Roseville, CA

Posted March 20, 2014
First day of preschool orientation I got red flags from this school when the principal slipped up on stage admitting how some teachers are excited to be leaving soon" and finnally get out of here" and mentioning how "theyer all jealous. "And "can't wait to leave. "The deal braker is when I let my kid do their "lunch bunch " after hours program and found my 4year old on the play ground alone because the teacher forgot him! luckily I was nearby and saw her entering the classroom down the hall with the rest of the children while my child was locked alone on the play ground completely unsupervised. It was inexcusable she had a list of all the kids she should have with her to take roll but didn't,also I believe in helping your kids at home to help fortify their education but when you pay this much you shouldn't feel like you're doing all the teaching. My kid already knew his ABCs and sounds and how to cout to 20 But the teacher admits she doesn't enforce learning sight words which is required to get into their kindergarten. This school isn't worth the money I picked it because it looked safe and they proved otherwise very disappointed we will be going else where for kindergarten.

Adventure Christian 3

Posted December 04, 2013
Administratively the school is well run and organized; they keep parents well informed and much of the info is accessible online (super convenient.) I love that the kids and staff are all in uniform (looks great and is a safety feature) but dislike that the campus is not gated because its next to the church. Many of the teachers are enthusiastic and well meaning but not all are qualified (lack an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in education or related field.) So one year your child may get a great teacher that is engaged, creative, and well qualified, the next you may get a dud. Parental involvement is "welcome" but not all teachers utilize parents; currently you can participate 1 hour a week in your child's class. I'm a SAHM and continually ask if I can volunteer in my daughter's class, the teacher seems indifferent. Administration is responsive to parental feedback but you have to be diligent if you want resolution on a negative issue. The curriculum is average; most kids in TK are 5 and K are 6, that may account for higher test scores. Given the tuition I was expecting excellent, this being my 5th year here I would rate them slightly above average but not excellent.

Posted August 31, 2013
Administration is lacking the proper skills necessary to run this school. Bullying is rampant. Grace is given continually. Some teachers appear overwhelmed and deeply upset by the poor behavior of some students whom the grace card has been given so much that the students now know that there is no true discipline. So, if you want a lot of grace for your child and for your child to not be held accountable for any of their actions, this is the place to be. My child now attends a new school where bullying is not tolerated and children know that there are consequences for their behavior.

Posted July 05, 2012
My family has been blessed beyond measure by the opportunity to be part of the Adventure Christian School Family. My children have attended ACS since preschool and now I have one entering the junior high. Each year has provided growth both academically and spiritually. The staff is well educated, qualified and demonstrate love for all students. The teachers are also well supported by administration. ACS has small class sizes, teaching assistants, a beautiful facility and collaboration amongst teachers. In addition, they offer special classes that are being cut from many public school programs such as, computers, science, Spanish, P.E. and music. ACS offers an excellent and competitive education. In talking with parents of graduates it is great to hear how well prepared and successful they are. These graduates are becoming leaders in their new schools and return often to serve and support ACS long after graduating. I believe that is because ACS is more than a school, it is family. I agree with the previous review. We have invested wisely in our children's education. Worth every PENNY and more!

Posted July 04, 2012
This will be our children's sixth year attending Adventure Christian School. At first we intended only to enroll in their preschool program but loved the school and the way each teacher / aide loved on our children. My children are challenged each and every day... Our intention is to keep our children at Adventure through 8th grade...keeping our fingers crossed for the addition of a high school! It is worth very PENNY!!!!

Posted July 03, 2012
Worth every PENNY and more! We could not be more blessed than to have found a school like Adventure. We find such value in that their test scores are compared to the National Average, (not just to performance in the state of California which ranked 30th in the nation in 2011 if you do your research). While at Adventure, our children have been encouraged to grow spiritually while being taught strong academics. I was surprised to read what the person wrote below because that was not our experience at all. It was my understanding that private schools are not required to have credentialed teachers and being a family of Adventure for many years now, over 90% of Adventure's teachers are credentialed - something we looked at as well. The school is a private Christian school, so I expect Christan character traits such as faithfulness, diligence, forgiveness, and grace to be taught. Thank you Adventure for providing a place for my kids to be challenged in their academics without compromising the loving and encouraging atmosphere kids need to be surrounded by to thrive.

Posted June 13, 2012
This school is a complete waste of money! They act like they have a top notch education but they have a lower standard of education than the public schools. They keep talking about giving "grace" to the students but all they are doing is raising a bunch of undereducated, unprepared students for high school and college. Kids are passed to the next grade when they shouldn't be. The teachers, some who have credentials and some don't, are very weak and more worried about hurting the kids' feelings rather than teaching them. They actually don't use red pens to mark papers because they say that it is too "negative" and they don't want to hurt the kids' feelings. I have had experiences when a teacher has given "grace" on tests and homework so as not to hurt the feelings. How are kids supposed to learn like this?? I have spoken to other parents who have had the same experiences and are pulling their kids out too. I pay the expensive tuition for my child to be educated and prepared for the real and competitive world. I don't want "grace". Not worth the money they charge. Turns out the local charter and public schools in the area having a better eduation and are free!

Posted March 02, 2012
We have had a wonderful experience at Adventure. The staff is very qualified and loves the kids. The new building and expanded computer technology is amazing. Any issues we have had generally have more to do with parent's who don't understand that this is a Christian school, not a just a "private" school and there is a statement of faith that is more than just a piece of paper you sign to get your child in....I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a warm, loving environment for your child to develop their minds and their spiritual growth.

Posted November 09, 2011
Adventure Christian is absolutely amazing. Our kids have grown leaps and bounds since we started attending this school. Our children's teachers are so informative, loving and truly care about our kids. The admin staff is just as amazing as the teachers. There are so many opportunities for parents to be involved. ACS has been one of the biggest blessings!

Posted August 25, 2011
Sadly, my family has been through a very negative enrollment process ending with the rejection of my son from Kindergarten, before they even started, for not being qualified!?! I do not support redshirting and really know the ability of my child. Though the facility is nice there seems to be a very obvious bias. Please beware when searching for the best school, they definitely did not have a family structured environment to support the children.

Adventure Christian