Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

took my son to school 10 min to 8:30 and the principle told my son to wait outside of the open gate because they will not let kids in early and then she told me im front of my son if i drop him off early and he gets kidnapd it wasnt the school problem because parents should not drop them off a couple min early then she said if i have a problem with it go make a complaint she needs to be fired

Amount of homework: no rating

Inconsistent. Teachers told us they would be giving homework and yet I only see it occasionally. Who knows? I've asked other parents and they have offered the same opinion.

They bully and shame the children. When I have tried to address the issues they blame the parent, the child, the schedule etc. No one takes responsibility for their job here. They are educators, but they seem to think they know better than everyone else without regard for the community. Teachers are very inconsistent and unprofessional. The principal is unresponsive for the most part, likes to do the "it's all about me" attitude. In general, very disgusted at their behavior in general.

I am going to let the scores speak for them selves. Go to the test scores on the left hand side open and read. Please remember that you are looking at. The bar charts below tell what percentage of students are performing at or above grade-level. that is a quote from the page. Remember at or above! Now do a tiny bit of math. If 58% of students are at or above then 42% of students are below or shall we say failing. Just have a look at the numbers that way and it will tell you just how poor this school is doing. The average is 60% passing and 40% not passing. Remember NOT PASSING. Not at grade average, below standard, failing. Your odds then are 4 kids out of 10 are below state average. Now what do you think of the school.

My daughter has been going to James Marshall for 2 years now - I am really considering on transferring her to a different school, I read the reviews before but I wanted to give the school and staff the benefit of the doubt since it is situational and different for everyone but I have actually experienced various problems with the staff throughout the two years that my daughter has been going to James Marshall. The principle along with her minions including Tina are complete joke! On one occasion, they had drop the ball when my daughter needed to be sent home due to an emergency but instead of following protocols, they don't know how to handle the situation, could be pure laziness or they just don't know what "professionalism" is - The reviews are here for a reason and the district need to do something about the principle and the staff here, do a random evaluation where they don't expect it and see what is really going on behind close doors. It is sad, when a situation arises and when confronted with the situation, they show no respect or concern for the students whatsoever - can you just imagine what it's really like when the kids are in a one on one conversation with them?

Bad experience . I would suggest patents to visit School district to confirm. Principle and lady at the office Named Tina are unprofessional. My son was supposed to start school there went on the day school started his name was cancelled from the list. Very rude and unprofessional .

after reading other parents reviews of this school ;before my child started in 2012, I was did not have a positive way of thinking about this school. Once the school was put on the list of schools that could have been closed and I saw how the community of Rosemont rallied around this school to save it from being closed, I started to notice all the positive qualities. I hope for my two younger kids to receive Mrs Bridgham for kindergarten she is an awesome teacher and has taught my oldest a lot. I look forward to seeing my kids grow at this school.

This is a great school. The staff is outstanding. The kids are very safe. The staff does parking lot control before and after school to ensure saftey for the kids. They have a great ptg alwya planning events for the year.

I wish I had listened to all of the bad reviews about this school.If you send your child her,make sure you put a recorder on them or they risk being the target of abuse.If you file complaint,they will terrorize your child in retaliation & everyone up to the district will disregard proof/complaints,say you & your child are the problem,& tailor their lies to fit any new proof that is presented.Even the staff that knows what is going on who seem to show some guilt do not have enough backbone to protect the kids.They tell the kids that their parents can't help them & that it is not important how they feel about discipline.Any request you make to protect your child like requesting that you be present when child being questioned,they deliberately speak to them alone & threaten consequences for obeying parent over staff & coerce them into confessions.They administer unusual punishments not documented & then lie about their existence when questioned by press.Yard Duties scream in their faces.One staff member quit due to the treatment of students.My daughter has thrown up at night from dread of going there.There is no protection for students or parents rights.Pray one with ethics/power come

My 6th grader ended up being bused to this school when the elementary school she should have attended was full when we moved to Sacramento. Although I couldn't believe the School District was making her ride "the short bus" for 45 mins to and from school, we actually had a very rewarding experience with James Marshall. I have to say that the school Secretary was hands-down THE BEST at the entire school --- or any school my kids have ever attended. It was so apparent that she loves her job. She took my daughter to the cafeteria and found her a buddy to partner with for the day. My daughter's teacher was wonderful as well. She's off to middleschool this coming year, but we'll miss James Marshall.

Last modified James Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.