George A. Buljan Middle School 2

Posted April 24, 2014
We have attended Buljan for almost two years now. My daughter now thinks that she should wear as little clothing as possible, has been repeatedly "bullied" by mean girls and the principal has not been helpful with the situation. We have enjoyed the AVID program but will not miss it when we transfer to a different school next year.

Posted April 10, 2014
This school has been crossed upon as, "a great school" "best education." & people believe that until the actually go to this school. Discipline is horrible. Kids dress inappropriate. Foul lain gauge occurs daily. It's become a school of disrespect. The teachers rely on the kids to do every assignment. But what they haven't realized, is some kids go home with pages of homework from OTHER classes. The principal told the students "Bullying is an overused word." When in fact, bullying isn't. And when they go to take care of the problem. They do nothing. I'm soon to be happy to live out of this school's district. Because I am completely tired of the lack of respect for students & parents.

Posted June 05, 2013
This school is the worst school my son has ever been to. The girls dress inapropriately. There are drugs throughout the school. A complete lack of discipline and leadership. Kids making out and grabing each other at the nearby park imediately after school. When you address the issues with the principal, there is little to NO action taken. I am astounded that this school is so bad! I wouldn't even give this school 1 star if I didn't have to in order to warn other parents about this school.

George A. Buljan Middle School 3

Posted May 26, 2013
Buljan is an OK school with respect to education and discipline. The staff is nice and kids are safe under Mr.Gunn . But if you are looking forward to challenge your kid this is not the best middle school. The so called GATE program extends to lot of kids who are not GATE and the actual GATE kids get lost and are neglected. No matter what the reputation of the school, lot of your kid's education lies in the teacher s hand who handles them in those years. Yes like the other parent has commented, your kid will benefit if she flaunts in shorts or minis, look and act chic rather than be studios. If your GATE kid needs to be challenged, then this is falls way too short with self-absorbed teachers at least in the lower grades.

George A. Buljan Middle School 2

Posted April 25, 2013
I am a first year parent at George Buljan Middle School. I thought that this was going to be a great school however I am not impressed. The education my child received for 6th grade was very similar to his 5th grade curriculum. The biggest dissappointment of all is that the students have no disclipne. The students dress inappropriately and seem to have no respect for the rules or staff. There aren't many fights or bullies. This school has become a microcosm of the culture at large and all the problems and pressures kids face. Our modern culture is increasingly making the young old before their time. The lack of disclipne is alarming. If you try to get involved as a parent you get the bare minimum effort and the brush off after that. I expected more from such a nice city.

George A. Buljan Middle School 5

Posted December 18, 2012
I am very impressed with this school. They have up to date technology and equipment. The school is small with a really effecient library. My 2 daughters attend this school and enjoy the math classes the most. The teacher here are very creative in styles of teaching, to help the students learn in a fun way. My daughters also love science taught at Buljan.

Posted June 11, 2012
I agree with the other parents who state that the students do not get sufficient help from the teachers, and that the goal of the teachers and the administrators seems to be to shift all of the responsibility onto the parents. I will note that there are a few exceptions -- those rare teachers who do care about the students and want them to succeed. However, by and large, most of the teachers show little concern for the students. They routinely use failings grades as a means of "teaching a lesson" to students who are having difficulty keeping up, frequently without so much as an email or call to the parent to let them know there is a problem. Further, neither the principal nor the District staff do anything to respond to complaints and concerns from parents. I contacted the principal on several occasions with serious concerns, and NEVER got one response. There is no accountability whatsoever. The focus is on making sure the child in class so they get their funding. Neither the teachers nor administrators are concerned with the quality of the education they are providing or with the satisfaction of the public constituents they are supposed to serve.

George A. Buljan Middle School 5

Posted March 14, 2012
I am a student attending Buljan Middle School (currently in eighth grade), and I LOVE this school! When I first came to this school, I had bad grades and I didn't care about anything that had even the slightest bit to do with school, but because of the teachers here at Buljan I raised my grades from c's and d's up to a's and b's. I will tell you from personal experiences that not only do the teachers here respect their students, but they actually care about them, and will do whatever they can to help them achieve the most that they possibly can.We all have crazy school pride and it almost makes me mad to see the bad comments about this wonderful school. :)

Posted May 24, 2011
I talk from experience... this school is a great school for your child if: *you allow your child to wear extra short shorts *use inappropriate language *have boy/girlfriends * focused on drama instead of school *respect teachers who rarely respect you *allow your child to get worse grades than they did in the previous school As you can see, this school is NOT a good school for you and your child and i hope you choose a different one. and i was there when CONDOMS were found right under the picnic benches in the six grade area. Do not choose this School.

Posted December 14, 2010
I am a parent. This is a VERY bad school. Teachers don't care, Kids are mean, they bullied my kid, CONDOMS were found at this school, (under a lunch table) There are childhood thiefs here, (they stole my kid's clothes 7 times!) And teachers rely on the teachers too much and don't help the kids, and too overcrowded.

George A. Buljan Middle School
100 Hallissy Drive, Roseville, CA  95678
Last modified George A. Buljan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George A. Buljan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top