K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

For our multi-student family, this has been an excellent educational experience. Our children are performing well above standards and what would be expected, and we see them growing into responsible, caring people who love God and love people. It is difficult to get enrolled, and important to start in preschool in order for one's child to more likely become enrolled into kindergarten and beyond. I fear that some are posting quite negative comments after not making it through enrollment (being angered by that), rather than actually experiencing this school and its caring staff and faculty. Also, as it is a religious-based school, some may be attacking it with negative comments simply for that reason, not even having had children attend here. I am a parent, and our children do attend here. We (both) cry when we watch them at various performances and events, so amazing and high quality are they, with a spiritual sense of God's love...it is evident that they are getting our money's-worth and a lot more. We would have our children attend here before any other school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I could go on for a long while about how truly effective the teachers our children have had are. But I won't. They simply are very effective. Our children wake up in the morning and WANT to go to school. They miss it during the summer, and on Christmas break, and tell us emphatically. That should be a major indicator.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's tempting to answer this as "not enough" or else "too much" as others have. Yet, how can one really know what the "right amount" is? We're not swamped with homework. Yes, there is often homework, most often daily, and sometimes it takes a good while (30 minutes to over an hour) to complete. That seems like a healthy amount, for young students. I think a lot of parents will just have different impressions of this based on their own schooling experiences.

Develops character: Strongly agree

These aspects are central to this school's reputation as a private religious school. Children are being pulled apart by society today, and honesty, integrity, and fairness are hard to find in so many settings with children in the general public. I don't see these problems, or hardly ever, when attending events at the school, and it is evident that the staff and faculty are not only instilling these, but also demonstrating them in a way that is absorbed by the students.

Develops character: Neutral

The school has a great Biblical base. Integrity is taught, but the students behave like public school students.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers appear to follow some standards, but because it is a private school they follow christian school guidelines and some public school standards. They tell you that they go above and beyond, but that's not true.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It can also be too much depending on the teacher. Some grades have project after project. Some barely have homework.

This school doesn't prepare your child for middle school or high school for that matter. My child will not be returning in the fall. The school says is teaches using project based learning. Some projects are used in some grades. It all depends on the teacher. Some use too many projects and exhaust the parents and others use none. Two years in a row there has been a massive amount of teachers/staff quit.

First day of preschool orientation I got red flags from this school when the principal slipped up on stage admitting how some teachers are excited to be leaving soon" and finnally get out of here" and mentioning how "theyer all jealous. "And "can't wait to leave. "The deal braker is when I let my kid do their "lunch bunch " after hours program and found my 4year old on the play ground alone because the teacher forgot him! luckily I was nearby and saw her entering the classroom down the hall with the rest of the children while my child was locked alone on the play ground completely unsupervised. It was inexcusable she had a list of all the kids she should have with her to take roll but didn't,also I believe in helping your kids at home to help fortify their education but when you pay this much you shouldn't feel like you're doing all the teaching. My kid already knew his ABCs and sounds and how to cout to 20 But the teacher admits she doesn't enforce learning sight words which is required to get into their kindergarten. This school isn't worth the money I picked it because it looked safe and they proved otherwise very disappointed we will be going else where for kindergarten.

Administratively the school is well run and organized; they keep parents well informed and much of the info is accessible online (super convenient.) I love that the kids and staff are all in uniform (looks great and is a safety feature) but dislike that the campus is not gated because its next to the church. Many of the teachers are enthusiastic and well meaning but not all are qualified (lack an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in education or related field.) So one year your child may get a great teacher that is engaged, creative, and well qualified, the next you may get a dud. Parental involvement is "welcome" but not all teachers utilize parents; currently you can participate 1 hour a week in your child's class. I'm a SAHM and continually ask if I can volunteer in my daughter's class, the teacher seems indifferent. Administration is responsive to parental feedback but you have to be diligent if you want resolution on a negative issue. The curriculum is average; most kids in TK are 5 and K are 6, that may account for higher test scores. Given the tuition I was expecting excellent, this being my 5th year here I would rate them slightly above average but not excellent.

Last modified Adventure Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-8