Posted April 11, 2014
We could not be happier with this school. The sports, arts and all round education of the student is second to none. They are an IB school so they prepare students to enter the world as a better citizens enriching families and communities and hopefully changing the world we all share. Love love love the faculty and campus as well as all the year round fundraising events. They could sure put five thousand dollars to good use.

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter just started 6th grade. I have to say compared to regular public schools I give this school a A+. I love how the teachers and the principal encourage kids to do well. Positive enforcement is always the way to go. I never heard my child tell me that she "loved school" until she came to this one. I am so happy that I choose this school for my daughter. Great job to the whole staff....

Posted August 08, 2013
My child graduated Kinder in June and I was not happy with the results. The Kinder program has no actual structure that challenges the students. I hated how they used to always give out green even when their behavior was not acceptable. Mix signals are always being given to them if they are doing good or bad, they can tell the student that they are doing great sentences even when they can't write their ABC the right way. I didn't like the fact that they have like 2+hrs worth of brake/lunch/recess/relax time I feel that more of this time would be better used teaching the kids something than just giving them free time. The school looks really nice but I think if you are considering to enroll your child you should ask more questions about their educational plan.

Posted June 23, 2013
My child just graduated and as the years went by it seemed like the education went downhill. I kept hoping it would get better. The last year he had the worst math teacher ever. The principal is a politician--always seems to be looking ahead and ignoring the present. A definite double standard exists. If you are female and German you are on top of the pile. Forget it if you don't fit in that mold.

Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle 4

Posted May 15, 2013
I have 2 children in this middle school. It's my opinion and the opinion of a few other parents I've spoken to that they do not give enough homework. If they have time to do it in class IT IS NOT HOMEWORK!! They need more practice!!! And to address another comment posted here, my children have been at Einstein since kindergarten and it is a very ethnically diverse school. I just wish the IB program would allow for middle schoolers to study German or Spanish and allow the other language to be added as an elective.

Posted December 06, 2012
My son started K this fall and I am not very happy with the curriculum, I feel as if the children are not being challenge and every little thing that they do is a great thing. My son stopped trying to work hard because he says that as long as he tried it's good enough. The teachers need to ask more of the students than the minimum. I also disliked that they seem to have no funds for anything, they request money from parents all the time. There is always something that they want and need and expect the parents to pay for it everytime. So far my child seems to be behind in his learning and yet the teachers seem to be okay with that.

Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle 4

Posted September 27, 2012
ok, First off let me start by saying I am not bad mouthing this scholl as I do have children that go here. However, I have noticed academically they are behind, I do not know if its because they do not do much classroom, structured work or if its because of the learning another language. My boys are smart and at the last school were top of the class, now being here he is failing, I pay for tutor, german homework club any and everything I can afford, because yes its cost. Well now my other child is behind as well. I dont know what to think at this point, are they helping them or are they just teaching and the ones that are struggling with the language are being left behind, are they doing enought structured teaching..???. I want to like this scholl but I often feel at times that I am left out to. These people are hard to get them to like you or they just dont want to. Well overall great with other programs like art, PE, and music.

Posted March 29, 2012
Charter or private school??!! I am very disappointed and suspect of this "charter" school. First of all, look at where the school is located and compare this to the student population . . . not quite equitable. I think I know why the majority of the student population is white (and yes, I'm white myself), again not a representation of the school's neighborhood. The school gives preference to families with German background, then its employees and then try to navigate through the schools website for enrollment information and procedures, good luck with this one! Do they offer help to LOCAL families that don't use or have computer/ internet access? How about kids that are English Language Learners? This sounds like a typical private school filtering process if you ask me. Wow, you guys are pretty smart! You basically have a private school scheme going with public school funding!!!!! Smart but not very ethical. I don't really like my property taxes going to a school like this one!

Posted January 30, 2011
I'm sorry to hear that the person below had a negative experience at Einstein. I, however, am going to contradict what that person said. Einstein is a huge hub of IB enthusiasts and German speakers, but it embraces all sorts of languages, races, and communities. The Spanish program is just as present on campus as the German program, and it opens up all people to new walks of life. The diversity is CRAZY. It's quite amazing, actually. There's Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics and there's absolutely NO racial tension whatsoever, so I'm wondering if the person below actually spent that much time at Einstein. Any parent who doesn't recognize the greatness of this school is clearly out of touch and not present in their child s education. Einstein is, in my opinion, the greatest school in San Diego. I miss it dearly and am thrilled about the upcoming high school. The administration here is also very wonderful.

Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle 3

Posted August 08, 2010
My opinion of this schools performance is it's on its way to become a good school, but it is just not there yet. I know it is a German Based school, but it can use a lot more diversity in the student and teacher body along with the curriculum. The only culture they embrace is german culture, while there are many other cultures at the school to be celebrated. I do believe there is a racial issue between the students, but the teachers, staff, and principal refuses to address the problem. If those problems were addressed, they can be the IB school the strive to be.

Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle
3035 Ash Street, San Diego, CA  92102
Last modified Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert Einstein Academy Charter Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top