Bad
Good

I didn't like that there was no supervising the front gate during scholl hours, Anyone can walk in and have straight access to classroom doors and I was very uncomfortable with that..B4 my kids left the school the principal seem determined to have a plan for that.. I would just ask before starting your kids there.

Overall this school is not of a high caliber in my personal opinion. I give this school two stars only because one teacher stands out - one male 4th grade teacher - as someone who genuinely cares about his students education. Otherwise, my experience with this school for the 2011-2012 school years leads me to believe that many teachers do not care about the students, they are overwhelmed with 25-35 students per class, their PTA is unorganized, and the quality of this school shows in the grades/work that is produced. I definitely plan on switching my children's schools for the 2012-2013 school year away from Penn Elementary!

40 kids in 4th grade-1 teacher. 40 kids in 4th grade-1 teacher. 40 kids in 4th grade-1 teacher. I SAY THAT CAN'T BE GOOD-FOR ANY SCHOOL.

My son enjoys going to school and it is because of his 2nd and 3rd grade teachers that make it enjoyable.

I Think this School is Great! It has Great Education. My Child really enjoys her teacher. She loves school!

I think Penn is the best school. My children are receiving a great education. The principal and staff make this happen!

Under the leadership of the current Principal, Penn has received the Distinguished School Award this year. I think the teachers and staff rallied together to make it happen. A school is as great as the staff, students, and parents make it to be. My child is having a great experience & is doing well academically.

I think the principal should look at the no child left behind theory. Students, and there are many, are not getting the extra support and help they need in mainstream classes. The principal has a policy in place to provide extra support and help to students who scores are basic and above basic. The students who's score are below basic do not receive the support they need to succeed in school. I think money should be put into hiring aide for the teachers who identify these students who are struggling.

Penn Elementary has become a school where teachers are leaving and parents are pulling student out to attend other schools. I would not recomend sending your child here at all. Only a few people there are happy; and they run the school.

Last modified Penn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.