San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 25, 2014
I really do love this school. My son went to Doyle in Kindergarten and his teacher didn't seem to even like kids. I didn't understand why she was teaching. My kid was getting bullied by kids in 1st and 2nd grade and I reported to the Vice Principal who did nothing. I even got the names of the kids. Angier is not like that. All the teachers seem to love the kids. His 1st Grade teacher Mrs. Lara and his 2nd grade teacher Mrs Fleck are the GREATEST. Both have kids and know what it is like to be a mom. AND the principal is ALWAYS on site talking to kids talking to parents. He comes out during walking club to ge the kids ready for start of the day. The flag ceremony on Monday mornings helps with the commaraderie of the whole school. My son is learning so much and excelling far more than he would have at another school. I LOVE ANGIER! It's a great school.

Posted September 26, 2013
Every year, this school has never ceased to amaze me. Last night was the school's back to school night and I was thoroughly impressed by the teachers and the principal. Parent involvement has grown every year. The principal, Mr. Gergurich continues to show his passion for the betterment of the school and it's students. The school has a partnership with YMCA for Physical Education (sports and swimming). The school also has a special education program. They also have a choir and music program. There are after school programs: cheerleading, martial arts and basketball fundamental. There is also a huge support for military families.

Angier Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2013
FANTASTIC! My son had a great 2 years here. I was scared with the principal change, however he was the best thing that ever happened to Angier! We come from a state with higher standards & top schools and I was happy with Angier except his 4th grade teacher. The 5th grade teachers are both amazing! He had many friends and they understand the military life! This years PTO President was excellent. Too bad the middle/high schools that Angier feeds into are not so good. Our family will be relocating to an area with decent middle/high schools, but I'd recommend Angier without hesitation!

Posted May 16, 2013
Angier Elementary has an amazing principal. He is proactive for the children and their well being. He strives over and beyond for them and their families. He is constantly looking for new ways to improve and enrich the school as a whole.

Posted February 04, 2013
My son and daughter have been students in Angier school for about 2 years y they are really happy, they have a lot of friends. As also this school has great and wonderful Teachers. Teachers who really care for students and they help them if they need some help. My children immigrated from a country where the people speaks spanish and they have learned English so fast because this school has good Teachers.

Angier Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2009
My daughter has been at Angier for 3 yrs and she has had wonderful teachers. Teachers that really care if their students grasp what their teaching! Tamara Lawson

Posted November 12, 2008

Angier Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted June 16, 2008
This school is awesome!!! All the teachers 'REALLY CARE' about their students. We have been everywhere in the US Navy and we were welcomed and my child feels proud to be a student here. The Principal Ms. Shaw is great ! Your child will be happy here.

Angier Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2008
The Principal is dedicated and takes important steps towards improving the school. Already since she arrived there, a safety patrol program has been put in place, a cross-walk has been installed for improved safety, a site-wide behavior plan has been created and implemented, the AVID program has been implemented, etc. All of this has been encouraged and supported by the current principal. The school also has a GATE program that has been consistently growing. The school works closely with the surrounding military housing office and support staff to support students and families.

Angier Elementary School
8450 Hurlbut Street, San Diego, CA  92123
Last modified Angier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Angier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top