Posted June 27, 2013
Our daughter has attended MCD for one year now, and we are completely satisfied. Being that we are both educators, we are extremely sensitive to our children's schools. When our daughter started MCD she had had two not-so-good experiences at other preschools. But at MCD, her experience has been positive from day one. The class is diverse linguistically and culturally as well as by student "ability." It is a truly "inclusive" classroom. MCD, by far, has been the best school we have had our children in. Our daughter has flourished and grown tremendously. At four and a half years old she is reading, writing, doing math and has an appetite for learning which amazes us. We recommend MCD without ANY reservations.

Posted July 28, 2012
For the past 35 years, I have had the pleasure of leading a school community of children, parents, teachers and staff at Montessori Country Day. We have created a unique, child centered learning environment, based upon the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, that challenges each child according to his or her individual skill level. Our goal is to prepare children for life and help them develop the academic, social and emotional skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Pamela Lynn, Founder

Posted July 19, 2012
My child has been with the school alittle over a year. The transition was difficult for him at first, but once he settled into the cirriculum he started functioning great. He is learning to read and write at four years old. Most children that leave the school for kindergarten can read and write. I cannot say this for myself, my wife, or older children. My son can verbally express himself better than most of the non-montessori kids we encounter outside of school. Most of the teachers have been at the school 10 plus years and are comitted to the montessori method. Montessori my not be right for all children, but it was right for mine

Montessori Country Day 2

Posted July 18, 2010
We were very unhappy with this school. Staff turnover was extremely high, classroom is 36 children, and it doesn't seem like all children are treated equally. My child became increasingly unhappy and did not want to attend school any longer. Only the head teacher can give a lesson and the assistants are not to interact in any teaching. The problem is that with 36 children in a classroom, the teacher does not have the time to attend to each child daily. With Montessori the child learns alone on little rugs on the ground. They have to whisper and there is no large group teaching or interaction. My child would go days without an individual lesson from the teacher. When I tried to discuss with the teacher and principal, they put it back on my child as if it were her problem. I would not recommend this school.

Posted April 14, 2010
We love this school! True Montessori program with fantastic teachers and staff. It is pricey, but we feel it's well worth it.

Posted March 31, 2009
Really nice school. One of my children goes here and the other attends the Bergamo elementary. For parents looking for a high quality Montessori preschool, this is, by far, the best choice. I agree with the person below that it is not a good option for children with special needs (ADHD, autism, etc.). The classrooms are child centered and allow children the freedom to explore the curriculum based on their interest, so children who have impulse control/behavior issues usually don't last very long - the school does a good job at educating people before applying, so thankfully that doesn't happen a whole lot.

Montessori Country Day 3

Posted October 08, 2008
The education is good, but not very fun. They cannot handle children with special needs. They drummed my son out of there in a hurry.

Posted March 30, 2006
I have two children at this school and can't say enough good things about it. My five year old has thrived in his almost three years here. He has done well socially and academically. My two year old is in the toddler room and runs to his teacher enthusiastically every morning. The teachers are warm and conscientious. The building and yard are well-kept. The classroom materials are extensive and up to date. They follow a very traditional Montessori method and they do it well.

Montessori Country Day
7575 Rush River Drive, Sacramento, CA  95831
(916) 427-1900
Last modified Montessori Country Day is a Private school
Montessori Country Day Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.