Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school fosters responsibility and taking ownership of one's own actions. The use of honesty, integrity, and fairness is designed to build students and the school community to a level of greater accountability.

I have a son who started this year in the sixth grade. I was actually shock to see the posting of 4/16/2016. My experience with both the staff and the teachers is that they go over and beyond what you find at most schools. I have also witnessed the students using the stairs on a regular basis and have found the process to be extremely organized. My son comes home excited each day to talk about what has taken place during the school day. I can name several schools in the San Diego District where there is an overall attitude of non-caring and Albert Einstein Middle School is not one of them.

They do not help kids at all the teacher's a mean and the school dose not care about the kid's at all it's just a act don't trust anyone at this school.they have a lot of stairs that kids trip on a push a lot.

My daughter has been at this school for the last 2 years. She transferred in as a 6th grader. I cannot disagree more with some of the complaints in the prior reviews. The school is a great community. Like any community, it has a predominant group (one reviewer calls it the "female/German" crowd) but I have never felt excluded from that group (which is ironic since I am male and non-German). Likewise, I will concur that my daughter often completes her homework at school, but philosophically I am non-believer in homework (especially if the kids are leveraging their time wisely at school and taking care of business when the opportunity presents itself). Finally, and most pointedly, I would have to disagree with the comments degrading the performance of any teacher at this school. My experience (and more importantly, the experience my daughter conveys to me) is that every teacher she has (or had) has challenged her and gifted her with something moving forward. Because I would be remiss if I left one off the list I will opt out of naming them. Regardless, I am clear that if/when my daughter chooses to be a scientist/doctor/lawyer/artist/teacher etc. she will be significantly better equipped to handle that choice because her middle school teachers have imparted to her the gift of learning across all her subjects.

We could not be happier with this school. The sports, arts and all round education of the student is second to none. They are an IB school so they prepare students to enter the world as a better citizens enriching families and communities and hopefully changing the world we all share. Love love love the faculty and campus as well as all the year round fundraising events. They could sure put five thousand dollars to good use.

My daughter just started 6th grade. I have to say compared to regular public schools I give this school a A+. I love how the teachers and the principal encourage kids to do well. Positive enforcement is always the way to go. I never heard my child tell me that she "loved school" until she came to this one. I am so happy that I choose this school for my daughter. Great job to the whole staff....

My child graduated Kinder in June and I was not happy with the results. The Kinder program has no actual structure that challenges the students. I hated how they used to always give out green even when their behavior was not acceptable. Mix signals are always being given to them if they are doing good or bad, they can tell the student that they are doing great sentences even when they can't write their ABC the right way. I didn't like the fact that they have like 2+hrs worth of brake/lunch/recess/relax time I feel that more of this time would be better used teaching the kids something than just giving them free time. The school looks really nice but I think if you are considering to enroll your child you should ask more questions about their educational plan.

My child just graduated and as the years went by it seemed like the education went downhill. I kept hoping it would get better. The last year he had the worst math teacher ever. The principal is a politician--always seems to be looking ahead and ignoring the present. A definite double standard exists. If you are female and German you are on top of the pile. Forget it if you don't fit in that mold.

I have 2 children in this middle school. It's my opinion and the opinion of a few other parents I've spoken to that they do not give enough homework. If they have time to do it in class IT IS NOT HOMEWORK!! They need more practice!!! And to address another comment posted here, my children have been at Einstein since kindergarten and it is a very ethnically diverse school. I just wish the IB program would allow for middle schoolers to study German or Spanish and allow the other language to be added as an elective.

i go to aea and i have been going there since kindergarten. the reason why your children are behind is because you are not a german speaking parent. and they are behind because the work at that school is very advanced. for example, i went there for kindergarten and i was ahead then i went to riverview and i was very smart because i knew all of that stuff but when i wewnt back to aea in fourth grade , well it turns out that they had learned division in third grade and riverview hasent learned division yet.

Last modified Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.