for future students to come!!

Posted May 11, 2010
This school recently went through their IB inspection and will probably move up next year from a IB candidate school to a full fledged IB school. I am thrilled that my daughter gets to attend one of handful of school in CA offering the IB PYP program.

Sierra Elementary School
6811 Camborne Way, Rocklin, CA  95677
Last modified Sierra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top