Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

CPMA has been an amazing school for me. It is nice seeing that are schools that focus in performing arts which I love. When I have children, I would want tem to go to this school.

I had the opportunity to experience many aspects of the school over a few days. If I had a child there, I'd pull him/her out immediately. Where to begin? Lots of bullying going on and not one adult reprimanded any of the kids for the myriad physicality I witnessed at the playing-around stage or the next level of bullying. Top-heavy with minority students, there are plenty of signs with platitudes of reminders to be good students, but are the adults afraid to hold kids accountable here? If I were in-charge, I'd close the school and start all over again. I'd keep one current administrator who is a favorite of the kids as well as many adults. The office is chaotic from the time you walk in and throughout the day. It was said that one long-time teacher recently just packed up and said "I've had it." But that's hearsay. (although I can see why this would happen) Classrooms are hot, with no ventilation, as is true of many of the SDUSD older schools. Additionally, this is next to huge electrical towers and you can hear the electricity zapping sound as you walk nearby, so I'll bet that has adverse implications for an environment that is already unhealthily hot in classrooms. In a couple of classes, no extra pencils or paper were to be had and students were told that they'd have to bring their own. Teachers Lounge unfolded the usual comments that are easily addressed; how difficult is it to show appreciation to those who work hard? To bring donuts to meetings? To not schedule meetings so early as to make it difficult to attend? I suspect that, like every school, it has its good and not-so-good teachers. Not going to judge those I'd met, but wasn't particularly impressed. The overall tone of the campus is not a happy, positive one. It is like a school that has changed its name in order to try for a newer, brighter image. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked.

Such a disappointment! Parents, beware!! This is not the school that they make it out to be. The students for the most part are out of control. The others get bullied. :(

My 6th grader loves the dance and music programs. He is looking forward to more electives, like theatre , next year. It's great that they audition the kids for electives so they are challenged. The new theatre is incredible and very professional. Best school theatre in the area, better than private schools. The teachers are energetic, positive and fun. Advanced placement classes are necessary if your kid is as academic as he or she is talented. It's a big school with a very diverse campus which is a great environment for artists.

I sent my daughter here for 8th grade and it was the best decision we've ever made. The teachers truly understand kids who are creative and unique, and the school promotes and encourages students to excel in the arts as well as academically. The students that go to this school are pretty great too, and we did not have a problem with any bullying. My daughter loved this school so much and was very sad to leave. This school has got some SOUL, which I just didn't see at any of the other regular schools.

im a mom and my child goes to CPMA she is very happy she has learned a lot she wants to become a Actress im very Proud of her :) I LUV CPMA

Amazing school,My daughter is in sixth grade and she LOVES this school.She has made so many friends,and the teachers are so engaged in teaching she has had a ton of fun and im looking forward for next year.Dont listen to the bad reviews this is an AMAZING school.

This school is horrible. The staff does absolutely nothing about the bullying. Don't ever send your child to this school- an alumni student

I'm and eighth grader at CPMA and this is my first year here. I have to say its way better than my other school. We barely get any homework, and I got into advanced choir and it's only my first year! Everyone is more nice and loving and I love that, and this school is very enthusiastic and my other school wasn't like that. In choir we performed at the padres game on the 24th of September. It was awesome. Well that's all, this school really is a great school.

I am currently going into 8th grade and I have to say, CPMA is an amaaaaaazing school in my opinion. All the teachers I've had we're really nice. Especially my choir teacher. She is the most wonderful teacher ever. Ever since 6th grade, she has become one of my bestfriends and you could trust her in anything. She doesn't just treat you as a student, she treats you like you are her friend. I've never ever had a teacher like that until I got to CPMA. Also in 7th grade, I was in ASB. ASB changed my life. Our teacher was hilaaaaarious but can be really serious and strict when she needed to be. ASB became my second family.. There was a lot of fights when i was in 7th grade (last school year) but I never saw any of them which is weird because apparently one happened right in front of me but I guess I was just distracted by something else. But honestly, I've never been in any drama at all and I hope it stays that way during my last year at CPMA. I've met a lot of great people especially my bestfriends. And I hope my new WEB family will just be like ASB :) Be The Change You Wish To See In The World!

Last modified Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.