Sacramento, CA

James Marshall Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2014
My daughter has been going to James Marshall for 2 years now - I am really considering on transferring her to a different school, I read the reviews before but I wanted to give the school and staff the benefit of the doubt since it is situational and different for everyone but I have actually experienced various problems with the staff throughout the two years that my daughter has been going to James Marshall. The principle along with her minions including Tina are complete joke! On one occasion, they had drop the ball when my daughter needed to be sent home due to an emergency but instead of following protocols, they don't know how to handle the situation, could be pure laziness or they just don't know what "professionalism" is - The reviews are here for a reason and the district need to do something about the principle and the staff here, do a random evaluation where they don't expect it and see what is really going on behind close doors. It is sad, when a situation arises and when confronted with the situation, they show no respect or concern for the students whatsoever - can you just imagine what it's really like when the kids are in a one on one conversation with them?

Posted September 04, 2013
Bad experience . I would suggest patents to visit School district to confirm. Principle and lady at the office Named Tina are unprofessional. My son was supposed to start school there went on the day school started his name was cancelled from the list. Very rude and unprofessional .

James Marshall Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
after reading other parents reviews of this school ;before my child started in 2012, I was did not have a positive way of thinking about this school. Once the school was put on the list of schools that could have been closed and I saw how the community of Rosemont rallied around this school to save it from being closed, I started to notice all the positive qualities. I hope for my two younger kids to receive Mrs Bridgham for kindergarten she is an awesome teacher and has taught my oldest a lot. I look forward to seeing my kids grow at this school.

Posted August 01, 2013
This is a great school. The staff is outstanding. The kids are very safe. The staff does parking lot control before and after school to ensure saftey for the kids. They have a great ptg alwya planning events for the year.

Posted June 10, 2013
I wish I had listened to all of the bad reviews about this school.If you send your child her,make sure you put a recorder on them or they risk being the target of abuse.If you file complaint,they will terrorize your child in retaliation & everyone up to the district will disregard proof/complaints,say you & your child are the problem,& tailor their lies to fit any new proof that is presented.Even the staff that knows what is going on who seem to show some guilt do not have enough backbone to protect the kids.They tell the kids that their parents can't help them & that it is not important how they feel about discipline.Any request you make to protect your child like requesting that you be present when child being questioned,they deliberately speak to them alone & threaten consequences for obeying parent over staff & coerce them into confessions.They administer unusual punishments not documented & then lie about their existence when questioned by press.Yard Duties scream in their faces.One staff member quit due to the treatment of students.My daughter has thrown up at night from dread of going there.There is no protection for students or parents rights.Pray one with ethics/power come

Posted August 28, 2012
My 6th grader ended up being bused to this school when the elementary school she should have attended was full when we moved to Sacramento. Although I couldn't believe the School District was making her ride "the short bus" for 45 mins to and from school, we actually had a very rewarding experience with James Marshall. I have to say that the school Secretary was hands-down THE BEST at the entire school --- or any school my kids have ever attended. It was so apparent that she loves her job. She took my daughter to the cafeteria and found her a buddy to partner with for the day. My daughter's teacher was wonderful as well. She's off to middleschool this coming year, but we'll miss James Marshall.

Posted May 31, 2012
Dangerous school! Children fight, cuss, and are rude to one another. Staff looks the other way. The principal is unprofessional, and demeans the children. She too,is very rude, with a negative attitude. Went to pu a friends kid from K, and they did not know me at all. I took her by the hand, and pulled her out of the line. NO ONE SAID A WORD. This school is not safe and secure for children. Awful school...awful staff.

Posted December 05, 2011
Horrible. My son was attacked by staff and then I was not notified till hours later. Your kids are not safe here!

Posted October 11, 2011
HELLOW MY NAME IS ANTHONY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN GIT SOME IMFORMTION OF MY FRIENDS BACK IN THE 2005 ITS BEN 6 YEARS THAT WE LOST CONNTACT I STILL REMEBER TWO OF MY NAMES THE FIRST ONE IS URIEL OBVIOUSLY ITS A BOY THE SECOND ONE IS A GIRL HERE NAME IS INYANNET SORRY PROBABLY I MISSPELLED BUT IT WILL BE GRATEFUL PROBABLY YOU THINK THIS IS DUM THINGKING OF A TEEN AGER BUT ITS REAL IMPORTANT FOR ME ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE AY URIEL THAT HE WAS LIVING BY SIDE OF THE SCHOOL IM SOW SORRY ABOUT THAT I CANT GIVE YO MORE INFO. BECOUSE THATS ALL A REMEBER BUT I KNOW THAT IF I SEE SOME PICTURES OF THEM BACK IN 2005 I WILL RECOGNIZE PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY FRIENDS

Posted December 30, 2010
At this school, it was a pretty lame elementary experience for me. There weren't a lot of extra-curricular activities. As soon as students found something fun to do, it would either be taken away or become regulated by the staff which ruined it. I remember being one of the "smart" students and being allowed to get ahead and move up in books like math. The teachers normally left us to learn all the stuff on our own without any help and I suffered from it. In 6th grade, I definitely wasn't ready to take on Geometry in Middle School. If it weren't for this, I would be in 2nd level calculus by now. It seemed like competitions between teachers/classes and quite often jealousy because some teachers were less loose than others. Sure the school actually earned education awards when I went but not it's way worse. If I were you, I wouldn't bother going here.

James Marshall Elementary School
9525 Goethe Road, Sacramento, CA  95827
Last modified James Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Marshall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top