Public charter
Sacramento, CA

Posted October 01, 2013
This is a school that requires students to think. They learn without knowing it. It's fun and

Posted September 30, 2013
My daughter started at New Tech as a freshman and will graduate this year class of 2014. I strongly recommend New Tech as a place that will help your child to grow in many ways - not just academics. New Tech's long school day (&;45 am to 3:45 pm) mimics the kind of work day our kids can expect when they enter the world of work. The expectations for independent work, self-advocacy and cooperation with peers are high. My daughter is an accomplished presenter thanks to New Tech, confident when meeting new people or making her case about something with an adult. The teachers have consistently supported and helped her with one-on-one tutoring and flexibility when she was struggling. She has significant LD's and had a concussion her sophomore year that caused her to miss 2 months of school. But with the help of the teachers and her own persistence she got through it all and has a 3.25 GPA. This year she's taking physics and pre-calc (her LD's make math very hard) and she's carrying a B. I strongly endorse New Tech's approach and recommend it highly.

New Technology High School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
2013 Graduate. I attended this school for 2 years and had a rewarding experience here. The school is very small which is a plus. Staff actually have time to assist you when needed. They aim high for achievement. Failing is not an option. If you want a successful future and plan on pursuing further education after graduating, then I would highly recommend this school. I'm most grateful to have attaended this school. THANK YOU NEW TECH!

Posted August 25, 2013
I had 2 kids gradute from this school within the past 2 years. This school has teachers that actually care about providing a great education to get your child the education they deserve. Both my kids are now attending UCLA. This school geers the students into college and achieving their goals. Thank you New Tech!

New Technology High School 1

Posted March 03, 2013
My family was pulled to this school because of the project based approach and the idea of a small school community. We thought it might be a good fit for our son. Sadly, there were too many drawbacks for us to seriously consider this school so, after a semester, we pulled our son out. There are some good teachers and, as I've said, the project based idea is attractive but it is the students who are the main issue. The project based idea is not properly executed. Students do not need to learn the material, content competency is unnecessary, and grades are formulated almost exclusively on work ethic. What that means is that students do not need to really understand English, math or other subjects but they can simply complete homework and pass the class. Cheating is rampant under this system since students wait until the last minute to get work completed (there is no penalty for late work) and students work the system to pass the class.

Posted June 23, 2011
After attending the school for four years and have graduated in the top five of my Senior class of 2011, I am happy to say I am proud I attended SNTHS. The system the school works under is "PBL," or project based learning. Courses are taught through projects where students work in teams to complete a project assigned, later to present in front of the class to demonstrate what they have learned over the course of the project. The system is far more engaging than the traditional textbook system because it allows to critically think and work with other people to solve problems, which is made to reflect a workplace environment. The teachers are all very helpful, each one willing to work with every individual student to help them pass they classes. Although students might become rowdy at times, teachers are quick to solve the situation, and the manner they do it fully demonstrates the teacher's ability to work with students. The school's counselors and office staff are very helpful in getting you ready for college and internships, making the process much more easier so students can get a step ahead into college. I fully recommend this school to anyone who wants to succeed.

Posted June 16, 2011
I absolutely love New Tech. I am now a Senior and enjoy every moment I spend there. It is literally my second home and I am happy I made the choice to go there. There are always fun activities, a great learning environment, amazing teachers/staff, and great students.

Posted October 27, 2010
New Tech is a wonderful small school that trumps all other high schools with it's innovative project-based learning system, community-like society, and hard-working teachers who really care about their students.

Posted October 27, 2010
I am a senior at SNTHS. I have been going to New Tech since my freshmen year. I love this school. The relationship I have with my teachers is amazing. I feel that I can always come to them for advice. The work environment is very calm and relaxing, which appeals to me and my personality. The things I learned at New Tech will stay with me forever. I will miss this school when I am gone.

Posted September 13, 2010
My daughter is now a Junior and began as a freshman. I am very comfortable with her attending this school. The are unlike any school I have ever experienced and the fact that the kids of all kinds can be comfortable here is very refreshing. I am sure there are remarks and kids making fun of others (as there are "different" types here) but for the most part, I love that they can all be in one place and manage to interact. This is what the real word is about and when they are in the working environment, students will be well prepared. My daughter may struggle a bit as the classes are difficult but it only makes them work harder to acheive their potential. I would not want my daugher attending any other school. Most teachers are wonderful. Principal is great!

New Technology High School
1400 Dickson Street, Sacramento, CA  95822
Last modified New Technology High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Technology High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top