San Bernardino, CA
Students enrolled: 1,053

Golden Valley Middle School 1

Posted August 20, 2012
This school thought it was necessary to look into expelling a 13 year girl for having a picture of her military brother and a picture of her softball team on her notebook. They should try teaching. I would not recommend this school.

Posted April 22, 2011
Golden Valley is the Best school in San Bernardino, I attended this school in the early 90's now I had 2 daughter graduated from there & soon my son will be attending this school. Teacher & Staff are Great & very helpful I wouldn't send my kids to any other Middle school, Keep up the Great work G.V!

Golden Valley Middle School 3

Posted May 11, 2010
The school is great but they have a horrible after school program 'think together' the teachers there are not in control and have no authority over the students. One of the teachers is constantly yelling at any child that stands in her way, and she should not be working with teenages because she is rude and doesn't work well with anyone. I highly recomend you do not send your child to their afterschool program. Other than that everything is perfect.

Posted July 06, 2009
This school needs more involvement and they need to focus more on students and thier privacy.Other than that thier teachers are very bright and keep them undercontrol and help the students learn to a great extent that is the only way they get 4 stars.

Posted March 24, 2009
I have worked here for 16 years and 'A Knight always a knight' My own kids came here and are all married now doing great. I will miss the teachers. I have had the opportunity to help students and their children.

Posted June 09, 2008
They have very dedicated teachers and staff. Always kind and helpfull. Their sports program is excellent! Mr. McGerry is awesome! He is a wonderful coach. He takes coaching to the next level. My son truly respects him. As well as we all should! He has definately given 110%. Encouraging our fine, young students to be the best they can be and never give up!!! Thank you, for being a wonderful Mentor.. Sincerely, Kris 'former Knight'

Posted March 21, 2007
Overall this school is good. My daughter has great teachers who do a good job at keeping me updated. My major issue with the school is the lack of discipline. I worry about my daughter everyday and hope to be out of this area soon. The teachers really have a lot to deal with and can't control the students. They need parent help.

Posted January 04, 2007
Golden valley is the best school . I just graduated from their . she loved and she had great teachers and a great influence . Mr. Perlut and Mrs.Newton , and Mr.Mchesney are great educators . Mrs . Zilch is the best teacher at that school .Mr. Horde rules . I Loved them .

Posted September 20, 2006
We Love Golden Valley! If your child does what he/she are suppose to do then their is no problem. I really hate it when the parents blame the teachers and staff like the one parent below, instead of tracking their child like they should. GV gives the children the tools to succeed, they just have to use them.

Posted May 27, 2006
Golden Valley works very hard in improving the academics for the students. Music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities are a big thing at GV. GV has a terrific sports programs and the numerous trophies show for it. Parent involvement are shown every trimester with the 'student newspaper.' Golden Valley is a great place for students who want to succeed!

Golden Valley Middle School
3800 Waterman Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92404
Last modified Golden Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Valley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top