Posted February 23, 2010
King Chavez Academy of Excellence is such a stractured school! I love everything about it. My daughter is academically advanced thanks to the excellent teachers. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 07, 2009
No school is nad, it is what we as parents are willing to do to make it all it can be. I have a 1st grader and a pre-k student attending now. When my first child was in kindergarten last year, the teacher had no aide, so my husband and I took it upon ourselves to get a tb test and start volunteering. Not only did his teacher appreciated our work, but so did our son. It helped him so much that we understood what he went thru. As far as the rest of the staff, I love that they are strict and able to bend the rules. Zero tolerance! They mean it. If there is a problem, it is nipped in the bud fast. If we work with our childrens' teachers, who cares what the school lokks like. Take pride in the students work, not a building.

Posted March 23, 2009

King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence 1

Posted February 23, 2009

King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence 2

Posted November 04, 2008
King Chavez needs much improvement. I hope that with the new building alot of things work themselves out. This school does not have after school sports, a library, counselors like other middle school do. They are way behind.

King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence 1

Posted September 18, 2008
The area is depressing. There are too many childeren and not enough Quality teachers. The classrooms are unruly.

Posted June 13, 2008
Loved this school for my two boys. Staff is excellent.

King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence 4

Posted March 13, 2005

Posted November 18, 2004
King Chavez is a school that was born out of the community and the community is extremely involved and supportive. The teachers are very good with the kids and the academic standards are very high. My children recieved a great education and had once in a lifetime opportunites in the after school programs. They do this all from the foundation of love. They really do.

Posted May 04, 2004

King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence
2850 Logan Avenue, San Diego, CA  92113
Last modified King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King-Chavez Academy Of Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.