Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 21, 2016
There are a lot of honest people and there are a lot of people who cheat and do not even deserve to be here. They cheated and I saw them but I didn't tell them because nobody liked a snitch. I just minded my own business. Cheaters abounded. People knew but they didn't care and neither did I. They even got into prestigious schools like UC Irvine and UCLA and you sometimes wonder how such a personal statement can reduce your chances of getting one if you do not have an impeccable transcript and flawless statement ready made out.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 21, 2016
I would like to thank one person for having helped me and that is this teacher who had signed a piece of paper for me to help me get into a program I needed for college even if the program didn't really do much. I appreciate her in filling it out for me and I am very happy that she did. I would like to not thank some people who have made me suffer. The prep lady is simply not a nice woman, but someone who suffers from mental illness and just wants others to see a counselor as well.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 21, 2016
they give you a lot of homework, you finish it, you get the grades you need. memorization and regurgation from k-12.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
This school is the reason why I felt like there was no compassion. I had ruined my life just by being with these people. Rude, obnoxious counselors, heartless vice principals, a math teacher who foresaw the future of the school(he is right), the math department is full of rude and impatient teachers who feel that the successive generation stinks at rounding out numbers these days. NO compassion, full of messed up people and stuff. People have no integrity here and the ones who do are the ones who suffer the most.

Rosemead High School 4

Posted July 04, 2014
I just graduated from Rosemead and I can briefly summarize what my opinions. The English, history, and foreign language teachers are outstanding. They put in a lot of effort into teaching and creating various methods to help students learn and apply what they learn to reality. On the other hand, some math and science teachers can sometimes fall short. Don't get me wrong, there are some driven teachers in the math and science department, but others forget what they are there for. A teachers goal should be to set an example for their students and work on making sure everyone learns the material and passes. I've come across some math and science teachers in my four years who have had nearly half of their students unable to pass. My advice is to make adjustments to their teaching methods and/or change their grading system. Sports, clubs, and other extra-circulars are abundant and competitive as well. All in all, the school is fair. If a student works hard and perseveres, they won't have any trouble getting into a decent four-year university. Of course there will be other students who lack motivation, but they just need a little reality-check and push.

Rosemead High School 3

Posted September 12, 2011
The school has a great campus (a new building was added and parts of the school were renovated recently) but some of the teachers are obviously not qualified for the job. Some of the staff members also seem lazy, unfriendly, and caring more about their paycheck than what they are supposed to be doing for the students.

Rosemead High School 2

Posted March 14, 2011
I'm Student from RHS (Rosemead High School) I don't know in El Monte Union High School give this school having a lacking of waste the time student in this school they also said board nothing to do. The only the teacher waiting for their paycheck and the teacher taking a day off does not show up on school that very mean not a very good teacher plus maybe the District can fire the teacher if the student file report them. One more thing I don't give a better good rating they have a very poor wi-fi around the school and they blocked the other web site and that is really not good to the student & staff this school got be to fun teach and helping the student for homework or the classwork not just other sitting around they said it too boarding I can't taking anymore if they want this school best .Well telling the District maybe the best possible way if they keeping the school like this again. Then I'm going to another this school don't give this lacking of waste time standing what i'm going to do.

Rosemead High School 1

Posted March 10, 2010
I am currently employed with EMUHSD and my personal opinion is this: Does a good job at covering up their flaws. The district operates on a, 'I scratch your back you scratch mine,' policy. Students success and achievements are often limited by mediocre administrators who can never give you a straight answer. The minimum requirement to become an administrator is to have been a coach, not a good teacher. Academics take a back seat to sports, Always. Out dated practices and philosophies are heavily noticeable. If you are a teacher who stays in their classroom, does not ask questions, agrees with everything, wants very little administrative support, are not worried about giving your students the very best education, then this is the district for you. Bottom line is as soon as the job market opens up people will run from this district. Don't take my word for it, get hired there.

Rosemead High School 5

Posted September 25, 2009
I am sad to read all of the student comments. I had a son graduated in 2004 and I loved the school! He went on to a 4 year University. We transferred from a private middle school and I was quite afraid to be honest, however it was the best thing ever. My experience with the principal was outstanding. In fact I felt that it offered more programs than private school if you ask and get involved. The Administration was very pleasant and helpful. My son participated in student council all four years and was accepted to various Uniersities. My recommendation for the students who are having a bad experience is 'get involved show the teachers you do care and if possible have your parents be involved too!' Rosemead is a great school in my opinion.

Rosemead High School 1

Posted September 19, 2009
I'm a student, transferred in 2008. I was originally supposed to go to South El Monte, but because of SEM was a PI school I transferred out. Now, Rosemead is a PI school also, and SEM is offering some higher classes than Rosemead is. SEM also got Agendas, while Rosemead didn't because of the 'budget cuts'. Few teachers accually care. Very few can even teach. We always have to learn on our own.

9063 East Mission Drive, Rosemead, CA  91770-4411
Last modified Rosemead High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.