San Bernardino, CA

Parkside Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2014
My granddaughter attended Parkside last semester she was in kindergarten Ms. Johnsons's class she transferred from another state she was behind the class her teacher worked with her I saw a marked difference she did very well on assessment test and was promoted to 1st grade I am happy with our expierence at this school. A.Coleman

Parkside Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
My son has attended this school for the last 2 years and I must admit I am very unhappy with the teachers and the principal. I understand at one point in time this school was one of the best in the San Bernardino area however the lack of interest in their students well-being is the number one reason I have applied for a district transfer to Redlands. The Redlands School District ratings are no lower than a 7 out of 10. I knew Parkside would be rated lower but a 3 out of 10 tells me I am doing the right thing for my son by moving him elsewhere. Parents beware: Your children WILL NOT get the best education attending Parkside!

Parkside Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2009

Parkside Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2008
As principal of Parkside, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude towards my vice principal, certificated and classified staff members, students, parents, Superintendent Cabinet Members, Board Members, and the rest of the Parkside community for our 2008 CST and API success. Our collective efforts have proven that we are capable of focusing upon student achievement and moving the school towards the direction of sustained high academic success.

Parkside Elementary School 0

Posted August 08, 2008
To the lady who had three children attending the school it couldnt have been july 29, 2008, because we haven't had a women vice principal for over 2 1/2 years. Our current Principal is a male our current vice principal is a male and as far as security ,there has never been a campus secure as the one we have now at Parkside. Theres a constent presence of principal, vice principal,teachers and staff that are patroling the school. Im a parent of a fourth grader at Parkside. I also have older children who have attended Parkside when they were younger. So I have been actively involved with the school for over 21 years. This is the first time in 21 years where I can drop off my child off and just leave knowing that she is secure knowing that she is in good hands. Praise to the new Principal and vice.

Posted July 29, 2008
My three children all attend this school at this time. I have a fourth grade boy, a first grade boy and my daughter is in kindergarten. I am very happy with all the teachers that I have known since my oldest began attending Parkside four years ago. Each teacher has made an impact and there have been some situations that have proven to me that they ( the teachers ) are willing to go the extra mile. I feel it necessary to mention the Vice-Principal. She has been very helpful with my second son who can be a little dificult to handle at times. I am somewhat concerned about the apparent lack of security, and there have been a couple of incidents with my older son ( conflicts with other students ) which I believe may not have occured had there been a more visible adult presence on the playground.

Posted June 25, 2007

Posted May 09, 2005
2 out of the 3 teachers my child has had have made great attempts at reaching my child and my childs needs. This is a magnet school and there were programs available that I didn't know about. A great plus to this school is that there are many choices as to where your child can go for 6th grade. One is a prep school.

Parkside Elementary School 2

Posted March 29, 2005

Parkside Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2004
I have been very pleased with the curriculum in my childs kindergarten class at Parkside and my childs teacher awesome! I get the impression, though, that she may be the exception as opposed to the rule as far as the teachers go. In addition I find that there is a lack of overall discipline and supervision for the children as a whole particulary at lunchtime and recess. I have noticed a hundred or more students on the field with only one adult at the opposite side of the spectrum paying little if any attention. Bathrooms and halls are not patrolled and no one stops to ask woman or man for identification and reason for being on campus. As a parent concerned with predators and the safety of my child this worries me. The problems could be due to lack of funding as opposed to lack of concern from Parkside.

Parkside Elementary School
3775 North Waterman Avenue, San Bernardino, CA  92404
Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top