Public charter
San Bernardino, CA
After care: No

Posted January 08, 2015
As for what the school offers, this school has had its fair share of "drama" but when you sit back to look where said drama comes from, it s usually from disgruntled parents. Teachers can only offer the tools and resources for students to learn. The child has to own his or her education. Take a personal interest in it and quit blaming everyone else for their short comings. There is after school tutoring and plenty of time for the child to ask for help. I don't think there is a single teacher there that won t help and or even go out of their way to help a student who asks for help. For a school run thru San Bernardino City Unified, this charter school is by far the best thing I believe I could have done for my children. My oldest has graduated and moved on to college and jumped into the working class, my middle child is right on target to do the same and I honestly hope my youngest decides to follow in their footsteps.

Posted December 15, 2014
This school has some great teachers and some not great teachers. The staff, not so great. They seem to forget who their clients are, the parents and the students. As far as this being a police, fire, and military school; well I haven't seen any of this actually happening this year. There is minimal if any interaction with military, fire, and police. I wanted an alternative to the massively over populated high schools in San Bernardino, and I thought this was going to be the place. I was wrong. I thought I was going to get a school that lived up to its mantra of integrity and respect. The staff does not practice what they preach. They have not worked with us in problem solving issues that have come up and they seem to be indifferent to our concerns and needs. There is no after school program anymore and what is offered as far as courses for high school is limited. I use to recommend this school to other parents. I don't anymore.

Public Safety Academy 4

Posted November 14, 2014
This school is a choice, and a better choice because in addition to learning math, reading, history, and the required general education subjects, they are taught the importance of self, community, morality, tolerance, respect, the things that are simply a hopeful afterthought in many public schools. Just as one parent wrote, I have reached out to teachers, and in return have been provided the utmost attention to my son's education AND well-being at PSA. You get what you put into it of-course, and as of 2014 the parent participation is coming back. Correctly stated previously, no school is perfect nor are there perfect teens, but this school exceeds my expectations in many ways and they do try to teach these kids what it means to respect. Thank you to all teachers, staff, parents who contribute to these young people.

Posted October 08, 2013
My overall opinion of this school is the education is poor and if You're looking for real police or fire morals then i suggest not putting your son/daughter through public safety academy. The staff is there weak point. Drama plays a big role in school.

Posted October 02, 2013
Just like every school, PSA has its shortcomings, but it has always been my experience that the teachers DO care about the cadets and the education they provide them. Any issues I've had I've brought to the attention of the appropriate personnel and I've always felt my concerns and/or suggestions were heard. Every teacher that my son has asked for additional assistance with school work has always made time to help him. PSA is a school of choice and it may not be the right choice for every child and/or parent but for the last four years it's been instrumental in building my son into a respectable young man. I really do believe in what the school stands for and I think that plays a role in why my son believes in the school too. They're not perfect but what school is? We (my husband and I), as parents know that we are responsible for creating a partnership with PSA so that our son can be successful there. 5 stars for the hardworking teachers and staff, principal leadership, and parents all working together to make it about..."WE"!!!

Posted September 09, 2013
PSA does NOT protect bullies, nor do we condone or tolerate any bullying. All issues of any nature are addressed immediately. We have incredible staff, student, and parent support! PSA ROCKS!

Public Safety Academy 1

Posted September 07, 2013
Principles do not know how to interact with children correctly. Education is very low at Public Safety Academy. Principal and other staff do not handle student Issues very well at all. He uniforms is a fake impression of the school.

Public Safety Academy 1

Posted September 06, 2013
Education is very poor at Public Safety Academy the staff of "5" discriminate against new comers. It has a server problem with bullying that they truly don't know how to handle. Staff protects students who bully. Staff is behind the bullying.

Posted November 26, 2011
I have to say I am not very pleased with this school. We sent our son there last year for the 7th grade, we liked uniforms and the focus on public safety. We like charter schools, because we have our youngest in one, and he has done very well. The focus on Police and Fire Fighters is what attracted us to this school, and also how they would teach respect and discipline. Unfortunately they are lacking in the education department, I was amazed how my 3rd grader would have more homework nightly then my, now, 8th grader. Needless to say, we are going to send him to our home school, which has very high test scores.

Posted June 24, 2011
My child is a 2011 graduate from PSA and has already passed the college entrance exams. I am very happy with the education from PSA.

Public Safety Academy
1482 East Enterprise Drive, San Bernardino, CA  92408
Last modified Public Safety Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Public Safety Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top