Bad
Good

The classroom teachers (K/1 & 2/3) were patient, supportive and caring with my child who was slow to start. They were willing to provide the extra help needed. However, improvement is definitely in need on the yard like additional staff members and training on how to handle incidents on the yard. This also goes for the Soar (after school program - extension of school) staff. The staff almost never see the incident and then it is handled poorly. I no longer felt it was a safe environment so my child no longer attends.

Comparing my son to other kids his age, he reads better and his vocabulary is astonishing.

My daughter is in Kinder in the Sac State class with Ms.Aldrich and I absolutely love her teacher and the school! I started her out at Alice Berney which is a Waldorf inspired school but she wasnt being challenged enough so when CHA called and told me they had a spot for her I jumped on it. She started in late December not being able to read or write and by April she was reading at 1st grade level and has caught up to the rest of her class. Her math skills and reasoning skills are also well devloped. It has been such an amazing experience and I wish that Ms. Aldrich was her teacher forever! My daughter knows about universities and has even asked to do research with me about possible universities for her to attend when its time, between the support her father and I provide at home and the support at school she is exceling far beyond my expectations. Thank you CHA!

I have 4 children at this school, and I do love it. I have never met a pricipal that knows every single childs names, and knows them as people, not just a face in the crowd. One of my daughters is dyslexic. Thank you Mrs. Boyer for helping her, she couldn,t have done it wihout you. Ms. Tam! thank you for filling in the foundation of my daughters education and success in her life. The teachers here are ones you will never forget. The only thing I don't like about the school is that the lunch lady is on a power trip! and thinks she runs the school. I do love this school, it is awesome, and these children will go to college!

CHA didn't meet my expectations. The homework my son was sent home with was commonly littered with errors he was expected to learn specifically on the English portions. The homework often had missed punctuation and improper sentence structures more than anything. Worse than the homework, which was excessive (it was common to take my son 2 hours to complete it), was the billing. There is a clear racial bias against white children. My son came home with ruined shoes, stories of how he was punched in the stomach and called names. My son and I were often told that the billing child was under stress at home and that the school was aware of the children's behavior. They do not live up to their no bullying policy, I'm glad we left this school. My son was miserable. :(

CHA got bst teachers. My son's teacher took time to teach my son. He had troble learning at public school and never got help that he needed. Every since he change to this school, he learn so much and he made great progress. Principal is great too. School is not located to nice area and school is old but I feel safe. I am so greatful for teachers and principal at this school! I love CHA!

I thought this school would be great. I like the uniform policy, small class size, and thier interest in preparing the children for 'college'! This school is great for people who don't normally instill educational values and discipline at home. My child hasn't learned that much and the curriculum is too repetitive. They are not preparing them for college of the future, maybe the college of 10 years ago.

My son loves this school. The entire staff are dedicated to the growth of each student. Each day the Principal & Teachers instill the need to strive towards college. Classes are named after colleges instead of 2,3,4th etc. With the small student body it is easy to know staff and other parents. This is important to me. I think we will be apart of the CHA family for a while.

CHA is the best school I've ever been to. The teachers are great, and by the end of the year, the class feels like a family. The principle is strict, but he does what's right. It's small, but it's the best school for kids who want to grow in their knowledge.

I love this school. They have inspired my children to always do their best in not just homework but in life. They always come home feeling accomplished instead of discouraged. Great job CHA Staff!!!

Last modified Aspire Capitol Heights Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.