Sacramento, CA
Students enrolled: 1,828

Posted June 10, 2014
I'm glad my husband and I made a wise decision moving to the Sacramento area a few months ago. We decided to put our son at LBHS.. At first I was hesitant and letting him explore the experience he love being there. He is a freshman and loves coming home with no or little homework. Everything is done at school and having him attending there has made him change academically drastically. He's raised his grades and increase his GPA.. I am so proud that my child is mentally happier being here..

Posted September 13, 2012
Luther Burbank is the best school evaaaaaaaa! Yeaah! Go Titans. We are the best. PS; this is not from a Burbank student.

Posted September 13, 2012
Luther Burbank High School is the best kept secret in SCUSD! The school is structured in small learning communities which affords smaller class sizes, high accountability and it affords teacher and students to build respectful relationships with each other. The after school program is exceptional. Students and teachers work together to create a successful and challenging academic environment; work to encourage a culture of respect and service to the community. Students in the Law & Social Justice Academy are youth leaders in the community and provide invaluable services to many govt agencies and communnity based organizations through their dedication to community service. The ASB students capture the true spirit of self-discipline and dedication. They enhance the high school experience for all LBHS students. The after school Teen CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) program is the most robust and active Teen CERT program in the Sacramento area providing students the opportunity to train and deliver assistance during emergency situations. The students and adult leaders across the campus are truly dedicated to securing success for our community's youth. Go TITANS!

Posted February 17, 2012
I graduated from there June 13, 1969, sixth season since opening September 1963. Already then the school was in trouble in more ways than one; last time I stepped foot on campus was March 31, 2000, felt like was walking into Folsom Prison, really scary!

Luther Burbank High School 4

Posted January 27, 2011
Although this school is not the best school, I sincerely believe that it has progressed significantly throughout the years. I am currently a senior attending Luther Burbank High School. At first, I was hesitant to attend this school. However, I now strongly believe it was one of the greatest choices I've made in my school career thus far. Due to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, students now have the option to take rigorous and academically challenging classes. Not only has the academic classes improved, the community in the school itself has progressed. When I see the students, I see motivation. I see future leaders. This is also evident within the amount of new clubs and after school programs that are now available on campus because of the dedication of the students and caring staff that use their time to make it possible. In addition, I believe our unique diversity of students also contributes to the richness of this campus. Just because it isn't the best school doesn't mean that it will forever be handicapped. It doesn't mean that progression is impossible. Change can happen.

Posted December 14, 2010
I was a student at Luther Burbank High School when it was an okay school. It has progressively gotten worse. The students that do manage to escape LBHS are grossly unprepared for college. I was in the AP program with a 3.7 GPA, and still needed to take remedial math courses in college. The AP courses were not challenging, and they chased away the good teachers. Do not send your children to this school, they will spend the rest of there adult lives playing catch-up.plus alot of Gang,Violence,Drugs etc... Dont Want Your Child Going To This Nasty Dirty School!

Luther Burbank High School 4

Posted November 08, 2009
It's a cool school had a bad reputation but it shoudn't we have been getting better and improved overall have gained alot of friends and learned alot so come to Burbank you will enjoy it GO TITANS!!!!

Luther Burbank High School 3

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted January 18, 2009

Luther Burbank High School
3500 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA  95823
Last modified Luther Burbank High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luther Burbank High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top