186 students|Rocklin Unified
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Rocklin Academy Meyers is a highly successful K-6 Core Knowledge school that presents a high-quality education that challenges and motivates each child to discover, strive for, and achieve her/his full potential. Rocklin Academy features a strong curriculum, outstanding teaching, ongoing assessment of student progress, and will continue to require a commitment to high standards.   We believe that all students can learn at high levels.  We are a school of choice with a clear and focused mission devoted to student learning. Rocklin Academy’s philosophy is that all elementary students need a standards-based education which is dedicated to the mastery of a broad base of knowledge and the development of a rich vocabulary, full literacy and mathematics skills. The richness of the Core Knowledge Curriculum Sequence and CCCSS combined with research-proven teaching methods that motivate and engage students to work hard and learn more, has shown great success in empowering students to excel and be prepared for success in high school and college.
April 08, 2016

Bad
Good

Rocklin Academy At Meyers Street

Posted April 08, 2016
- a school leader

Posted September 15, 2014
Rocklin Academy Meyers has turned out to be a wonderful & welcome surprise for our family! Our children are excited and enthusiastic about going to school and completing homework! This was never the case at their former school. I have read some other posts and I can honestly say that I have not witnessed any type of "catering to Spec Ed" children in any way whatsoever. In fact, I've only witnessed lots of very bright children completing above-average work with much success- thanks to phenomenal teachers (and excellent support staff). We are continually amazed at how organized this school is run and how they are diligent in their efforts to communicate daily with parents. ONLY negative is campus is not "pretty" to look at- WE DON'T CARE! The LEARNING is our top priority and that is clearly and positively demonstrated in our children's work as well as the school's ranking/testing. Ignore the "naysayers"! You won't regret it! Also...we are more concerned with our children's education than whether or not we are "buddies" with office staff. Priorities, people! :)

Posted March 21, 2014
Rocklin Academy Meyers is a wonderful school and I am so grateful that I found it and that my children are enrolled. Ignore the other recent posts by a group of disgruntled parents who were unable to influence/control the principal to their benefit. My children are far ahead of their peers that attend other schools in areas of academics, behavior, and in maturity. The teachers truly care about the success of each student. Those that need more advanced work get it; some kids are doing math 2 grade levels ahead of their grade. Those that need extra help get it also. Lots of parental support and involvement make the school a great place for the kids. The principal and staff are also amazing. There is no mystery why there are HUNDREDS kids on their waiting list to get in. My family's experience has been nothing but wonderful.

Posted October 02, 2013
Unfriendly, inflexible, and in my opinion they are not at all concerned about what is best for their students. My student was bored at this school. The curriculum is subpar. TV programing was used regularly in the classroom as a teaching tool. Very unsatisfactory experience. The staff was rude and made condescending comments about the fact that they have high scores and that hundreds of parents are dying to get their kids into the school. Basically they don't have to work with the parents because there are hundreds of students waiting to replace yours. I pulled my student. My son is attending a local school and loving it.

Posted June 07, 2013
After many years at Rocklin Academy my family left. The school has definitely taken a turn for the worst. As other reviewers said, RA is now catering to Spec Ed families. The advance curriculum has been greatly effected by the constant disruptions and behaviors of children whose spec needs are not being met by the school. Although the school accepts students with extra school needs, they DO NOT meet those needs well and it causes huge issues in the classroom. These issues have been reported the administration continuously, but they do not care. The financial struggles of this organization have Caused the school to lose focus on curriculum and instead desperately try to do anything to bring in more funding. Their parent partnership attitude is gone. They like parents who work for free, but do not want opinions on their school or to hear any of your concerns. They truly believe that their wait list of students will sustain this school. If you have an issue there are kids waiting to replace you. Good luck if you choose this school.

Posted May 31, 2013
Be very careful with this school. The teachers, office staff, and principal show favoritism. The "favorites" can get away with multiple tardies with no repercussions. Back in 2009, Rocklin Unified School District had concerns about renewing Rocklin Academy's charter because of the lack of special ed students. Unfortunately, now the parents of the special ed students run the school and their kids can do no wrong. There have been multiple instances where the classroom setting was disrupted and the student involved remains in the classroom. Multiple complaints have been made to the principal and the superintendent. But there has been no action taken by the administration. Some families have opted to leave because it has gotten so bad. On a positive note, there are some good teachers at this school. Unfortunately, because they are "at-will" employees, they can not speak up for themselves and are afraid to confront the administration. If you decide to go to this school, be sure to keep a close eye on what is going on in your child's classroom and don't be afraid to take your concerns all the way to the RAFOS Board of Directors or the Rocklin Unified School District Board.

Posted January 18, 2011
I cannot say enough great things about Rocklin Academy, Meyers! The excellent teachers, friendly front office staff, and strong leadership from the principal have all made our decision to come to this school the right one. Sure we have a great neighborhood school, but Rocklin Academy takes learning to another level! With state budget cuts, it's sad that we lost our foreign language program, but these cuts were made across the board in Rocklin public schools. It was great that class size remained the same, despite increase across Rocklin Unified schools. Again, we are so happy that our child was accepted in the lottery--we wouldn't dream about going elsewhere.

Posted January 18, 2011
This school has the academics that I want for my children. In a regular public school, "no child left behind" also means no child gets ahead. At RA, if your kid is a math wiz or excels in writing - they can move ahead. My kids get far more from the science and social studies program than at any public school. The curriculum is top notch. Having been there from the beginning, I have never seen an inordinate amount of time spent 'training' for STAR testing; only info on how to take it, and filling in the bubbles correctly. I DO wish we had smaller class sizes and foreign language. As for the staff, I guess they could be nicer, but they are there to do a job, not be friends with the parents. I have never once had trouble seeing the principal when I needed to. There is no assistant Principal, so she has a lot to do as does the limited staff we have. We don't always see eye to eye, but I always get to say my peace. The bottom line is that my kids are getting so much more from RA than they would be in our neighborhood school. I love too, that I get to be as involved as I choose to be, in ways that I choose to be.

Posted October 11, 2010
I was on the waiting list for RA and was accepted. I have to say that I am already disappointed that my child is attending this Charter School. The Office Staff is VERY unfriendly and the principal is ALWAYS unavailble. Thinking about pulling my child out to attend home school as I feel this was a HUGE mistake.

Posted March 28, 2010
I had a child that was homeschooled for several years before deciding to fill out an admission form for Rocklin Academy. I have to admit that my child learned much more from being homeschooled. My child is not being as challenged and is bored with school. Will homeschool next year.

Rocklin Academy At Meyers Street
5035 Meyers Street, Rocklin, CA  95677-2811
Last modified Rocklin Academy At Meyers Street is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.