San Diego, CA

Posted August 20, 2015
Our sons have attended Notre Dame Academy for 7 years. It is difficult for me to assess NDA as a "school" because it is much more than an educational facility. Academically there are many things that I love about the school. It emphasizes international languages with instruction beginning in Preschool (French or Spanish). Music and Art, Physical education, etc. are at the forefront of the curriculum. The whole child is what they strive for at NDA and character development is the most important. This involves praying, religious education...and forming a solid moral foundation in a healthy, loving environment. Not Catholic? No problem. They are respectful and sensitive to each child. Furthermore, the Sisters practice what they preach. They are caring, hard working and dedicated people. They put the child first, period. We are a military family and Dad has deployed a few times over the years. The NDA family truly looked out for us. Father Nick and the Sisters checked in on my little one who was in Kindergarten and had a rough time without Dad. More than that they gave him love and understanding...they know him. They know us. Other families at the school made us homecooked meals WEEKLY for the entire 7 1/2 months my husband was gone. I'm a working Mom...Moms schedule playdates with my kids on half days or when I needed coverage. I had caring, helpful people lend a willing hand time and time again. Does this mean I haven't liked things or been happy with certain things? Of course not but at NDA I have a voice. They are always striving to improve the school. Their work is never done. Sister has an open door policy and will hear your concerns...she may not agree with you but she will treat you with respect and communicate with you...like in a family. One Family, Always United!!!!

Notre Dame Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015

Notre Dame Academy 2

Posted September 02, 2014
It is a great school for elementary years, however some spoilt children and families. A high teacher turnover rate. Academically ok. Not liberal

Notre Dame Academy 2

Posted July 25, 2014
This school's academic standards are far below the public schools in the area. The administrative staff is unqualified and unprofessional, and don't seem to care about the many wonderful families who have left the school due to the low academic standards and old-fashioned teaching techniques employed at the school. While there are some decent teachers, they don't tend to stay. The families are nice enough, and if you want a "sorority" type atmosphere this school is for you. If you are looking for religious instruction, faith formation classes through St. Therese of Carmel would be more productive. Father Nick and his staff are the one bright spot at this school, but unfortunately they don't control the school. You would be better off saving your money and sending your child elsewhere! Check out St. Michael's if you want a quality Catholic education.

Posted April 07, 2014
We recently transferred out !st Grade and Kinder child here from another Catholic school and are very happy. Socially the students and parents are welcoming and the teachers relay go a step beyond to work with students and see they to their individual needs. The Sisters run a good ship here and the office staff is equally as loving. Academically, we are very happy as our children are doing well in all subjects, given accelerated math when needed, studying and speaking Spanish, French etc. Compared to other children his age is private and public schools our son reads at a far superior level and our daughter is as well. The children are studying technology, computers, social studies, current events etc in 1st Grade! They have a parent mentoring program in K which tasks children to have a parent reading partner in school so they are reading aloud every day. The school is strong in faith values as well. Homerun!

Notre Dame Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2014
The education system at this school is sorely lacking, my son who transferred In from a public school has not had to study for one year. The teachers are insane and they waste 4 hours a week on useless classes. The only good teacher here left after one year.

Posted January 31, 2014
I am very proud to say here why we value our school. We've seen meaningful changes occur over a period of 3+ years. Some changes benefit students & student life: consistently upgraded technology, enhanced campus facilities & most importantly an uplifting of school spirit (increased participation in intramural sports & after-school activities, for example). Some changes benefit staff & teachers to help them grow in their vocations & community. Most of these changes, at any given private school, are successful when there are enough resources: planning, financial support and time. We have seen these resources at work to grow our school. This growth is something that tuition alone does not cover! An important fact to consider when evaluating private schools. Whether or not a person is a Catholic, a student, parent, teacher or staff (or all of the above or none) our school represents an engaging campus, making consistent changes to benefit all of our children and also the broader community surrounding them with patience and talent.

Posted June 04, 2013
AMAZING SCHOOL my daughter loves it here and I highly recommend it. Send your kid here because its worth every penny

Notre Dame Academy 4

Posted January 27, 2013
My son is currently attending his first year at NDA as a middle school student. Overall we are very happy with the school. The curriculum is strong, the teachers are willing to work with students to help them succeed, the administration has been approachable, and the students are friendly. Although it was a transition for my son coming from another school, we are happy with NDA and love the religious education that is being provided. There are also ways for students to get involved, either through sports, choir, academic competitions, and student government. The parents are welcoming and offer support to new families.

Notre Dame Academy 1

Posted December 13, 2012
We were not happy here, and are happy to be at another nearby Catholic School.

Notre Dame Academy