Posted June 16, 2014
I sent my daughter here for 8th grade and it was the best decision we've ever made. The teachers truly understand kids who are creative and unique, and the school promotes and encourages students to excel in the arts as well as academically. The students that go to this school are pretty great too, and we did not have a problem with any bullying. My daughter loved this school so much and was very sad to leave. This school has got some SOUL, which I just didn't see at any of the other regular schools.

Posted May 24, 2014
Amazing school,My daughter is in sixth grade and she LOVES this school.She has made so many friends,and the teachers are so engaged in teaching she has had a ton of fun and im looking forward for next year.Dont listen to the bad reviews this is an AMAZING school.

Posted September 30, 2013
I'm and eighth grader at CPMA and this is my first year here. I have to say its way better than my other school. We barely get any homework, and I got into advanced choir and it's only my first year! Everyone is more nice and loving and I love that, and this school is very enthusiastic and my other school wasn't like that. In choir we performed at the padres game on the 24th of September. It was awesome. Well that's all, this school really is a great school.

Posted August 27, 2013
I am currently going into 8th grade and I have to say, CPMA is an amaaaaaazing school in my opinion. All the teachers I've had we're really nice. Especially my choir teacher. She is the most wonderful teacher ever. Ever since 6th grade, she has become one of my bestfriends and you could trust her in anything. She doesn't just treat you as a student, she treats you like you are her friend. I've never ever had a teacher like that until I got to CPMA. Also in 7th grade, I was in ASB. ASB changed my life. Our teacher was hilaaaaarious but can be really serious and strict when she needed to be. ASB became my second family.. There was a lot of fights when i was in 7th grade (last school year) but I never saw any of them which is weird because apparently one happened right in front of me but I guess I was just distracted by something else. But honestly, I've never been in any drama at all and I hope it stays that way during my last year at CPMA. I've met a lot of great people especially my bestfriends. And I hope my new WEB family will just be like ASB :) Be The Change You Wish To See In The World!

Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter went to CPMA for 6th, 7th and 8th grade. When I needed help, the office was always there for me. My daughter did so well there because I was on top of her grades and participated in her education. Best thing you can do as a parent is go to the parent orientation night. It will give you an idea of what our kids day is really like and who is teaching your children. My daughter went into CPMA without any knowledge of playing an instrument and has gone on to audition and move onto a high school that sees her skill and potential. She learned discipline and hard work pay off and I believe CPMA gave her the avenue to shine. I would let my child go there again!

Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
I love the fact that my son is engaged in artistic endeavors, as well as academic ones. CPMA offered the first Creative Writing Class for a middle school, which my son has taken this year as an elective. He has learned so much, while enjoying the creative process. He is also having a great time in his Media Arts class, and has learned a great deal in English, science and mathematics. My husband and I are very happy with the education our son is receiving from CPMA and it's teachers.

Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School 1

Posted January 29, 2013
My daughter started 7th grade this year and we were very excited! Unfortunately our excitement is over and replaced with disappointment and my daughter now has fear to attend school because of severe bullying, taunting and being beaten up 2 times in the last month. I've addressed the fights and the teasing with the principal who in my opinion has failed to punish/suspend the other girl s) which has made an escalation of taunting, and another fight! Schools should take all bullying seriously and protect their students as this is their responsibility. The last fight...which happened the day after daughters birthday, the school did not even call me to notify me! We are going to transfer....this school has turned into an emotional down spiral for my daughter who is highly creative. Sorry CPMA you are just a thumbs down!

Posted October 28, 2012
Of all the schools I have ever attended CPMA is by far the best. The student and teacher bodies are diverse and creative, offering an open and accepting school experience. The workload is reasonable and classes are well taught by a staff that is no less than gifted. I highly recommend the school to anyone, interest in the school's STELLAR arts programs or no.

Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School 3

Posted August 08, 2012
hi i am going into cpma for 7th grade as a noob and dont know what to expect plz help btw i went to marston :D

Posted July 11, 2012
I am going into my 8th grade in cpma and i LOVE IT !it has great teachers, for every grade. great guidance counslers . and great students. Yes their is drama and occasional fight , but what school doesnt right? if your looking for a school who has no drama && no fights. GOOD LUCK! lol but the students are very nice. they dont like group up in race like some schools theyr'e all mixed. and it's great. sometimes people get bullied but ussualy if i see it i always either call a teacher or staff or break it up myself. this school also has a great extra curriculum courses. for some reason the school board is making the new coming 6th graders take all of the extra curricular activites. i kind of wish that was for me . because i was put in something i HATE (trumpet -____-) but then in seventh grade i tried out choir <3 and i fell in love. now im in advaced choir :) i can't wait so hopefully if your looking at this school for your child i highly reccomend it <3

Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School
5050 Conrad Avenue, San Diego, CA  92117
Last modified Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creative, Performing, and Media Arts School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top