Posted March 21, 2014
Having my third son now a Sophomore at WHS- I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the level of education, sports and school activities. Administration and teachers seem to do a great job with their respective duties.

Posted October 03, 2013
Absolutely outstanding school! The kids are good, overachieving kids, there is very minimal drug use which seems to be a very big problem at Lincoln High School. The kids are very respectful and are college-bound. I recommend this school to anyone in the area.

Posted August 12, 2013
As a student I loved going to Whitney. The teachers are great at their jobs and there is so much to get involved with. The school spirit is phenomenal. I just finished my first year of college and I feel that Whitney High prepared me for the rigors and challenges of college.

Posted May 23, 2013
I have a freshman at Whitney and so far, he has had an overall positive experience there. He has commented that he had more homework compared to the homework at the middle school he attended in Rocklin. It seems like it has been a breeze his freshman year getting all A's in his classes. My concern is if the teachers are preparing the students for what is to come at the college level especially after reading one of the comments from a previous student that Whitney did not prepare them for the challenging college courses. Also, why is Rocklin High still scoring 20 points higher than Whitney on API?

Posted April 10, 2011
The teachers are very demanding. The art teacher is really talented and brings out the best in her students. The music instructor is very detail-oriented while he multitasks with all those different musical groups. The support staff was wonderful, helpful and patient with helping my daughter choose her courses for next year. She is quite the drama queen and excited to particiate the the wonderful drama group next year. The JV football coach somehow has managed to motivate my lazy, but smart, Freshman into being on time and excited to work for early morning practice three days a week. They even keep us apprised of college scholarship opportunities! Every teacher and all the support staff give their best efforts daily, and it shows!

Posted July 31, 2010
Whitney is a young school that has many accomplishments to boast in its short existance. It has an excellent academic program with great test scores and great sports programs as well. Whitney has accomplished more in just a few years than most schools do in 10 years. Maybe someday it will get the recognition it deserves considering the amount of negativity thrown across town by some of the students and parents from Rocklin High. We live in the same town people, lets root for ALL the kids in our town to do well.

Posted June 03, 2010
Whitney High does have an amazing faculty and a beautiful campus, but as a previous student I feel that their teaching methods set us students up for failure. Everyone I know, including myself, in college agrees that college is about a hundred times harder than what the Whitney prepared us for. There are no essential skills in college, and if you fail a test you can not just simply retake it the way we could at Whitney. How our English teachers showed us to format our essays is nothing like how college professors want an essay, and in college you cannot turn in late assignments the way we could at Whitney. Sure Whitney had great spirit and events, and parents seem to love it for the community involvement. But Whitney High doesn't prepare you well for the real world.

Posted March 18, 2010
my daughter loves this place. she gets help when she has asked for it. good leadership

Posted March 04, 2010
Every event and every fundraiser I have been to or been involved in which are quite a few have and awesome parent support and involvement! WHS Parent Involvement ROCKS!

Whitney High School 2

Posted March 03, 2010
While WHS has some of the best test scores and what-not around I don't feel I actually learned anything in my 4 years of attendance here. I graduated a year ago and now, while attending junior college like most WHS graduates I have found that the way they've prepared us is flawed. WHS teaches kids how to skate by, and if you fail anything, you can retake it. sure, wow it is easy to pass, but what you get out of it is very little unless you really push yourself or are in AVID or something. Oh, and there are alot of crime-like problems here. People's belongings, as well as teacher's keys and computer parts are always being stolen. And there are ALOT of kids on drug. On thing I must say, about 99% of the teachers are amazing. But it seems even they get discouraged with the grading at times.

Whitney High School
701 Wildcat Boulevard, Rocklin, CA  95765
Last modified Whitney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitney High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top